Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR EA/BW could simply prevent new character creation on these servers until populations stabilize - what an interesting concept ....

So basically Early Game Access was a waste of time if EA/BW happened to place your guild on one of these high population servers and you aren't able wait 2+ hours. EA/BW are inherently encouraging players not to ever log off for the fear of having a long queue time when they want to play again thus making the problem even worse.

The phrase "Piss Poor Planning" comes to mind.

Yes.

And, I don't see where this is going. On the high population servers what are we supposed to do. Re-roll entire guilds? See it out? But how long will seeing it out take?

"We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues."

How can you seriously make this statement when you are the one who put us on these high servers?

Should I ask the 100 guild members some who are on level 40+ to just reroll? Are you reading what your fan base is saying about how bad these queues are? Hours of waiting?

Offer free transfers for guilds before we all go bye bye. Blizzard, as fracked up as they are, do a superior job with their MMO than you clowns.

Stop updating us with this crap! No response is better than your half arse solutions.

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

<snip>

We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

It's YOU, Bioware, who assigned my guild to that server. I have guildies who already spent a lot of time in the game, so re-rolling is not an option... not to mention it's your fault, not ours.

So you better make those queue reduce to reasonable times at peak hours.

2+ hours is just nonsense for my guildies who come home from work and expect to play in the evening.

Or offer us free transfers to a low pop server.

But do something, quick. Tonight, a guildie created a char on another server to be able to play because he couldn't play his main, after 2+ hours queue and a disconnection from the queue just before the end.

Edited by Korrigan

Pffft what a mess. Again in a que for over an hour.

Strange issues with the map, it's just empty. Have to relog each time.

Camera goes nuts and swings to top every now and then.

Strange green lines and artifacts on screen.

In the "hint" screen it says we can respec by pressing the respec button.

Where the hell is that button?! I have to pay loads of money just to test some builds to see what fits me. It's like the only thing my money goes too! Bleh!

When was GW2's release date again? :)

Edited by lowizi

And what about us that got our guild put on a Super pop server ? Its tempting to move to another server, but that would take the whole guild to move.

So much for trying to prepare you out of this, but yet it failed. Did you just take everyone from the pre-launch guild program and throw them on 1 server and then do the happy dance ?

we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

make ya minds up, which is it those servers at their limits or you still have head way? :)

either way, it's rather a fail not to have server transfers already in place(code wise), surely it should've been in place for launch? in case this kind of thing/packed servers/Pre Asigned servers were messed up, seems like BW lacked a plain B to me.

but hey it can hardly get worse, heres hoping the servers don't fry over the holidays :):D;)

Thanks for addressing the concerns SR.

With that being said, I understand the need to identify those servers coming close to the absolute cap, however, might I suggest adding the other full servers to that list?

It seems somewhat contradictory to only list 3 US servers when it very clearly shows that there are 47 servers considered "FULL". I realize the goal of the BioWare team is to not discriminate or prevent rolling characters on any server, and understand that in the grand scheme of things, there really isn't much the team can do (what a great problem to have, queueing issues on launch day... seriously, that's awesome!) to force character creation on certain servers.

I also recognize that, if we're being honest, most players don't read the forums, or even the alerts on the launcher. It's human nature. That's why I think there should be some sort of hard restriction in place. It's one thing to suggest or advise players to not do things, and a complete other thing to say, "No, we apologize, but with the health of the game and its servers as our top priority, we really can't let you create a character on Warriors of the Shadow at this time".

TL;DR - Please add more servers to the "Do not create characters on 'X' list", and if at all possible, restrict character creation on said "FULL" servers.

Thanks.

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

I'm sorry, but im not gonna restart my toon which is already level 26. I choose the red eclipse server on day 1 of the early access and there wasn't any problem. Now 1 week later there is a waiting que of 1100 people infront of me. As my time is limited for the upcomming weeks, how am i supposed to play where i have to wait 2 hours or more in que.

U give an answer "consider playing on another server", but thats kinda unacceptable. If u would have locked the heavy load servers during the pre game access, this queing never would have happend and people would have spread out more evenly over the rest of the servers.

Ill hope we can have the character transfer anytime soon, but if u ask me, this should have already been finished and up and running.

Edited by Serinda

I'm sorry, but im not gonna restart my toon which is already level 26. I choose the red eclipse server on day 1 of the early access and there wasn't any problem. Now 1 week later there is a waiting que of 1100 people infront of me. As my time is limited for the upcomming weeks, how am i supposed to play where i have to wait 2 hours or more in que.

U give an answer "consider playing on another server", but thats kinda unacceptable. If u would have locked the heavy load servers during the pre game access, this queing never would have happend and people would have spread out more evenly over the rest of the servers.

Ill hope we can have the character transfer anytime soon, but if u ask me, this should have already been finished and up and running.

stop crying now plzz they are working and working on transfer...

Nice to finally have an update.

I must say tough I am not happy about how things have been going, on EU side it seems you put most of the Guild on Frostclaw and it got crowded and Full almost right away.

Our guild Would be happy with Transfer but as it is not available yet there is nothing we can do.

It is not an option to start new on another server most of us are level 25+ and that does take some time. We were appointed to that server, if would have known the server would be this bad right away. With over 1k in Queue and Queueing for about 2 hours we most probably would have moved right away. We want a a soloution for this ASAP and you should have had a backup plan other then raising the Cap and I think I say That ALL the Guild that were appointed to that server are really getting Tired on this.

The best soloution in my opinion would have been locking the servers or opening up new servers faster than you did.

But I still want to thank you for a really good launch and an awesome game. Only problem I have had that are really bad. Is TARIS!!(pls fix the planet) and the Queues.

US based server Iron citadel PVP is actually the one with the highest queue time any time of the day and its not on your list.

Actually, its been the one with the longest queues since early access day 1,

Update it plz.

Edited by crazysam