Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

Server Moves

Should have been in there from Day 1

We found this out 15 years ago.

There is no shenanigans you can do which are going to figure out how people are going to choose servers, though you could have at least not pushed all the launch guilds onto 10 servers where you knew everyone would come play where their friends are.

All you can do is provide people the option to remedy this option.

Ok, so you (Bioware) screwed up, fine. But you need to come up with an ETA. It's acceptable to acknowledge that you screwed up your launch, but you need to give your NOW PAYING customers an estimate on when you're going to fix it. "I'll get to it when I do" has never worked for me in the real world, I'm not sure why you think it's acceptable here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice One BW!

My server, The Shadowlands are also up there in terms of queues, though not as bad as Swiftsure(Geez, anytime of the day I look at the servers, Swiftsure is either very Heavy or Full. I don't think I've seen it have a status of Heavy and below...) ,especially on peak hours..Hang in there swiftsure! :p

Thanks but I got placed of Frostclaw as part of the guild deployment, not very impressed to be told currently my only options are a queue up to 2 hours or to abandon the character I've played for over 20 hours.

I know you're busy guys but please look in prioritising the work of character transfers, new content will only be fun if I'm there to enjoy it.

I'm not sure low caps are a sensible way to deal with this. The people that really need to be on the server due to guilds/friends being there will join the server no matter what. The people that don't need to be there won't join it because of the excessive queue times. Fix the "Estimated queue time" i.e. double it because 2 hours usually means 4-5, then up the caps. Queue times will still say 2 hours+ and people who are determined to get on the server can do so without having to wait half a day.

Been waiting for 2.5 hours now with about 500 ahead of me currently on Red Eclipse.

The wait would have been shorter if it hadn't been for some weird server connection losses, that meant that I had to re-connect. Never experienced this during pre-release or Beta.

I appreciate that a solution is being worked on. Some wait time is acceptable, but anything more than half an hour becomes highly inconvenient for players with limited time. Could some king of wait time cap be put in place in conjunction with limitations on new character creation?

I have now reached the same level with my Sith Sorceror that I did during Beta, and I would really hate to re-enroll on a different server and play through those same 25 levels a third time.

If no solution to the hour long wait times is found, could you please at least create a Free Character Transfer system. Perhaps one free transfer every 3 months per account (With the option to move more characters more often if you pay)

I'd like to move servers but you guys put our 40+ member guild on Frostclaw and half the members are 20+ some hit 40 already. I thought the whole point of the pre launch guild system was so spread folks out.

I hope when you put in server transfers that guilds assigned to high load servers get a option to free transfer off seeing as it wasnt our fault.

Sucks that my guild got deployed to The Harbinger and now my only option is to deal with it or leave and start over. My game time doesn't allow for me to sit and wait to play for almost an hour.

I've never had an hour on Harbinger, my longest was a thirty minute queue. I made some nice pancakes in that time <3. Today, I played Mount and Blade while I was in the queue.

Yet no update on the Taris Memory Leak Scandal. But +1 For the rest :p

That issue is among our top three issues for development right now (right next to our 'pending quests' bug) and should be fixed by tomorrow, barring any last minute issues.

Today? Tomorrow? In a week?

I don't want to commit to even a rough ETA on that, but I'm hearing it's going well. It's being actively worked on.

Perhaps a few US servers could be flagged as "Oceanic" purely to help us gather? Otherwise I am sure the Australian / RedZone community will pick one as a tertiary (after Jek'something, which is already the secondary).

Or perhaps we could officially launch in those territories. See another post incoming very soon.

if i'll create a new character on a new server with a light population how you could secure that next day I will not experience the same issue. i.e 2-4-6 hour queue. I think this is a main question that you need to ask yourself.

Generally speaking, we haven't seen any servers go from empty to full (with large queues) inside a day. In fact, we have some servers that still have 'standard' load now and haven't moved from there since they came up during Early Game Access.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

How about keeping to the truth, the problem is with BW, not with the customer, stick to the f.........cking fact for a change.

a good % of your customers are dc'ing from the gameservers, while ingame, multiple times a day, this only started happening today , after your long maintance, not only that but i have never disconnected from a queue before today, now ive disconnected 3 times from a queue, only just to start from scratch.

That and ive had 4 disconnects while i was ingame, though all with very short queues , except for the last one, then i had to start all over in the queue, and now 3 dc's from that queue making me start all over again.

Its a no-win situation for BW, they lower server pop cap=qq. They raise it and servers crash=qq. New players that for whatever reason that didn't pre-order and then on top of that didn't join brand new servers made for them so everyone can start even, its beyond my understanding.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

At least this is good news - it's bad that it can occur, but it's good it's have high attention.

How about keeping to the truth, the problem is with BW, not with the customer, stick to the f.........cking fact for a change.

a good % of your customers are dc'ing from the gameservers, while ingame, multiple times a day, this only started happening today , after your long maintance, not only that but i have never disconnected from a queue before today, now ive disconnected 3 times from a queue, only just to start from scratch.

That and ive had 4 disconnects while i was ingame, though all with very short queues , except for the last one, then i had to start all over in the queue, and now 3 dc's from that queue making me start all over again.

I agree - problem started today within the last 4-6 hours - at least here in Europe (The Progrenior).

At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

So you'd rather allow EGA and non-EGA players to sit in hour/multiple hour long queues instead?

Edited by Ramuaz