BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

Did they tune down the fight? Because I legit stumbled through this.. I can't even conceive of the problems I've been reading.. T7 was a helpful distraction, but his lack of gear was a nonissue. Level 50 tank spec'd in dps gear.. a little strategy required but I was also glitched and unable to stop myself from walking forward.. It's.. awkward.

Either way. Just used sweep/cyclone slash to clear the clones.. dps'd the one that was taking real damage.

Did I just get lucky? Maybe I really AM the chosen one...

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they tune down the fight? Because I legit stumbled through this.. I can't even conceive of the problems I've been reading.. T7 was a helpful distraction, but his lack of gear was a nonissue. Level 50 tank spec'd in dps gear.. a little strategy required but I was also glitched and unable to stop myself from walking forward.. It's.. awkward.

Either way. Just used sweep/cyclone slash to clear the clones.. dps'd the one that was taking real damage.

Did I just get lucky? Maybe I really AM the chosen one...

AoEs used to not affect the adds. Had to Awe then Strike/Slash them down.

I just finished this today. I am a guardian. It took a several hours over a couple days, 200k - 300k creds in repairs, stims, and med packs but it is done. This is what worked for me.

I hadn't used t7 since picking up Kira. He was severally under geared. After every fight I had to rez him. Bought some stuff off the gtn which helped. There is a puzzle in the temple. If you click on the panel on the pillars and choose the triangle with a couple of lines under it it will make a imp symbol on the floor. There will be a chest that appears. I couldn't loot it. Got the "Opening..." and cast bar would fill up but no loot. At the end of the first day I used a fleet pass because I was giving up, and then re-entering instance the next day I could loot chest and get items. Most where upgrades from what I had purchased. I changed his stance to keep him from pulling aggro to.

I read several strategies and tried them all. You can not kite him out of the room. He will evade and return to the throne with full health. I tried using the pillars to break los but that wasn't working either. I tried hiding and taking out the adds then focusing on the emperor but that didn't work either.

The most infuriating thing was that I'd get him to about 30-40% and he'd hit me with something that killed me outright. I don't know what it was but I think it was an instant cast because I didn't see a cast bar. Just boom! and dead.

So what did work? I met him toe to toe. Ignored the adds. The adds don't do any damage I don't think. Used interrupts when I could. Kept Enure, saber ward, challenging call, and combat focus up. Used the interrupts that had the longest cooldown first (hilt strike, awe). He spam something (force strike I think) so much that I couldn't keep up so I ignored most of those. I focused on interrupting the ones with the longest cast time. I also popped call of the force just as t7 was almost dead.

I don't know if it was just dumb luck but that is what ended up working for me. Hope you manage to get through it. It was a very frustrating fight!

Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

The fight wasn't necessarily designed with the thought that you keep up T7's gear throughout the game. Rather, there appears to be a bug we're seeing.

The puzzle in the large main room is indeed intended to help gear T7 if needed. If solved, the resulting chest should provide a full set of blue gear of T7. We thought we had fixed this for launch, but it appears some of you are still not able to loot the chest. If you have solved this puzzle, can you confirm if you had any problem looting the chest, and what exactly happened? In an earlier build, you may have gotten an 'out of range' type of error. Is that what you are getting now or is it just not looting?

Thanks for your help!

The T7 chest is still bugging out. When I solved the puzzle and clicked the chest there was a 1.5 second cast time and nothing was lootable. This is similar to what others have reported in this thread.

I just finished this today. I am a guardian. It took a several hours over a couple days, 200k - 300k creds in repairs, stims, and med packs but it is done. This is what worked for me.

I hadn't used t7 since picking up Kira. He was severally under geared. After every fight I had to rez him. Bought some stuff off the gtn which helped. There is a puzzle in the temple. If you click on the panel on the pillars and choose the triangle with a couple of lines under it it will make a imp symbol on the floor. There will be a chest that appears. I couldn't loot it. Got the "Opening..." and cast bar would fill up but no loot. At the end of the first day I used a fleet pass because I was giving up, and then re-entering instance the next day I could loot chest and get items. Most where upgrades from what I had purchased. I changed his stance to keep him from pulling aggro to.

I read several strategies and tried them all. You can not kite him out of the room. He will evade and return to the throne with full health. I tried using the pillars to break los but that wasn't working either. I tried hiding and taking out the adds then focusing on the emperor but that didn't work either.

The most infuriating thing was that I'd get him to about 30-40% and he'd hit me with something that killed me outright. I don't know what it was but I think it was an instant cast because I didn't see a cast bar. Just boom! and dead.

So what did work? I met him toe to toe. Ignored the adds. The adds don't do any damage I don't think. Used interrupts when I could. Kept Enure, saber ward, challenging call, and combat focus up. Used the interrupts that had the longest cooldown first (hilt strike, awe). He spam something (force strike I think) so much that I couldn't keep up so I ignored most of those. I focused on interrupting the ones with the longest cast time. I also popped call of the force just as t7 was almost dead.

I don't know if it was just dumb luck but that is what ended up working for me. Hope you manage to get through it. It was a very frustrating fight!

what if your a sentinel? We don't get heavy armor and the emperor kills us very fast.

I think its interesting to note that this thread has over 60,000 views and almost 400 replies, yet bioware is still "looking into it". What needs looking into? Just lower the emperors damage mitigation a little bit so we can all kill him as we are intended to do.

Edited by warpass

I killed the emperor saturday on my second try as a sentinel. T7 had mostly bad gear - stuff around the 30s before I got Doc with 3 pieces of corellia quest reward greens.

I had the ancient chest bug out (completed the puzzle, was able to click the chest and saw a castbar, but no looting took place) but I decided to give things a try anyway. I figured I could always go buy him some better gear if it wasn't even close.

My first attempt was learning. I saw that he splits, that 1 hit takes out the images and that t7 goes down like a sack of bricks. My second attempt, I whacked his images with the basic attack and made sure to interrupt him. It's really not very difficult.

Edited by Meranos

The emperor got nerfed hard... I think you guys are joking if you're still having problem, really? Frankly speaking, I think BW is too nice to give the lootable for T7, which is really not needed.

when did this happen? Its not in any patch notes.

About two weeks ago, it was undocumented. I can confirm that they definitely changed it, the difference was like night and day.

That's all I needed to hear. I'm going to go try it now.

EDIT: wait, 2 weeks ago? They only removed some mobs on the way to the emperor. They didn't change his fight at all.

I refer you to the guardian at the top of this page who said it took 2 days and over 200k in repairs. He has heavy armor, I don't. So I'm not thinking they changed the fight at all.

Edited by warpass

The emperor got nerfed hard... I think you guys are joking if you're still having problem, really? Frankly speaking, I think BW is too nice to give the lootable for T7, which is really not needed.

Yeah, this. I had been collecting blue and orange gear for T7 for a few days as I finished up my class quest, I made a glut of medpacs and stims through my biochem, forwent my speeder training in case I needed the cash for repair money, and....

.... One shot him.

He's actually easier then Valis and Angral now, and those two seem to be the most complained about.

Oh well, at least I had the cash on hand for my speeder. :D

Getting conflicting stories here - is he nerfed or not? It seems the amount of people killing him has increased a lot, so I assume some changes have been made.

I'll probably help someone out at some point to verify how difficult the fight is now. I honestly wish BioWare would confirm any changes made to it instead of leaving people in the dark.

I finished yesterday and it was disappointly easy. I geared T7 up with a couple GTN greens and some stuff from Correllian commendations; the ancient chest bugged out for me so I didn't get anything from that. Went in to the final fight nervous but as stated it was way too easy. I'm a Guardian as tank spec and I just interrupted every thing he tried to throw at me. T7 didn't die and I didn't drop below 73% before the fight was over. Didn't have to pop the 20 minute CD and the only CD I did use was Warding Call at the beginning because I feared it was going to be a monstrous fight.

Either he's been nerfed big time or the people complaining about the fight were trying to fight him naked as level 30's or something.

I don't get how people can possibly think this guy was easier than earlier fights (such as angral, THAT guy was a cake walk)

I mean, it took me like around 8 tries before I was able to finally beat him, just as some advice I wouldn't say you should COMPLETELY ignore the clones, but after he summons the third clones he'll start using force blow that you need to interrupt, but once you interrupt it keep attacking the clones, then once you've beaten the clones and start attacking him again, he MIGHT be using it again, you should be able to force kick him

also don't forget you can use "awe" if you need to destroy a group quickly

it wasn't really "hard" it was just really annoying

I just beat him on my first try, so judging by the way people were talking, I figure they must have nerfed him a little.

If it helps, I'll say what I did to beat him. I didn't waste time on the puzzle thing, I had periodically upgraded T7 as I leveled.

Popped rebuke and saber ward... interrupted whenever I could... Ignored the clones completely... I didn't kite him or anything like that, just stood toe to toe with him.

I don't think my build isn't a preferred one, but the majority of the points are in the focus tree. I just kept at him. T7 died, but I finished with about 65% of my life.

They had to have nerfed him lol.

You don't need T7 to do this fight. I did it at 48 with T7 and he died almost immediately anyways. And even if you did need T7, go out and gear him up. A full set of green 40 gear probably wouldn't be more than 20-30k, which is what, 20mins of work in Corellia?

I reached the end-boss at 46 and couldn't beat him, and i attempted it about a dozen times and geared up T7 from his mid 20 gear. Should we get Bioware to nerf him down to level 46 so that i could have done it at that level too? Since i was able to reach him at 46, i should be able to kill him at 46, no?

Are you people so impatient that dying a few times or working at it is unacceptable?

Greetings!

So, I got to level 50 last night, and decided to complete the class quest today. As some of you no doubt know, the final fight is against the Emperor. No sweat!

The real issue here is that T7-01 is the only available companion. He's in level 14 gear, simply because I've used other companions ever since I got Kira. I assume this is the case for a lot of Guardians out there, especially Defense specced ones. Later on, the obvious companion choice is Doc, regardless of spec.

So what to do? I have a hard time getting the Emperor even to 50%, let alone kill the guy. That's just not happening. Not as long as I have a completely undergeared companion capable of doing no damage whatsoever and tanking for about two hits and then he goes squash.

Here's what I suggest: Remove T7-01 from the fight as well somehow, making it a solo fight, tuned as a solo fight. Right now it's tuned as a proper boss fight, but in reality most people will be doing it solo since their companion is completely worthless at that point.

My only other alternative right now is to get out of Dromund Kaas (which I already have), and then start to gear up T7-01, which I'm not very interested in to be honest as I have no use for him beyond that one fight.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little frustration here after dying way too many times in the ancient temple on Dromund Kaas, while also providing some feedback.

Yeah please change the final fight just for me because I am too lazy to do what is necessary to beat it or....ask for one other person to help, I really hope this is a troll post because this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.....

I can confirm he has been nerfed. He takes a lot more dmg now and his shadow clones do a lot less dmg. He still has the 1 hit kill power but its the only one you need to interrupt. I tried before and after the nerf and its like night and day. Took 2 tries and I got him.

Combat sentinel.