Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the date... it isn't even April. :eek:

Well, guess I have to believe it. I'm confident. I think the new movies will be better than the PT but not as good as the OT. (At the beginning I though: O no, Disney will make them kids movies. But then I read that Marvel also belongs to them. :) )

Well episode 7 cant be worse than 1-3 right?

Depends, Jar Jar survived the PT and most likely the OT according to canon.

How old do Gun Guns make?

Star Wars : 1970's ground breaking space epic later reduced to "Meesaa gonna die! Meesaa gonna die."

Awesome... can't wait for the new film, though I guess it's a few years away.

Yes, the prequels weren't as good as the originals. But they were intended to fill in a story and fully actualize the universe the original three occurred in. George didn't have what was necessary to accomplish this visually.

Films beyond Jedi will allow for an approach without the significant constraints of having to lead into the original three.

Anyone who thinks this is bad news is really trying to find something to dislike, though not surprising on these forums.

Though not great films like the original three, even the prequels had worthwhile moments in them, and were visually really well done.

Please be the Thrawn trilogy, please be the Thrawn trilogy, please be the Thrawn trilogy.

(It's not going to be the Thrawn trilogy I know.)

My guess is a completely original story with a scant few borrowed/"re-imagined" characters and a few small nods to narratives past.

I am seriously worried about an episode 7, would hope they'd leave the original trilogy alone and focus on new characters and timelines. An adaption of the Thrawn trilogy would be pretty cool, though I'm worried they'll make their own story and ruin the great stories already out there.

That said, Disney has done a great job with Marvel and Pixar, allowing them a lot of independance, hopefully this will continue with Star Wars.

if this makes the thrawn trilogy N cannon there will be a uproar.

I guess. But what would you Thrawn fans think if they made good movies based upon it but with a lot of changes. Like the Dark Knight movies are based upon the Batman comics but don't really stick to them.

Edited by Maaruin