Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As crazy as that sounds I wouldn't actually mind that happening. They would have to have a good explaination of where she went though during films 4-6.

Either Anakin believes her dead, or knows she's alive and deliberately, depending on the circumstances of their separation, decides not to pursue her. Or not. But there are dozens of ways that they writers could use the relationship between Ahsoka and Vader to justify her survival.

Edited by CelCawdro

Maybe they'll change it so Anakin wasn't the Chosen One, considering the so-called "balance" lasts for like 15 minutes...

It lasted for a while when Vader came there were 2 Sith (Sidious/Vader) & 2 Jedi (Yoda/Obi Won) at least those are the ones we know survived.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

i wonder if the agreement between Ea and lucas arts will be void now. Maybe disney will revamp this game. OR they will "lay off" everyone and shut the game down. Or a meteor will hit earth and wipe out al life. Or the sun will explode.

Or maybe something good will happen.

Oh, this is an interesting twist, but not necessarily a bad thing.

I am curious about other Lucas properties like ILM and THX – are they part of the deal?

Seems the Disney article anticipated my question:

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Lucasfilm, a leader in entertainment, innovation and technology, including its massively popular and "evergreen" Star Wars franchise and its operating businesses in live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production. Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.
Edited by Uluain

After the prequels Lucas did more damage than good to the franchise. The last 20 years have basically being using the movies as cash cow with the various re-releases and Star Wars 3D was just another gimmick.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had another release planned next year to keep the money coming in.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

i AM BLOWN AWAY, I HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR AGAIN :)

I think this is a good thing. Lucas, while of course he deserves a lot of respect for creating Star Wars, was a bit arrogant and said at one point that there would be no Star Wars films, and that anything outside of his 6 films (and the Clone Wars) "didn't actually happen" - descrediting the quality work of very good writers like Timothy Zahn.

With him out of the picture we'll finally get more films. Star Wars is so vast and there are tons of stories to tell, and I think it's simply arrogant to say that Anakin's or Darth Vader's story is the only one that mattered.

Edited by Jenzali

Id prefer they do a "old republic" film(s) instead of Ep 7.

I would too, but most people going to see the film(s) would rather see something after Episode 6 I'd bet. I really doubt they'd write it in a past era instead of a future one.

No Lucas has said, balance in Star Wars is just the Lightside. The whole ying/yang doesn't work here.

^This.

Lucas has outright said that balance was brought to the force when Anakin killed the Sith, meaning his alter-ego and Darth Sidious, the prophecy came true when the Banite line of Sith was extinguished.