Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O god !! Not sure what to make of this , as much as I want episode 7 , I feel I'm a bit dubious of disney making it. So Luke is now 70 years old ? On a good note the game called spilt second was very good by Disney , if you haven't played it then try it. So what of this games license ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yeah I'm sure it will be AWESOME. If you're ages 5 to 10.

Actually, check out all the studios Disney owns. They are responsible for a lot of very good movies. I suppose I really should have only gone to see Iron Man if I was 10.

Edited by Etapi

Yeah I'm sure it will be AWESOME. If you're ages 5 to 10.

DIsney created the Pirates of the Carribean movies....I'd say they're fun to watch even if you're above the age of 10.

Also, Disney owns Marvel. I'd also say The Avengers attracted more than 5-10 year olds.

And yeah...Disney has been full of Star Wars since 1984 or so. :) They just revamped the Star Tours ride, it's pretty awesome.

Edited by chuixupu

You mean Lucasfilm and why oh why is this happening, LEAVE IT BE!

Because it will make George Lucas about $4 billion according to the Disney page. I wouldn't say no to that. And George probably doesn't mind saying buy to his baby after all these years. And also, maybe it's a finger to all the people that didn't like his 1-3 films, maybe.

But with $4 billion it means he can pretty much do whatever he wants till he cops it. Maybe he wants to finance other film ideas he has and this will help him. Or maybe, just maybe, like Bill Gates has done with all his money, wants to put it in a foundation for charity.

DIsney created the Pirates of the Carribean movies....I'd say they're fun to watch even if you're above the age of 10.

Also, Disney owns Marvel. I'd also say The Avengers attracted more than 5-10 year olds.

And yeah...Disney has been full of Star Wars since 1984 or so. :) They just revamped the Star Tours ride, it's pretty awesome.

If the clone wars is any indication of what's to come, I wouldn't be so sure. We will just have to wait and see. I'm not hoping for Spartacus stuff but at least more ambiguity and mature themes than what the clone wars has been.

I'm not sure if I like this. I like the idea of a new Star Wars movie, but there are some down-sides to this. Apparently it takes place after ROTJ, so that would mean a couple of novels will be N-Canon, depending on when it actually happens.

Not sure about this.

if this makes the thrawn trilogy N cannon there will be a uproar.

Because it will make George Lucas about $4 billion according to the Disney page. I wouldn't say no to that. And George probably doesn't mind saying buy to his baby after all these years. And also, maybe it's a finger to all the people that didn't like his 1-3 films, maybe.

But with $4 billion it means he can pretty much do whatever he wants till he cops it. Maybe he wants to finance other film ideas he has and this will help him. Or maybe, just maybe, like Bill Gates has done with all his money, wants to put it in a foundation for charity.

I think it is more related to this:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-05-31/news/31931425_1_star-wars-episode-iii-george-lucas

And I agree Rayla, the Thrawn Trilogy would be awesome.

Edited by Etapi

Also, as he said, the Star Wars universe was eventually going to be passed on to SOMEONE. It might as well be someone of his choosing, now, while he can still be part of the decision.