Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George I think all along has wanted to make Episodes 7-9 but didn't want to do it himself so he started shopping the franchise around. Disney was the group that convinced him they could handle the franchise. People still see Disney as the kids company but in the last 5 years they have started making more adult entertainment that ever this is where you get the Avengers, Tron, Lone Ranger, Pirates of the Caribbean, and so on. I think they can make this better and not for little kids.

Initially I was like NOOOooOoOOOO!!!!, But upon listening to the Conference calls and waiting for more info its gonna be epic hopefully. George will remain as Creative consultant on the films, and we will have EP 7,8,9!

Buzzing

wow I'm suprised so many people are against this.

Disney did amazing things for Marvel now that they own it. Just look at the recent Super Hero movies like the Avengers. The entire reason we got Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is because of Disney.

Now my question is what they will do with the EU?

My money is on that they will completely ignore it and start the EU over to build their own mythos around it.

I bet they leave the real SW movies as is and pretend everything else didn't happen.

Bioware should get in now to pitch the old republic movie :)

There's certainly the interest level and fan base to do both. A KOTOR based set of movies would allow them to have a complete freedom in terms of setting and script while still being star wars. The tie into this game makes it a worthwhile endeavor since it would boost awareness of the setting.

How do you know that Episode 7 can't be in the past like that?

Because to say it's Ep 7 is to say it follows the order of 1-6. 7 being next in sequence of the original SW saga.

If they were doing The Old Republic, it would likely be Episode 1 of a new saga. Like when the words first pop up on screen it prob wouldn't say "Star Wars", it'd prob say "Star Wars The Old Republic", Then Episode 1 and start a new saga from there.

That's the only thing way to do it that would make sense to me. When I see "Episode 7", I think Luke Skywalker and continuing the story after Episode 6 in the original saga. Which...I kinda wouldn't care about as much as I would an Old Republic saga.

I can't believe so many of you are against this. This is the best news I've heard in a decade.

No kidding. Disney has shown nothing but respect and support for its acquired franchises/companies (unlike another certain corporate power), and does everything it can to make sure their properties stay true to the original intent and mood, with a very high standard of quality - not only quality special effects, but narrative and character development, as well.

They haven't screwed over any other Pre-established Lore of any other thing they've done like the Marvel Film Series.

Well we shall see then what happens. Its not that I mind a new movie, but they really shouldn't be making one...I am more concerned with the EU being messed up in some way.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi