Subscribers have to use cartel coins to equip purple gear?

DarthTexas

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree it's an error since before mousing over it says 'full access' I think they just rushed when typing it up since it's the last one to get it finished. Kind of like when they posted about the cartel shop and how you can purchase 'XP boots'

Letting subscribers or people who have spent money on the game, play in warzones with purple gear(which effects bolster) is pay to win, when the free to play player is unable to equip purple mods/gear.

lol imagine if a f2p player was unable to equip WH or BM gear. i know it says 'some purple gear' and i doubt it'll be this way, but that's pay to win, no?

if purple gear had zero effect on bolster, then I would agree with you. but it does effect bolster. . .so subscribers have a clear advantage.

It would only be pay to win in a F2P model which this game isn't. The only things that are "free to play" is the class story and open world pvp. Everything else encourages you to part with money. If you seriously like the pvp and want to progress in that area then bioware want you to pay for that content. If you like the group stuff and want to do more flashpoints and operations then you have to pay to do so. Think of it like this, the gear license is like buying the box and the warzone pass is like your subscription.

Ridiculous. There should NEVER be restrictions on what gear players can use. If a player earns that gear, they should be able to use it. Subscription or not, a player should always be able to equip all levels of gear.

agreed.

All this model will serve to do is destroy the market for purple items on the GTN.

Yeah dif wording means dfferent things. Dont wanna assume to much.

I think at least all subscribers at the f2p transition should just get it for free.

I know complimentary coins is like that probably but its kind of a buzz kill to have to spend some on something we kinda already bought and paid for..

Edited by foxxecho

So a f2p player has to pay to get access to Operations, then pay to equip the gear they get? That's ridiculous. What about all the people that earned purple gear up to this point? Will they be naked if they switch to f2p? What about crafters? Can they make purple gear and sell it, but not equip it themselves? If you earn(ed) it you should be able to wear it.

Here's to hoping that's a typo. If not, you can kiss my acklay goodbye. I'm glad to continue throwing money for a subscription; but paying more to equip gear I earned...? That's a load of Sith. {See next page for update. It IS a typo.]

Regardless, however, this is pay 2 win. You have to pay to wear purple items, which make your stats (and thus you) better. Fail, EA. :(

Edited by justgladtobeme

OP should put an edit in the OP saying how its clearly a typo as seen in the other languages. Might stop the panic train. :D

^This.

From the French website:

Possibilité de s'équiper de tous les objets violets obtenus, à condition qu'ils respectent les conditions en jeu (classe, niveau, etc.).

Which roughly translates to:

Opportunity to equip all purple items obtained, provided they meet the conditions involved (class, level, etc.)..

Regardless, however, this is pay 2 win. You have to pay to wear purple items, which make your stats (and thus you) better. Fail, EA. :(

Allow me, please, to point out that this is NOT the definition of the most dreaded "Pay to Win".

Here, every subscriber will get better sats by playing the game and earning rewards.

"Pay to Win" is giving some players, including subscribers, upgrades on their stats if they pay more than their current subscription (or buy a lot of cartel points).

Freeloaders are given clear incentives to cash out at least a minimun of money if they want to stay competitive. But if they were given everything for free, there would be no incentive at all to stay subbed right? ;)

Edited by JonathanCP

Allow me, please, to point out that this is NOT the definition of the most dreaded "Pay to Win".

Here, every subscriber will get better sats by playing the game and earning rewards.

"Pay to Win" is giving some players, including subscribers, upgrades on their stats if they pay more than their current subscription (or buy a lot of cartel points).

Freeloaders are given clear incentives to cash out at least a minimun of money if they want to stay competitive. But if they were given everything for free, there would be no incentive at all to stay subbed right? ;)

I dont think you understood the statement you were replying to.

IF you have to pay REAL MONEY to equip a piece of purple gear than the game becomes pay to win as every time you get an upgrade, before you can ACTUALIZE those stats increases you have to PAY money.

I can't really make heads or tails of the wording of the Authorize/Licence in the pop-up info notes. The only meaning I get from this is that Subs will have to use cartel coins once to get authorization to equip most purps. While F2P have to keep renewing licences after a time to keep on wearing most purps but are unable to equip some at all... If this is true then its messed up. not to mention the bad english used to explain it to us.

If Im I sub I dont want to be messing with stupid coins to equip Items. I get enough of that crap from spending way too much time trying to earn RWZ comms for WH gear. BW better clear this up fast or explain better because from the looks of it They're about to loose my sub. There's not gonna be many founders left if this rolls out and its how I think its gonna be and no chance of keeping F2P people coming in either.

I doubt its an error....this would been checked by staff carefully before it was posted.

I wont be paying to equip purple items..so Bioware go figure!!!

CONFIRMED as an error!:)

Wellymace, don't worry - us subbed players won't have to a single cent to equip gear.

P.S: Trust me, the staff most certainly do NOT check things carefully before they post them. There have been a lot of mistakes in previous posts (heck some patches notes in 1.1.4 were changed because they were wrong).

CONFIRMED as an error!:)

Wellymace, don't worry - us subbed players won't have to a single cent to equip gear.

P.S: Trust me, the staff most certainly do NOT check things carefully before they post them. There have been a lot of mistakes in previous posts (heck some patches notes in 1.1.4 were changed because they were wrong).

yes, it was confirmed as an error, as the CS rep said in the thread i started above. thank god :D

That has to be an error. I hope.

WOW if thats not a error Im done!

I expect 100% of the game and its features for my monthly sub

Anything less is unacceptable!

If they try to microtransact me for money despite me having having a monthly sub .... Ill cancel on the spot

Not a threat

Not a ultimatum

Not a knee jerk reaction

Just the god honest truth!

They said in a previous time that Subscribers would NOT have to pay extra for features and new content and im holding them to it!

Makeb better be free to subscribers

ANY feature already existing in game or related (enhances) to any feature in game better be FREE OF COST to subscribers.

Ive been putting and removing purple items for a long time now and expect to continue to do so!

EA, let me make this clear to you

You get $15.00/month from me

I already downgraded from 6 month sub to monthly because I have no faith in you and will not bind myself to a 6 month term.

You ONLY get $15.00/month

Try to make it 1 cent more and you lose my $15.00/month

I have no issue with paying a couple dollars for a extra vault page but if you think $15.00 is the starting point of the charges, kiss this customer good bye for ever.

ALL TITLES

ALL COMPANIES

EVERYTHING gets the giant X that has anything to do with EA

So if thats not a typo about subscribers having to use cartel coins to add/remove purple items.

I really think you should take a step back and rethink your position!

Cause honestly, I dont see this going well for you.

Nickle and dime the F2P players all you want. No skin off my knees. They should subscribe if they want to play.

But when you start trying to nickle and dime me, a subscriber since launch

Its over and done forever.

Yep, whew, thanks for pointing that out

Greetings All,

This popup is actually incorrect and should say something along the lines of 'It is possible to equip all purple items you obtain depending on character class, level etc'

This will be rectified shortly.

Panic retracted :)

Edited by chuixupu

Yep, whew, thanks for pointing that out

Panic retracted :)

Eh. I'm still keeping my panic.

This is a pointless restriction for F2P players. They earned the loot, they should be able to equip and use it without restriction. No passes should be required at all.

Eh. I'm still keeping my panic.

This is a pointless restriction for F2P players. They earned the loot, they should be able to equip and use it without restriction. No passes should be required at all.

Do not agree. You do realise that they're playing for free right? Entitlement goes out the window when you're freeloading imo.

My 2 cartel coins :w_cool: