Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

I feel that if the whiners playing gunnery/arsenal would switch to Pyro/Assault, maybe you'd have a better time with the class. When I said that, a few haters came out and started talking smack. They wanted proof that I could do what I said I can do. I took on the only Guardian that said he would duel me. If my friends on the Imp side were still playing I would have asked them to duel also. But I am now recording a few wz's here and there and I will try to compile the 1v1's that I come across. Play with me if you're on the pub side in POT5 or challenge me. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, I'd fraps it and admit to it. But so far I haven't been proven wrong. Also, have you guys ever thought that just maybe, you haven't come across a really good commando? Not saying I'm the best, there is another pyro merc on pot5 that is better than me and beats me a lot of the times (can't remember name). It could work the same way, maybe everyone on pot5 are baddies and I haven't experienced "real" pvp. But I don't think anyone on pot5 would admit to that.

Many of the "whiners" have tried it. It's not really a significant improvement, though the upfront burst is pretty nice with only one cast needed if you wanna reset HiB. If you wanna say it's the best for 1v1 that's fine, but the game isn't built around 1v1 and for once that tired truism is actually applicable. As someone else said, pillar humping and running while spamming hammer shot does not a serious contributor make, nor does depending on being ignored. Would love to see those videos though (no sarcasm there btw. I'm frustrated with the class but I still want to grind out my war hero chest piece for the looks, so I'm going to have to make myself grind out at least another 1000 ranked comms).

I'm an objective player. 99% of the time it's all about objectives. I like my class and don't feel that I'm a hindrance to any wz pug I go into. In fact it's usually the opposite. If I don't mark healers, no one will... If I don't yell out to focus on one of the targets, healers just sit back and free cast

That's not a commando thing, that's a "not being a bad PVP player" thing. I love playing my commando too, but it's pretty much strictly PVE these days where I feel it can fully contribute. My shadow is, at this point, not only better geared, but able to contribute much more fully to success (though my commando will definitely pump out more DPS....if I'm left alone).

Keep in mind that if you wanna stick with the class, then I for one, and I'm sure several others will salute you. Keep at it dude. But this, and the threads like that, are to try and get BW to give the class the love it so desperately needs. It's insane how bad the class really is compared to many of the others in terms of, not just survivability, but utility as well. I'd say we're trying to offer good suggestions for improvement, but at this point it's clear those suggestions will just continue to fall on deaf ears, so yeah we're pretty much venting at this point.

You have to understand that you, like many others like you, are completely distracting from the point we're trying to make, and it's just never understandable to me.

We are still waiting, bioware. Are you gonna answer us anytime soon?

Answer to that riddle is no.

ok i REALLY do not see what peopel are crying about i love my merc in pvp levle 44 merc, i rotate from arsonal to bodyguard, and pyro depending if i wanan burn people heal or shove a roket in their face, and i NEVER have problems issueing any of my attacks even when i have two meele on me i can simply use jet boost, and put htem in their place, in ANY spec, its jsut people dont know how to use their abilties properly or when specificaly to use their immunities

LOL. k.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they fix this class, and im sure they will eventually, they need to do it right, and with gameplay in mind. MANY people on the forums are saying this:

1. "Give us our long range stun back!"

2. "Let rocket punch stun the enemy, or a knockback root!"

3. "Let Power Shot be instant cast for us; or give us a buff that makes it insta cast or 1/2 cast speed"

4. "Let us be uninterruptable while our blue bubble is active."

5. "Let Unload root the enemy, or slow them by 80% movement speed"

In my honest opinion, all the above are BAD IDEAS aside from maybe Powershot getting 1/2 cost and cast speed triggered from a buff. The rotation for this class is fine and our damage output is fine if no one attacks us. But we know that when melee attacks us the gameplay suddenly becomes 1/10; a complete joke. A MOBILITY ABILITY is needed for this class to fix this atrocious gameplay issue, and to make the class feel like its icons Bobba and Jango (whom we fell in love with from the movies). Afterall, we have bloody jetpacks on our backs, bring them to life!... Bioware/EA wouldn't have to tinker or change our current abilities, or give us a new CC ability (please no more cc in this game lol...) A jetpack disengage or gtaeo jetpack leap could alone fix this issue.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

When they fix this class, and im sure they will eventually, they need to do it right, and with gameplay in mind. MANY people on the forums are saying this:

1. "Give us our long range stun back!"

2. "Let rocket punch stun the enemy, or a knockback root!"

3. "Let Power Shot be instant cast for us; or give us a buff that makes it insta cast or 1/2 cast speed"

4. "Let us be uninterruptable while our blue bubble is active."

5. "Let Unload root the enemy, or slow them by 80% movement speed"

In my honest opinion, all the above are BAD IDEAS aside from maybe Powershot getting 1/2 cost and cast speed triggered from a buff. The rotation for this class is fine and our damage output is fine if no one attacks us. But we know that when melee attacks us the gameplay suddenly becomes 1/10; a complete joke. A MOBILITY ABILITY is needed for this class to fix this atrocious gameplay issue, and to make the class feel like its icons Bobba and Jango (whom we fell in love with from the movies). Afterall, we have bloody jetpacks on our backs, bring them to life!... Bioware/EA wouldn't have to tinker or change our current abilities, or give us a new CC ability (please no more cc in this game lol...) A jetpack disengage or gtaeo jetpack leap could alone fix this issue.

I dunno that a full disengage will really help with the vulnerability to interrupts. I keep suggesting a Hold the Line type ability, and while I focus on a leap/pull/INTERRUPT immunity, I think it should also come with a speed boost so it can serve as a disengage. The proposed uptime/cooldown (8s duration, 30s cooldown) would mean we'd have to use it tactically but not unduly punished for using it as a disengage or for using it as a "let me get my setup done" type ability. They could even use the jet pack graphic (similar to the rocket boots) for the mercs, because they should of course always look cooler than the pub side of things.

I think it certainly would work. They could make it where you select an enemy target and then disenage from it for 2 seconds, shooting it while you fly back into the air. Your shoots do good damage and root or slow the enemy for the duration as well. Something like this would truely make this class feel like a bounty hunter, and Commandos could get a tactical gorilla style sprint instead of jetpack for cosmetics. Something of that nature.

ok i REALLY do not see what peopel are crying about i love my merc in pvp levle 44 merc, i rotate from arsonal to bodyguard, and pyro depending if i wanan burn people heal or shove a roket in their face, and i NEVER have problems issueing any of my attacks even when i have two meele on me i can simply use jet boost, and put htem in their place, in ANY spec, its jsut people dont know how to use their abilties properly or when specificaly to use their immunities

Tell me you're a troll. Go watch some of Jherad / Zachariah's YouTube videos to see how the class is to be played at level fifty. I've personally played against him. At Valor 100, he may know a thing or two about the class and its unfortunate shortcomings. If you are playing against similarly leveled melee players and they allow you to freecast, they should shelve their class, they're simply awful. But don't worry, take your Merc to 50 and the AC's lack will become apparent in your first match. I can count on one hand the number of Mercs/Commandos on the Shadowlands that are scary, contrasted to the number of Juggs/Maras/PTs and their mirrors on the Pub side. Come back and let us know...

Commandos could get a tactical gorilla style sprint instead of jetpack for cosmetics. Something of that nature.

Or a dive-&-roll move - like a defensive version of 'Storm' except with an area target. It would be similar to how Gunslingers evade melee by rolling away into cover, except with a bit more control over direction and end-point location since it wouldn't be dependent on having cover-like map features nearby.

You know the fastest way for people to write you off as a troll is telling everyone to L2P. Especially when you are talking about the weakest PVP class in the game like it can steamroll Marauders. "oh they are easy to kill, you just have to heal afterwards." what a complete idoit.

Man, I've been rocking the Merc since Beta in PvP, and I know what to do and when to do it. Not my fault that you don't. That fight I listed was against an equal geared Sentinel in a WZ. My apologies for not describing the finer points of the fight. I was on a break at work. "Knockback immunity"??? Where? Never seen it on a Sentinel OR Marauder. Seriously, I NEVER said it was a "steamroll". In fact, I SAID it would be tricky to pull off. Who's the "idoit" now? Learn To Read.

The main complaint seems to be a need for another way to evade people, what do you think of this.

- Give the threat dump mercs have (i forget the name has a flare in it) the same temporary invisibility that force cloak has for marauders.

It would be a simple change that wouldn't change the PvE side of things at all (might actually be a buff there as well)

The main complaint seems to be a need for another way to evade people, what do you think of this.

- Give the threat dump mercs have (i forget the name has a flare in it) the same temporary invisibility that force cloak has for marauders.

It would be a simple change that wouldn't change the PvE side of things at all (might actually be a buff there as well)

They need to give us back the 50% snare. That nerf was truly uncalled for.

I've been following this thread for awhile. Over 400 responses. NO response from a Bioware rep. NONE. Does F2P and *gasp* mauraders/sents get responses? Yup. Go check their forums. They have gotten responses while we have not a single one. Conclusion: They don't give a **** about merc.

To tell the truth, Arsenal and Pyro don't need a Dps Boost AT ALL. We smash stuff. It is known. We need the slightest Mobilty increase. Will we get it?

400 posts without a single post from a bioware rep says No. We're screwed. Roll another class or deal with what u got. (sorry to be a debbie downer, but i'm not fooling myself anymore and nobody else should either.)

To tell the truth, Arsenal and Pyro don't need a Dps Boost AT ALL. We smash stuff. It is known. We need the slightest Mobilty increase. Will we get it?

Umm...yes we do need a damage buff. We have mediocre burst damage and sub par susstained compared to both warrior classes and Powertechs.

PTs have the exact same survivability we do (maybe a little less because of no Knockback). The only reason they do so well is because when anything gets close they explode in fire.

I've been following this thread for awhile. Over 400 responses. NO response from a Bioware rep. NONE. Does F2P and *gasp* mauraders/sents get responses? Yup. Go check their forums. They have gotten responses while we have not a single one. Conclusion: They don't give a **** about merc.

400 posts without a single post from a bioware rep says No. We're screwed. Roll another class or deal with what u got. (sorry to be a debbie downer, but i'm not fooling myself anymore and nobody else should either.)

I bet one dev that actually plays the game rolled a commando/merc. And he is actually good with it and roflstomp his keyboard turning colleagues when they do the occasional testing. I can't see any other reason for why they felt they had to nerf merc and commando with 1.4.

I bet one dev that actually plays the game rolled a commando/merc. And he is actually good with it and roflstomp his keyboard turning colleagues when they do the occasional testing. I can't see any other reason for why they felt they had to nerf merc and commando with 1.4.

Rofl! This has to be true! It has to be!!

I'm not sure of the thought of 'evading' attackers- it just feels wrong in the sense of concept for a class that wears heavy plate armour as a sacrifice to its mobility. Instead, how about something that is a unique defensive ability that plays on the tenacity of the class' 'tough enough to take it' concept-

Ablative recoil/Thermal scald: The commando/merc activates their armour's internal defensive shielding to reflect the most ferocious attacks. 90% of all damage intended for the commando/merc while these abilities are active is re-directed back at his/her attacker. The shielding lasts 4 seconds and has a 1 minute cool down.

This would force those attacking the commando/merc to pay attention rather than just smashing through their abilities without concern and be a unique defensive ability that follows the 'I wear heavy plate, I dare you to hit me!' concept of the classes.

HaHAAHAHa lowbies dont count. Especially when you're level 44 and most likely going against level 10s-30s.

Hit 50, and go queue for warzones. Then come back and post.

yes because everything in this gave revolves aorund that ****of a pvp braket

i gave up on the 50 braket a long time ago when my sorc hit 50 and when my assasin hit 50

I'm not sure of the thought of 'evading' attackers- it just feels wrong in the sense of concept for a class that wears heavy plate armour as a sacrifice to its mobility. Instead, how about something that is a unique defensive ability that plays on the tenacity of the class' 'tough enough to take it' concept-

Ablative recoil/Thermal scald: The commando/merc activates their armour's internal defensive shielding to reflect the most ferocious attacks. 90% of all damage intended for the commando/merc while these abilities are active is re-directed back at his/her attacker. The shielding lasts 4 seconds and has a 1 minute cool down.

This would force those attacking the commando/merc to pay attention rather than just smashing through their abilities without concern and be a unique defensive ability that follows the 'I wear heavy plate, I dare you to hit me!' concept of the classes.

The idea for some sort of PVP utility be added to distraction was brought up on the commando forums. My suggestion was that since the graphic is supposed to put up a bunch of holographic images that you get a buff with 4-6 charges. You then take 1/number of charges the damage you would normally take (so if you had 6 charges you'd take 1/6th the damage as an example). You would either lose 1 charge a second, or lose a charge everytime you get hit (whichever is better for balance. Maybe you can't lose a charge more than once a second, but otherwise lose one everytime you get hit. Whichever.) You would possibly be able to spec into more charges.

Similar ideas could be implemented for other classes' threat drops, so they have utility in PVP just like the sentinels does (and guardian too I think. Not sure, but doesn't their threat drop come with some healing or a DR buff? Too lazy to look it up at the moment).

Another suggestion could be to have Chaff Flare / Diversion make you become unselectable for a short duration, maybe 2 or 3 seconds, and thus also cancel any ability being cast at you, similar to hunter's Feign Death in WoW. You could still be damaged by AoE but would provide the perfect defense/escape tool when you know a heavy hitter is coming and your other escape tools are on cooldown.

Another suggestion could be to have Chaff Flare / Diversion make you become unselectable for a short duration, maybe 2 or 3 seconds, and thus also cancel any ability being cast at you, similar to hunter's Feign Death in WoW. You could still be damaged by AoE but would provide the perfect defense/escape tool when you know a heavy hitter is coming and your other escape tools are on cooldown.

That doesnt really synergize with the class imo. I think we are due for a really good defensive cooldown.

i DO LOVE THIS.. 43 pages and over 400 comments and BW does not come in at all..

Yet ask a question about F2P and get an answer in the first day.

DPS Mercs/Commandos have been in a sad state since January, when melee actually began figuring out their classes. I don't know why BW's silence is surprising to people anymore.