Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE:rak_01:

But, it was never dead! This thread and topic have persisted through the times! AMAZING.

Hey BW, check this thread out. Please. Consider giving healing mercs an anti-focus type ability to make them more viable in ranked or 4v4s...

And, give the entire merc class a little better survivability. In general, their defensives need to be slightly improved still.

On a side note, overhaul IO/AS merc dps, the ramp-up time for it's abilities is too high, the dots don't hit hard enough, and the dot-spread is way too complex and ineffective!

Their power management is absurd too, they run out of power after targeting two enemies it's ridiculous.

FIX IO/AS MERCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a totally unplayable spec in PVP. NO ONE PLAYS IO/AS IN PVP!!!!! There's a reason for that...

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, it was never dead! This thread and topic have persisted through the times! AMAZING.

Hey BW, check this thread out. Please. Consider giving healing mercs an anti-focus type ability to make them more viable in ranked or 4v4s...

And, give the entire merc class a little better survivability. In general, their defensives need to be slightly improved still.

On a side note, overhaul IO/AS merc dps, the ramp-up time for it's abilities is too high, the dots don't hit hard enough, and the dot-spread is way too complex and ineffective!

Their power management is absurd too, they run out of power after targeting two enemies it's ridiculous.

FIX IO/AS MERCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a totally unplayable spec in PVP. NO ONE PLAYS IO/AS IN PVP!!!!! There's a reason for that...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I tried pvp in an i/o merc with full basic pvp gear and fully augmented. It was a drastically worse performance than arsenal spec. Moved all the gear over to my AP PT, would recommend others do the same. In 4 v 4's the I/O merc does far worse than even a sniper.

Here's the fix: Get rid of it's cast times as it was intended for throwing up dots on the move.

Yep, Merc was my very first character in the game and I have been underwhelmed by the class since then. It was pretty decent in 3.0 but heals is pretty crappy. Koltooverload is bad even if it had a minute cooldown. Compared to barrier (Which has 3 mins like Kolto) Its not even comparable.