Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

PS.....and i think most would agree....Just give the reward to everyone....it was your stupid mistake opening a thousand servers at once, i think everyone who had to deal with your mistakes should be rewarded. end of story....we are paying you to give us the best experience possible and i havent seen it yet.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Origin servers (or the vast majority of them) are not listed as qualifying for rewards. Only 12 NA servers qualify for example.

Its not, I guess you also failed to read the announcement.

And they also say that people on the qualifying servers get the reward even if they are already there (whether they transferred or not). The qualification is being on a listed server on the cut off date, not solely transferring before the cut off date

LOL! You guys are masters of taking conversations out of context.

I was responding to someone else... hence the quote. I know what I am talking about and that should have been clear by the end of the post.

"Act now" is a marketing ploy they used and I was just pointing that out. Obviously you don't have to transfer the exact moment you read the notice.

The fact I followed it up with two more responses explaining further detail should have been another clue I'm on track and am trying to help others (including BioWare) understand the misunderstanding.

Please pay attention.

Edited by InnerPieces

no reward is worth this....

I absolutely will not give up game time waiting to Que for server access... anyone else notice that all of those server are running at either very Heavy, or Full most of the time. I for one am never going switching to a server where that is the case.

Did anyone else not get anything?

Yes, EVERYONE else didn't get anything, because they're not counting qualified characters until 31 July and they're not distributing the rewards until 7 August.

Did anyone else not read the announcement? :D

What about those of us who've already taken the transfers?

If you read:

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit http://www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

It clearly applies to those that have already transferred. As far as anyone lower than 50, of course they will get the BHCs. They cant use them until they are the appropriate level. So they will have to knock the dust off when they do get to 50.....

I was responding to someone else... hence the quote. I know what I am talking about and that should have been clear by the end of the post.

"Act now" is a marketing ploy they used and I was just pointing that out. Obviously you don't have to transfer the exact moment you read the notice.

The fact I followed it up with two more responses explaining further detail should have been another clue I'm on track and am trying to help others (including BioWare) understand the misunderstanding.

Please pay attention.

I paid attention..... :(

Let me start off by saying I have always been on Jung Ma, so I am one one of the destination servers. If what people are saying is true, that means i will receive these rewards as well, so I'm not complaining because I won't get them.

However, I do feel as though this is VERY unfair towards people who do not qualify for the rewards. Those people were just lucky enough to pick the right server to begin with, and shouldn't have to stand by and watch the others get rewarded for transferring. I'd be less opposed to this if it were just the pet (though I'd be kinda irked that people got something I have no way of getting for doing nothing), but if I were them I'd be upset to see them get 25 black hole coms out of the blue.

The way I see it, is if this is a reward for the communities support, I think it would be fair if everyone on every server were to receive this reward. To be honest, it seems more like a bribe to move the remaining more stubborn people off the close to empty servers.

I can just see people getting upset over this, and for once, I think it would be valid.

No, you were responding to me and your reply was full of errors.

The response to the Free Character Transfer Service so far has been fantastic. Hundreds of thousands of players have already taken advantage of this free service to move their characters to new servers where it’s easier to find groups and play with friends. This initial service is still available and allows qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers.

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

Read More

SOOOOOOOO, I transferred the day they told me I qualified for the free transfer. But I didn't get anything. It this a ploy to get the hold outs to transfer and those of us who did it right away don't get anything?

To be honest, it seems more like a bribe to move the remaining more stubborn people off the close to empty servers.

That is exactly what it is.

Greetings InnerPieces,

Your character(s) is still available for our Free Character Transfer Service. Take advantage of this free service now, and you will receive the Gannifari, an exclusive in-game pet, as well as 25 Black Hole commendations for purchasing high level gear. These rewards are only available when you transfer to a pre-selected server or if you're on a qualifying server and have an active account by July 30, 2012, 11:59PM CDT / July 31, 2012, 4:59AM GMT. For more information, please visit our Transfer page or contact Customer Service.

They are clearly marketing it to those who have not transferred as a reason to transfer. There is nothing wrong with that at all. It's only amusing they are also passing it off as a "reward" and not an "incentive." In many cases, it can be argued as simple semantics. I am one of the few, however, who think words actually mean something and are chosen carefully to imply a specific message (i.e., spin). Like using the word "players" in reference to us rather than "customers". Again, there is nothing really wrong with this promotion. I think there are many among us, however, who see it as a veiled attempt to placate us another month rather than opening up the server transfers between destination servers like we have been waiting for. That's the problem from my perspective. Fluff items do not equal playability in my opinion. We don't want fluff. We want to play "the Star Wars fantasy" as we choose (within reason, of course).

(forgive me if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread)

Maybe I'm just reading into things here, but it kind of seems to me like there's an unwritten message of "You can voluntarily transfer now and get all this cool stuff, of you can involuntarily transfer later when we start closing all the servers that barely reach double-digit populations, and not get anything for it but a swift kick in the pants."

(forgive me if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread)

Maybe I'm just reading into things here, but it kind of seems to me like there's an unwritten message of "You can voluntarily transfer now and get all this cool stuff, of you can involuntarily transfer later when we start closing all the servers that barely reach double-digit populations, and not get anything for it but a swift kick in the pants."

That sounds about right actually. The thing is they are dangeling a special pet and some comms infront of people who arent moving because of things like our names in witch the pets and comms are irrelivent.

Yes, EVERYONE else didn't get anything, because they're not counting qualified characters until 31 July and they're not distributing the rewards until 7 August.

Did anyone else not read the announcement? :D

No need to be condenscending.

I read it as everyone who transfers will get these items as long as you have an active subscription that extends beyond July 31st. They said your account must be active BY July 30, 2012, so it shouldn't be odd that I interpreted it the way I did. It doesn't say you get the items ON the 30th.

I can understand the cost savings that will result in shutting down unnecessary servers. I don't mind having to move and even possibly having to change my names. I don't PvP. I play with a group of friends and don't have problems with filling a group when I need one. What I do have a problem with is being forced to move to a server that shows "full" population. When I want to play, I want to play. I don't want to wait 10 minutes to login. I don't want to fight thousands of other players for resources, mobs, or anything else that isn't behind a green doorway. Playing with my handful of friends alone on a server won't cause me to quit, but forcing me onto a server where I can't play certainly might.

I can understand the cost savings that will result in shutting down unnecessary servers. I don't mind having to move and even possibly having to change my names. I don't PvP. I play with a group of friends and don't have problems with filling a group when I need one. What I do have a problem with is being forced to move to a server that shows "full" population. When I want to play, I want to play. I don't want to wait 10 minutes to login. I don't want to fight thousands of other players for resources, mobs, or anything else that isn't behind a green doorway. Playing with my handful of friends alone on a server won't cause me to quit, but forcing me onto a server where I can't play certainly might.

"Full" does not mean you have to wait to log in. It is only when you see "Queue...." that you will have to wait.

Nor will you have to continually compete with players for mobs or resources because planets are instanced just as Fleet is. I have just finished getting mu trooper from 35-50 on Nightmare Lands which is Heavy/Full and I never had such problems.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Nor will you have to continually compete with players for mobs or resources because planets are instanced just as Fleet is.

Well, that's wonderful for you! I only wish you saying it made it true. There can be 50 instances of a planet, but if each instance has 20-30 people on it all trying to do the same thing, you have competition (just an example... put down the pitchforks folks). That competition may not be "constant," but it can go on for hours and can be game-breaking for those of us who do not live in-game... as it has for me tonight... again...

Keep in mind, just because you don't experience the same issues as some of us it doesn't mean we are lying or our issues do not exist.

(I only say "our" because it seems as though I experience similar issues to many others)

Edited by InnerPieces

I was just looking into this but it looks like the only server I can get a free transfer to is "The Harbinger", which is frequently full enough that you have to wait in a queue... So... no thanks, I'll wait until I can transfer to a less populated server. I would rather play on a deserted server that have to wait in a queue every time I play.

"Full" does not mean you have to wait to log in. It is only when you see "Queue...." that you will have to wait.

Nor will you have to continually compete with players for mobs or resources because planets are instanced just as Fleet is. I have just finished getting mu trooper from 35-50 on Nightmare Lands which is Heavy/Full and I never had such problems.

The leveling areas are not nearly as bad as say the dailies. Belsavis, Black Hole and Ilum are notoriously bad with high populations, and when another instance isn't formed until there are at least 10-20 players per daily area then yes it is worth complaining about. I now spend almost half as much time waiting for respawns just so I can finish each daily.

The leveling areas are not nearly as bad as say the dailies. Belsavis, Black Hole and Ilum are notoriously bad with high populations, and when another instance isn't formed until there are at least 10-20 players per daily area then yes it is worth complaining about. I now spend almost half as much time waiting for respawns just so I can finish each daily.

i suppose thats the plus side to being on a dead server huh? no fighting for dailys

I know that full does not equate to a wait queue. The whole reason I have toons on one of the doomed servers is because the server that my friends had chosen pre-launch had 30 minute or more queues opening day. Instances are great unless they put hard caps on them and I can't team up with my friends. 50 players on a planet are more than enough to have the ninjas that steal the chest, resource or quest item while you fight the trash that protects it. Leaving you out of luck or waiting for a respawn. If you keep sending more players to full servers, there will eventually be a queue.

Before free transfers were a reality, I used to hit BH for dailies about 5. There would be anywhere from 5 to 15 other players there. When it was 5, it was ok. When it got to 15, it started to suck. Of course, now that transfers are going, I'm usually the only one there.

I counted "light" PVE east coast servers last night after my first post here. There were 40 of them. I have no clue what the numbers are for light, standard, heavy and full, but you would think that they could pick 5, 6, or whatever number works of the light servers and say "these stay, the rest of you guys pick where you want to transfer out of the ones that stay."

I know a lot of our guild takes the summer off from gaming (seems they have a real life). They did it for WoW and they did it again for Swtor. What's going to happen when they come back?

To me the game will get more players at this stage by referrals and those referrals will want to play with whomever talked them into it. Why would you want to fill your servers if you want more players. I would think heavy would be ample to let people group and still give room to add later.

What about those who have created characters on the destination servers just recently without hearing of the promo before hand?

Anyone and everyone on the Destination servers will get their puppy treat as long as the character(s) in question were created before July 31.