The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, guess they are done for the night and so am I following these forums.

This was a big NA transferserverday, lets see equal EU transferday tomorrow.

I really wish they would brush up on their communication skills, they earn so much goodwill by responding and interacting with the players during times like these.

Not quite yet they still have 45 mins before closing time right? Would be nice though if SOMEONE WOULD POST IF THEY ARE DONE FOR THE DAY OR NOT SO WE COULD STOP WAITING AND REFRESHING AND GETTING MORE AGGRIVATED!

8 German PvE (6 already transferred to one server)

3 RP-PvP(one for each supported language)

3 English PvP (17 already transferred to one server)

10 English PvE (9 already transferred to one server)

Damn the breakdown is rough really =(

Workaround is to make a temp char in that last slot, login with it, then delete it. Last toon should be able to be transferred then. See mods? I can play nice in the sandbox! :D

This worked both for me and a friend with the same issue. Thank you!

What I don't understand is how they can choose servers that are known to have HIGHER pops than ours (Vornskr) to transfer, while letting us just pick our nose.

Looks like they didn't really choose ANY westcoast servers today. Bias much BW?

A couple of questions

So our guild has a rather large guild bank being a issue....But that is not the primary concern

We also have upwards of 30-40 people not active many due to military service and others that are not active in the summer due to family ect. So transferring for us would cause the group to be split easily leaving many behind. So will there be help for us and server population coming soon? As splitting the guild player base up do to the above reasons would probably result in many not returning and those that left less likely to hang around with half our friends on another server. Given many are casual players with numerous characters a paid transfer later would probably be costly with numerous characters.

Some info for us and a small piece of mind would be great

Thanks

What I don't understand is how they can choose servers that are known to have HIGHER pops than ours (Vornskr) to transfer, while letting us just pick our nose.

Yeah, that's it... they're out to get you. They can't stand the west coast.

Hey bioware please give us updated information on whether or not there will be more transfers today. I'd like a little customer service here instead of the customer dis-service I've been receiving from you guys in game and other places.

Thanks BW. All settled on P5 and couldn't be a happier customer. Everything was smooth as could possibly be imagined. Your hard work in making this a reality is appreciated by a lot that don't post here. Edited by Tormm

So I'm not the only vornskr regularly checking to see if my server is ready to transfer eh? Id bet 10 credits that ours is one of the last 15 called. if for no other reason than that it starts with a 'V'.

Hey bioware please give us updated information on whether or not there will be more transfers today. I'd like a little customer service here instead of the customer dis-service I've been receiving from you guys in game and other places.

Joveth's Twitter says yes.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

I don't understand what Bioware was thinking today, Prophecy got designated as a destination server today, and I am dumb founded. They are barely beating Anchorhead, when we haven't even gotten any transfers?

I looked at the last 24 hours and also the past 30 days, they have both been flat for the past 30 days. I really hope that someone starts thinking over there, and at the very least starts sending the rest of us US PVPers to Prophecy.

The issue is that by drizzling servers onto a few servers, they fill up those.

That leaves the remainder in a state where even combining them very possible will not make up a full server leaving those people 'behind' in the same situation they were before.

Especially when they before hand have the metrics which should allow them to calculate these things thus rendering their 'monitoring situation' kinda moot.

Secondly - the issue is lack of information. People not yet targeted have no idea whether they will be or not.

And you might feel willing to wait the extra day for something you don't know will happen, but how about two days, three, four .... next week maybe? That couple with the communication strategy leaves the impression Bioware don't know either. Plus with a weekend coming up fast and transfers not happened yet; will it be possible to play this weekend at all? Or will we still be stuck on our currently lowly populated servers with nothing to do? Do Bioware expect us to keep paying for that?

People have waited for transfers for a very long time. A feature that arguable should have been included as a maintenance tool from launch. And then when it comes they're hit with 'ready, steady ... wait'. Sorry, but that's pretty lousy no matter how anybody tries to spin it.

Thirdly - people's subscription is running out while they're waiting for Bioware to do something. People's who's continued subscription might depend on whether they can move to a new server or not; and how much fun they'll have on the new server.

This is not a matter of 'but they have to avoid queues'. It's a matter of that they could easily have calculated this (and if not easily - there's something very wrong with their metric gathering) and laid out a plan and announced much more concretely than they do.

^^alot of this I agree with.

Not only have I been a server engineer for about 30 years, but I have been playing MMO's since the early 2000's. Kind of late in on that scene I know, but in my experience, Xandax has hit some of this on the head.

If you didn't have the ability to take server metrix on population from day 1, then you guys surely were not prepared to run an MMO. You should have all the metrix you need to make a determination of what the destination servers would be when you started this process, and the fact that your community person claims to not know anything just smacks of poor communication in your own company. Do we neccessarily have the right to know all that information up front? Not really. Should you try to calm your population down by providing some of that before you get a spate of rage unsubs? Probably some of it.

Good luck on getting an accurate count on active players on Space Slug. Everyone one is waiting to see if we are a destination or origin server. This morning there was only 2 people on the Imp fleet, and what looked like less than 50 people total on the entire server, (info from a guild mate, we play more than this MMO, as do plenty of other guilds), and it may stay really low until we know more info from BW. No one from my guild will be loggin in for a couple of days, most of them work together at a foundry and do not login on work days. We do operations from Sunday-Tuesday.

So, IMHO, moving slow at this point of the process because you would like to monitor the server pops now before you move anyone else is kind of back asswards, don't you think?