Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I disagree. The remaining 3 will be enough to start a second healthy server going. The three combined can reach around 200-300 active during peak on each side and we have room for expansion. Not everyone wants to go to ToFN.

Sorry, you're wrong.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say the next euro english pve transfers don't go to The Red Eclipse , then what will happen if i choose not to transfer.

(because i want my bao-dur 50's to join my re-rolled toons on red eclipse)

Will there be a later free transfer option for those left behind to one of the remaining eligable servers ?

I can do flashpoints, heroics and operations on my own? Since when?

You can go do dailies or whatever it is you pve'ers do. You rolled on a pve server for what reason? you must not like pvp. Well us people who do nothing but pvp need que's to do anything. I could care less about FP's or dailies.

Edited by mitigated

Because the servers are currently capable of reaching 40/50 people on during peak times at fleet and many more or unsubscribbed awaiting transfers and Ranked Warzones.

Yes and alot more ppl will resub when D3 hype die , tell that to EA maybe you get a job lol

Because the servers are currently capable of reaching 40/50 people on during peak times at fleet and many more or unsubscribbed awaiting transfers and Ranked Warzones.

So you're guessing on how many return? And how many of those '40/50' people will remain even if not transferred to a healthy server?

That was a pretty fast switch from many of your other posts calling BS on everything BW says, to trying to use their words to defend yourself. Seems odd that the only time you seem to believe them is when it defends you.

Show me one place where I ever said bioware was lying about anything. Give me a break it says right in the faq once they link two servers you will be given ample warning. What you are worried about cannot happen. What I am "calling BS" on is the fact they cannot tell us what the plan is.

As one of the last player in EU To Be Transfered, player from one of 3 servers not yet transfered to Tomb, I feel abandoned by BioWare. No info when, no transfer available now. Even transfer isn't sure, as maybe they will do something un smart, and merge 3 low server into one low server, standing not afar from Heavy Tomb. This makes me feel insecure of my char future. I feel Abandoned by BioWare.

Theyre decision to merge them to Tomb should be simple, those are only 3 left, so whats the problem? I'm sad and angry.

:(:(:(

can we please get some bit of info whether or not they'll be more transfers today?

I want to know that aswell, I am very tired trying to follow this charade on the forums.

My guess is that many others are too.

Please update if you will post something about a EU update for today or tell us to wait for the next day.

Edited by Icestar

I have not seen this asked yet: Will people who re-rolled on a server like Fatman, but who now cannot transfer their mains there due to it not being their destination server, be able to transfer them there maybe in Phase 2? It's not like it would be a population increase, as they are already there. This should have been an option - something like: if you had a character on that server as of a certain date, you'd be eligible to transfer your other characters there.

Not asking for me really, as I've unsubbed and my time runs out in July. I was waiting to see if I'd be able to move from PVP > PVE before resubbing and it's not looking likely. But most of the friends I knew who played and unsubbed were waiting for the above (reunite their chars on Fatman) to resub and play again. 90% of our guild from Sword of Ajunta Pall did this, and we were not the only ones.

From everything I've seen the free transfers are simply to cut down on the excess number of servers and get a player base going again. Then, when they've finished this, Bioware is talking of having a toon transfer to whichever server you want, even across PVP, PVE, RP and so on. They keep going back and forth on if you'll pay for it though, so no solid news on that. My guess is that they'll announce it for patch 1.3.

I wonder how many people have rage quit over such actions from Bioware in the past. And rage quitters rarely come back.

If this monitoring was essential for the success of the transfers then you should have done it in phases instead of trying to get it all done at ones and then let a quarter of the empty servers sit idle until you can decide what to do with it not giving them any information on possible transfer..

Is it that difficult:

12th of June we do this : A , B, C and D can move to X,

19th of June we do this:

No Bioware prefer to hold carrots in front ot the people and keep running with it. Well people don't take it that well.

How many people are all the time refreshing the transfer page. Oh only US today, why not EU , we woke up earlier, yep that is how it goes. Any marketing person would understand this is simply bad for business.

And what you loose does not come back .... another one bite the dust ....

Edited by pieteral

You can go do dailies or whatever it is you pve'ers do. You rolled on a pve server for what reason? you must not like pvp. Well us people who do nothing but pvp need que's to do anything. I could care less about FP's or dailies.

I didnt roll on a pve server to sit by myself in fleet thats for sure. Also who says I dont like pvp? I would love to do some warzones but unfortunately during the daytime hours when I can play the place is deserted. Most times I am the only lvl 50 online on the whole server at like noon - 1 oclock.

Not true, there's just times when some of us don't wanna be interrupted by it. If it's not your way, no problem. :D

Lets say the next euro english pve transfers don't go to The Red Eclipse , then what will happen if i choose not to transfer.

(because i want my bao-dur 50's to join my re-rolled toons on red eclipse)

Will there be a later free transfer option for those left behind to one of the remaining eligable servers ?

I don't think so. i think you will need to use the paid transfer service

This post is unbelievably ignorant. People don't roll on PVP servers for warzones - they roll on PVP servers for the environmental PVP factor. The type of server you're on has nothing to do with warzones.

This post is unbelievably ignorant. People don't roll on PVP servers for warzones - they roll on PVP servers for the environmental PVP factor. The type of server you're on has nothing to do with warzones.

Agreed good post

I read it nowhere does it say all servers will be a destination or origin.

This is direct from the FAQ, whose link is in the main article.

The initial Character Transfer Service will be available starting from June 12, 2012 after our regular scheduled server maintenance. The service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at http://www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations.

Please, no more to The Red Eclipse, we are on the breaking point.

We are right now at Very Heavy, and about 30 people i use to play with, cant log in, including my self.

This was before i restarted my game to get sound back.

That will just be in some days or weeks. In a short while it will level out.

This is direct from the FAQ, whose link is in the main article.

The initial Character Transfer Service will be available starting from June 12, 2012 after our regular scheduled server maintenance. The service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at http://www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations.

Eligible servers =/= all servers. Its in reference to all underpopulated servers.

You can do PVE on your own. When our PVP que doesnt pop we cant do anything.

Don't assume that just because we are on a PVE server, that we don't PVP - just as I wouldn't assume people on PVP servers don't do any Ops/FPs. There are a ton of dedicated PVPers on my PVE server (Sith Meditation Sphere), myself included. You can only do so many Ops/FPs, PVP fills in the rest of the time and is actually a prime choice of activity all the time anyway. Speaking for myself, I rolled on a PVP server simply because I just didn't want to get ganked while doing dailies or routine questing. :rolleyes:

You know whats funny about all this? Every now and then we get a post from some mod saying how they want to keep us informed and communicate with us...yet they never give us anything substantial. Its always 'hope' 'plan' 'in the future' etc. They never give us a yes or no until the end of the day and thats only to tell us when they are actually done for the day. It would be nice if they would have just said We plan on these 6 servers as our main destination servers but if numbers tell us otherwise we will add another server to that list...at least tell us where we are going to end up! We get it you want to balance pops thats great...but bioware you could have been a lot more helpful during this painful process. Stop acting like this is a state of war and you are guarding every secret ever no matter how lame or important it is! INFORM US WITH ACTUAL INFORMATION INSTEAD OF EMPTY PROMISES AND HOT AIR!

Eligible servers =/= all servers. Its in reference to all underpopulated servers.

But they have already transferred numerous servers that were not underpopulated - therefore it stands to reason that these transfers should affect all servers (except the European RP ones).

Sorry, you're wrong.

If you think the game can only support 1 EU English PvP Server then you are being very short sighted and not looking at the upcoming 1.3 brining ranked warzones and LFG which people have been demanding since day 1. Not to mention the first expansion. People do return and join games for these features alone.

Yes and alot more ppl will resub when D3 hype die , tell that to EA maybe you get a job lol

The Diablo hype is already dying. Perhaps you should go read their official forums, or other PC game related forums, maybe even look into the class action lawsuit being held in Korea regarding the game.

So you're guessing on how many return? And how many of those '40/50' people will remain even if not transferred to a healthy server?

A server population with 200-300 people online during peak is considered healthy. How many more people do you need to do warzones and flashpoints?!