Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. The remaining 3 will be enough to start a second healthy server going. The three combined can reach around 200-300 active during peak on each side and we have room for expansion. Not everyone wants to go to ToFN.

Legion of letow was healty when i rerolled from kai-kan with 200+ on fleet now is kinda empty and to be honest if i dont get on TOFN i will not resub , i dont care if i have to que i just want to have all my damn toons on the same server.

PLEASE go read the article on the front page. They have said time and again all servers will be either destination or origin. The Only exception is EU RP.

I read it nowhere does it say all servers will be a destination or origin.

At this stage, I am hoping that Shadow Lands becomes a destination but not suffer from queue times. I have limited time to play and waiting for 30 minutes would eat that time. We have a vibrant community on Shadow Lands, so I have not experienced what a lot of folks have had on dead servers with the single exception of just after D3 arrived; however, our pop has recovered since then.

Just have to wait and see, I guess, but some more info would be nice.

I agree that they seem to have not thought the transfers through:

(EU PvP perspective, Legions of Lettow, Bassilisk Droid, Bloodworthy - LoL server)

First you allow 99% to transfer to the most populated servers (Clearly a "Fanservice"):

Then you realise those few somewhat healthy servers would probably be a bit too much to transfer there too.

Now you have 1 MEGA server, and few healthy sized ones. You can merge those few healthy ones, but they'll never be the MEGA server. As a result people will leave the second server to join the MEGA server. First go the unguilded/casual players. Following them are the PvPers (queues) and lastly the Raiders (Guilds too small).

You now have shifted your problem from the low populated ones to the second healthiest servers.

Not to mention new players will also start on the higher populated server.

Bad gameplan, bad gameplan... That's like expecting the dutchies to beat the germans at football... impossibru.

All BW can do now is force the remaining few %'s to the higher population server or lose (again) subs just due to other player activity (network effect in economic terms).

Which causes the BIG concern in the players of these servers: Why haven't they then allowed this yet ?

Why do they need to monitor ? Unless they're actually considering to make a second server.

If they're seriously considering making a second grade server with the remaining servers = they've just become the new 'low' populated servers

Edited by Greenthy

I disagree. The remaining 3 will be enough to start a second healthy server going. The three combined can reach around 200-300 active during peak on each side and we have room for expansion. Not everyone wants to go to ToFN.

Where does your numbers stem from? How do you know the remaining servers population if merged wouldn't just leave people in the very same situation they are now - just on another server?

Legion of letow was healty when i rerolled from kai-kan with 200+ on fleet now is kinda empty and to be honest if i dont get on TOFN i will not resub , i dont care if i have to que i just want to have all my damn toons on the same server.

Or is it that you would then not be able to transfer your alts from Lettow to ToFN along with the alts from Kai-Kan?

ToFN is full, there are currently 17 servers transfering there and we haven't even hit the weekend yet when more people are capable of transfering.

Lots of accounts have been inactive/unsubscribed whilst waiting for the transfering to take place. Another destination server is needed. We can't all fit on 1 PvP server, not with the current population caps etc.

I agree that they seem to have not thought the transfers through:

(EU PvP perspective, Legions of Lettow, Bassilisk Droid, Bloodworthy - LoL server)

First you allow 99% to transfer to the most populated servers (Clearly a "Fanservice"):

Then you realise those few somewhat healthy servers would probably be a bit too much to transfer there too.

Now you have 1 MEGA server, and few healthy sized ones. You can merge those few healthy ones, but they'll never be the MEGA server. As a result people will leave the second server to join the MEGA server. First go the unguilded/casual players. Following them are the PvPers (queues) and lastly the Raiders (Guilds too small).

You now have shifted your problem from the low populated ones to the second healthiest servers.

Not to mention new players will also start on the higher populated server.

Bad gameplan, bad gameplan... That's like expecting the dutchies to beat the germans at football... impossibru.

All BW can do now is force the remaining few %'s to the higher population server or lose (again) subs just due to other player activity (network effect in economic terms).

Which causes the BIG concern in the players of these servers: Why haven't they then allowed this yet ?

If they're seriously considering making a second grade server with the remaining servers = they've just become the new 'low' populated servers

Indeed.

Three toughest bosses in this game

LFG - we all have spent hours wiping on this one.

Transfer - on some servers this is way over-tuned and very hard to beat even on story mode.

Queue (mini boss) - see above; if you have good luck with transfer, your group is gonna wipe on him, mark my words.

Edited by konstan

Nah I'm cool. They told us it'd be gradual, I assumed it'd be a week or two. If its done Monday that'll be faster than I originally thought. Id rather them do it right than fast. They aren't ignoring us, someone has to be first, someone has to be last, thats life.

Sums it up for me, too.

I don't understand the complaints here. The transfers have been stunningly smooth. Rolling out the servers gradually seems like an absolute must. No matter how many active players a server had, they had no way of knowing who would take the transfer, and how soon they'd take the transfer. I'm not wild about being on a big server, but Bioware has done a great job with this so far. It just goes to show that people will whine about *anything.*

I read it nowhere does it say all servers will be a destination or origin.

It does, kinda. For example, Endless Buffet will only be able to go to The Fatman (see what I did there?) and not vice-versa. So in essence, all servers will be either an Origin or a Destination, with only one route of flow between them. A Destination can have multiple Origins coming into it, but no Origin will have multiple Destinations. The exception being the EU RP-PvP crowd, cuz there's like 6 of those players anyways, let em go wherever. :p

Calm down, that last part was HUMOR!!!

How about the 21 EST-PVE that need xfers as well?

Wow I thought it was only 17 but you are right. 21 east coast pvp servers have been left out of the transfers. I was on darth bandon earlier alone in fleet hoping to get an operation lol. Guess its ok tho :)

I have not seen this asked yet: Will people who re-rolled on a server like Fatman, but who now cannot transfer their mains there due to it not being their destination server, be able to transfer them there maybe in Phase 2? It's not like it would be a population increase, as they are already there. This should have been an option - something like: if you had a character on that server as of a certain date, you'd be eligible to transfer your other characters there.

Not asking for me really, as I've unsubbed and my time runs out in July. I was waiting to see if I'd be able to move from PVP > PVE before resubbing and it's not looking likely. But most of the friends I knew who played and unsubbed were waiting for the above (reunite their chars on Fatman) to resub and play again. 90% of our guild from Sword of Ajunta Pall did this, and we were not the only ones.

Where does your numbers stem from? How do you know the remaining servers population if merged wouldn't just leave people in the very same situation they are now - just on another server?

Because the servers are currently capable of reaching 40/50 people on during peak times at fleet and many more or unsubscribbed awaiting transfers and Ranked Warzones.

How many times do they have to say once the servers are linked they will not unlink them without PLENTY of warning?

That was a pretty fast switch from many of your other posts calling BS on everything BW says, to trying to use their words to defend yourself. Seems odd that the only time you seem to believe them is when it defends you.