Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

I generally see you as well-intentioned, if not misguided, but attacking people is simply uncalled for. It does you, nor your arguments, no credit. :rolleyes:

you know what? it's true what you said. sorry the thing is sometimes i realy get piss off here in the forums and sometimes i want to scream!!!! lol

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if people are cancelling?

This game is doing great from both a population and revenue front.

We don't need all these useless subscribers, who cares what they do...

SWTOR is a vibrant community of 1.7 mil....I mean 1.2mil....I mean, 750k?

Lose a million subscriptions in a year? Hemorrhaging so much money that the developer has to change the entire system into a Cash Shop?

So what?

Why would it be useful to catch people so dismayed at current changes that they are considering cancelling and find out why and address them?

Right?

Lose a million subscriptions in a year? Hemorrhaging so much money that the developer has to change the entire system into a Cash Shop?

So what?

Why would it be useful to catch people so dismayed at current changes that they are considering cancelling and find out why and address them?

Right?

We have no idea how much of a revenue they are getting right now, and we don`t even have an updated number of subs. They could be anywhere from 300k to launch level as much as we now.

The forum is filled with people complaining about the expansion. I'm curious how many people are actually cancelling their sub over this? Honestly, that's the only thing that is really going to have an impact and maybe not even then as long as people are spending $800 on freaking cartel packs. Anyway, I'm just curious how many people actually cancelled their sub over this. I did. I was scheduled for a renewal in two weeks. Now that's not going to happen.

No matter how I read your original post and the previous ones, it looks like you are looking for validation among your peers that you did the right thing or made the right decision.

Anyway to answer you post, nope I didn't cancel my sub. To be honest while you may be negatively affected by the management's decisions, their decisions to make this game F2P has made it easier for me to bring in friends and enjoy. Hope whatever endeavors you do would bring you a peace of mind. =)

I am not I have been a sub since launch and am still happy with the game. I do not have too high of expectations, I play for the enjoyment of the game and am not much of a PvP or raider so this game keeps me interested. I am still working through all the class stories and loving it.

I think a lot of the haters come from people honestly with no other life then this game. Who expect it to be much more than it is within its first year of life. It is a game something you are suppose to play and enjoy in your free time. When I get bored with this I go play another game for a while or do something different, my world does not end because of lack of chat bubbles or any other non-consequential thing of that nature.

I will continue to be a sub until the time I have to quit or get totally bored with it.

Or the more likely scenario as evinced by the numerous strategic shifts towards finding additional revenue streams is that subscription numbers have been steadily declining since launch and F2P players are not spending enough money in the cash shop to off-set a year's worth of attrition.

If SWTOR was enjoying a growth in its revenue stream why would it send Makeb out at $10.00, independent of the Cartel Shop, in a move that was obvious to enrage the community?

F2P and Paid Content Patches are ispso facto demonstrations that we are not doing great for revenue, ergo subscription numbers.

I would prefer we do not enrage those we have left.

This time I will be cancelling not over makeb, but due to the lack of server transfers. This is beyond absurd. I have three characters stuck on a server I been wanting to get off for about half a year. I almost done with the lass class story, sith warrior. That was my long term mark for BW to fix their game and to make transfers available. Edited by Knockerz

So what?

Right?

Well most hyped games have a huge drop off , so has nothing to do with people being unhappy or angry whiny there an ocean of internet nerds on the internet pretty much hate all games for some reason or another and feel "oppressed" . Most hyped games have a grace period of a few month then the population drops off to the levels that the actual fan-base is interested , Guild wars 2 had huge drop off after it hype no where near the levels it was at launch .The secret world never even made it to the critical mass level and was suffering financial issues out the gate , since the MMO space simply doesn't have a lot of people interested in a Modern zombie-ques horror MMO but it has it audience .No amount of imaginary talk about quality, an innovation is going to change the fact people simply don't like the theme and don't want to play it . So honestly no different than any other game other than it had a larger budget than most normal games and the Company over-projected how large the STAR wars IP is (As a movie IP star wars is big , but Only game that ever made waves was kotor , and that no where near the big numbers that generic modern AAA games pull in like Fifa and call of duty ). Honestly most star wars games where middle core games

(They where games made in a time when the market supported games that didn't have to try to appeal to ever Frat boy , They had a fanbase , but weren't Massive everyone must have , nor where they bad games . There some great adventure games out , doesn't mean it will make 500 million dollars though.

and honestly there making profit now , scaled there development team down and populations stabilized months back , so yeah No one cares. Not sure who thought a Star wars IP would be that big anyway ,can't think of one star wars game that has sold on the scale of call of duty .

Edited by Enjouserano

I canceled after 1.4 due to the shuttering but they finally figured it out after what a month?

Came back but still disgruntled over the how long shuttering took to get fixed and after taking a good sober look at this (IMO) terrible F2P model and their refusal for QOL upgrades I thought no way they will launch F2P without, and why can't they fix stupid bugs, stupid embarrassing bugs that have gone for months on end unanswered and not only that, new stupid embarrassing bugs added with every patch, I canceled again before the Life Day day debacle.

Now with the Life Day debacle coupled with the new Makeb debacle, reinforced with my previous grievances, I can't say I'll be back. Even playing as F2P the restrictions will only cause rage but I don't want to rage, I just want EA to care about the game and learn by doing so they will make far far more money then they can imagine and I'm sure they imagine a lot.

I'm waiting for more information before deciding on my sub status.

I've patiently waited for a year, enjoying the bits of content that I do enjoy (pvp and a bit of raiding), avoiding the bits I don't enjoy (crafting, leveling, flashpoints) and trying to have fun with friends. I've offered constructive crticism of the game on the forums, I've offered suggestions for the game's direction and acknowledges the difficulties etc.

This expansion is Bioware's chance to show me that they understand the games problems and are working on a more sustainable game for the future. If they don't make changes for the better (horizontal gear progression, world pvp, basically sandbox'y elements which will sustain the community between content updates) then I'm leaving, if they do make the changes then I'll stay. At the moment, I dont have the information necessary to make an informed decision.

So, I remain hopeful, but also realistic as EA has a terrible track record and the Hickman Effect is in full force.

Kalfear did you just criticize my post and then reproduce it in your own words?

Yup, that is exactly what you did. :D

Cool. (Edit, ah I see)

Anyways.

To the OP.

No intention of cancelling at this point.

Then again, no intention of purchasing this until we see some more details either.

Edited by -IceHawk-

Played in beta.

Played December-January. Unsubbed February. Bored, mixture of lack of content and just lack of thoughtful game design and interactive environment and player-driven content. Poor polish, lots of bugs.

Came back May, see what they've done new... Entertained me a little while, but... Amazingly pretty much zero improvement or new content whatsoever, bugs still there from beta let alone release, BW just don't care... Stop playing early June, remember to unsub in July.

Came back December (this month), see if they've bucked up their ideas... No, still precious little new, but more importantly - no changes to the game design to address issues, bugs still everywhere and (if possible) even less polish as the new content that has been added has apparently taken up any time they might have had to refine the game.

Unsubbed already, then found out that they're compiling a couple of patches and charging for them as an 'Expansion' after I'd unsubbed, and Makeb will cost subscribers after all... Well, I would laugh, I would go round writing rage threads but... Nah, I'm gone. This is a poor game, that's the simple thing for me. It's not that the concept and the story content couldn't have been great, but the quality of the construction of the game is poor. It's poor quality, and I just can't justify paying for it - it's not fun to play anymore.

I'm at the point where I wonder what they are doing w/my sub money. Are they using it to develop new content? Clearly not as they're charging for said content. Are they using it to fix the bugs in the game? Obviously not. Even the stupid aesthetic bugs like people dieing standing up or having light sabers stuck through their heads are never fixed. Unify colors is still broken and when my companion is out of combat they always are either leaning back like someone is trying to slap them or leaning forward like a hunchback. Can't they just stand up straight like a normal person? Now obviously these bugs are the more minor ones of all the ones that are out there, but this is how people see your game for the first time. When people play your game, this is what they see. Is that what you want to put out there to people?

I haven't cancelled. But after the quote:

"Story content in the new expansion | 12.18.2012, 09:14 PM

Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!"

I have seriously considered it. The planet story lines were good and amazing the first time through. But after my first 50 I skipped the dialogue because I already knew what was going to be said. I have no doubt I'll enjoy ROTHC the first time through. But going through on four 50s will make it dry. I don't want a story of Empire vs. Republic, I want to know what happened to the commander of Havoc squad, what happens to Chiper Nine, what the Emperor's Wraith does, what Khallig does now that he is apart of the Dark Council. But has Hickman has as bluntly stated, there will not be any class stories in Makeb. I doubt there will be anymore. I will wait till Makeb arrives on the PTS before I make a final decision.

Haven't cancelled yet. Got the email letting me know my 6 month sub is up in 30 days today, and I'm giving some serious consideration to not giving BW my money anymore.

1.6 Cartel Market with top end ship parts

Life Day fiasco

Paid content patch with no class stories and very little information available

Bug fixes that are all "after the first of the year" when it's the middle of December

Just a bit too much bs all together for me to just fork over more money without thought.

I am not cancelling now but if they stick to the plan of not allowing the expansion to be bought with CC then my time in game is limited. I will not give any game company financial information. I am subscribed by time cards purchasable in a retail store. The expansion will not be put in retail stores and only available through the website. so that means I can't get it. Eventually I will run out of things to do without the expansion and unsub.