Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

[*]No Immersion - Honestly, I don't really feel like I'm playing a Star Wars game. It feels more like just another game in space. I don't really know how BioWare would go about fixing this problem, but a couple of my ideas: 1) The worlds are too linear. They make it very difficult to just go exploring and discover random things out in the wild. The planets feel more like maps, or maybe even mazes. 2) The perception of "choice" and "my saga" is really a lie. Everything is pre-determined. It doesn't feel like my character.

No game has this...you ask for impossible things... noone can load / develop infinite planet maps...no game has a real "Artificial Intelligence" liek you ask for about character and story.. SURE everything is pre-determinded... how do you think scripts do work?

If you want your unique character story, then you should start roleplaying.. there have to be limits and there has to be a line to stick to...

tell me atleast 3 games where the maps are infinite and where your characters story is driven by "AI" npcs...

Edited by Prysha

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am leaving for a number of reasons I will list here

-50 pvp sucks because of expertise (love pre 50 pvp but you can only do it for so long)

-I have all ready completed all 4 republic storylines and have no real interest in the imp ones

-Elder Scrolls Online baby!

-all the damn graphic bugs or glitches

-and all the dang puzzles in raids...If I wanted puzzles in raiding i'd go play some stupid puzzle game! I hate puzzles!

That's mostly it. I will miss the excellent voice acting and character storylines (minus the consular one...ugh!) the most!

Beta tester

Collectors edition

preordered hutt cartel first day it was available.

sub never lapsed, until I just cancelled it.

1) Inaccessible and over tuned content. Do I really need to go on about this anymore? The nightmare modes should be unforgiving, everything else should actually be doable.

2) Hacks in PvP. Seriously do something meaningful about them.

3) Complete lack of guild management features. As easy as they would be to put in I see no excuse for the lack.

4) Complete lack of interaction with the other faction, this is especially a pain as most of us play on both sides

5) Complete lack of real Space combat, you do know space is a three dimensional place right?

close the coal mine the canary is dead

I am leaving for a number of reasons I will list here

-50 pvp sucks because of expertise (love pre 50 pvp but you can only do it for so long)

-I have all ready completed all 4 republic storylines and have no real interest in the imp ones

-Elder Scrolls Online baby!

-all the damn graphic bugs or glitches

-and all the dang puzzles in raids...If I wanted puzzles in raiding i'd go play some stupid puzzle game! I hate puzzles!

!

all games have glitches and bugs, the elder scrols online wil have puzzles too.. especially for the magic themes ..

3) Complete lack of guild management features. As easy as they would be to put in I see no excuse for the lack.

Beta tester here too, Collector's Edition too, I had a love/hate relationship with this game for a long while, but I guess this was really the thing that made me quit, this really sums up SWTOR as a "single-player game in a multi-player universe" for me ...

I'll probably sub again to check the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, and I hope that by then they'll have added some more "real MMO" content :o

Wow. So let me understand this. The few players that are leaving is because there is no world pvp, or more pvp in general? Well I am glad that there really is no world pvp. World pvp just screams camping/greafing. If they tryed to influence me to pvp by adding stuff then I would be very upset. I don't like pvp because Most players find it more fun to watching players try to run away, try to rez,camp, and mess up peoples Rp moments. There always ends up being more bad things coming out of pvp then pve, and rp.

The one I can remember the most is the funeral that was held in wow years ago. Some one died in real life, and they had a ingame funeral. Then a pvp guild came by and killed every one. All the players that were holding the funeral ingame were wearing tuxes. and dresses. None had armor. Thats why it was very easy for the pvp guild to kill every one. There were well over 40 players having the funeral too. That issue got so big the forms blew up for days about it, and the whole video of it posted on youtube. Killing people at a Funeral ingame for a real person is pritty harsh. Even for a pvp player. So ya. Pvp is not really at all that great unless it is very controled, and its not world base.

Edited by Ashlockheart

SWTOR is a pretty game nothing of special but I don't understand all this hate against it however, I've left for lag problems, with a lag which starts from 66 ms to 50,000 ms every 5 minutes, it's impossible to play. I can't stand this tecnical problem so, I'm sorry but I can't become crazy for a game. Edited by VanderII

all games have glitches and bugs, the elder scrols online wil have puzzles too.. especially for the magic themes ..

Why? This is not the thread for you.

So far I am one more disappointment away and so far every reason to press the FU Sub button has been mentioned apart from one.

I refuse point blank to fund EAware any more. Enough, done. You have enough saps eating at the trough of regurgitated WOW clone s$%# that you call a game. Dammit you are the internet age equivalent of snake oil salesmen, lots of promises and no delivery.

You were the chosen one's.... you were meant to bring balance and epicness to the IP not destroy it for the gratification of your wallets.

Wow. So let me understand this. The few players that are leaving is because there is no world pvp, or more pvp in general? Well I am glad that there really is no world pvp. World pvp just screams camping/greafing. If they tryed to influence me to pvp by adding stuff then I would be very upset. I don't like pvp because Most players find it more fun to watching players try to run away, try to rez,camp, and mess up peoples Rp moments. There always ends up being more bad things coming out of pvp then pve, and rp.

The one I can remember the most is the funeral that was held in wow years ago. Some one died in real life, and they had a ingame funeral. Then a pvp guild came by and killed every one. All the players that were holding the funeral ingame were wearing tuxes. and dresses. None had armor. Thats why it was very easy for the pvp guild to kill every one. There were well over 40 players having the funeral too. That issue got so big the forms blew up for days about it, and the whole video of it posted on youtube. Killing people at a Funeral ingame for a real person is pritty harsh. Even for a pvp player. So ya. Pvp is not really at all that great unless it is very controled, and its not world base.

PvE Carebear...

:eek:

I left 2 months in due to lack of content. Got 3 chars to 50, full raid gear, full pvp gear, and was like well im done.

Came back 4 or so months ago, played another month ....got bored again. Quit.

Just came back again.....

Why do I keep getting bored?

I love star wars, I love the universe. But I suppose in my heart I just want this game to be galaxies. I want more exploration, and open world adventures. I want epic space battles. I want to feel like I am living in the SW universe, not just along for the ride through someone elses eyes.

The pvp keeps me for a month or 2 at a time, but then I always leave for a few months until I get that huttball itch. Bioware has yet to interest me in this game with PvE for longer than it takes me to do it once.

I left 2 months in due to lack of content. Got 3 chars to 50, full raid gear, full pvp gear, and was like well im done.

That's exactly what EVERYONE kept telling me, and i was saying "oh no i'm sure i'll keep on playing when i reach 50", and ... well, just like evryone, i did not ...

In my opinion, the problem is that SWTOR is not really a MMO, it's more a single-player game in a multi-player universe, so once you've reached the end of your story you're just done, just like in a PS3 video game or something ...

There's not enough "real-MMO" content to keep you here :(

Wait... That really happened? That is so funny. I wish this game had fun times like that.

Been subbed since release, planning to un-sub next time around due to BW doing nothing about APAC servers.

Prob come back for ROTC as server pop will be up but unless they do something i'll be gone again after, very disappointing...

Yes, that really happened and that was AWESOME. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw (sorry, couldn't find better quality).

Sure, it was rude, callous etc. though probably MMO game is not a place for funerals.

/end offtopic

This is one of those epic moments in mmo history and a beacon of why world pvp is a good thing. If you're in a war, shouldn't it feel like you're in a war?

And if you don't like pvp then roll on a pve server, but saying that you would be mad if game content that didn't cater to you was released...... Well, that's insanely childish and I hope you can see why your being selfish.

Nothing is getting better.

Server pops are starting to fall again

Content is back to a trickle again

Content we do get is primarily rehashed or stuff that was in the beta/promised 6-9 months ago

Missing features are still missing, in fact only one since UI customization is rep, did anyone reall want a rep grind?

Bug fixes are actually getting worse with more bugs being created by attempted fixes

Customer service is now practically non-existant with the lack of CSRs and ridiculous rules preventing them from helping in many cases

Number of new and much more interesting MMOs are on the horizon

So long, and good luck.

Exactly why I don't do PvP anymore in any MMO. They can't control it unless they have so many restrictions that it's not fun to play.

THE WORST Customer service in the world.

1. if you are not with active sub you cannot create a ticket or post on the forums! even if you bought the game.

2. no email contact.

3. customer service do not answer to topics on customer service forum.

4. hideous 2 hours waiting time on phone calls.

5. and a lot more....

I unsubscribed, but I'll still finish the class stories through F2P. Honestly, I love the game, but it's very apparent that they care more about pumping out half a**ed cartel content than anything else. Heck, even the cartel gear has weird bugs and glitches and instead of fixing these (I've sent multiple bugs about the conservation and Preceptors robes), they just pump out more like they're on some sort of quota.

It honestly gets annoying.... So, I spent about 4 Million credits on buying every unlock I could find and now I'm going F2P. It's not like I really raid much anyway. I'll just take my time finishing up my Sniper, Marauder and Shadow and then call it a game.

I unsubscribed, but I'll still finish the class stories through F2P. Honestly, I love the game, but it's very apparent that they care more about pumping out half a**ed cartel content than anything else. Heck, even the cartel gear has weird bugs and glitches and instead of fixing these (I've sent multiple bugs about the conservation and Preceptors robes), they just pump out more like they're on some sort of quota.

It honestly gets annoying.... So, I spent about 4 Million credits on buying every unlock I could find and now I'm going F2P. It's not like I really raid much anyway. I'll just take my time finishing up my Sniper, Marauder and Shadow and then call it a game.

Not that I want to encourage leaving, but...

Did you know that you can transfer your characters to PTS, or even roll new ones there? Once you get to fleet on PTS, there is a magical "Level 55 me with GEAR!" button.

Do that, click the button (twice for more gear) and run through just your class stories.

It's da bomb-diggity! :D

Not that I want to encourage leaving, but...

Did you know that you can transfer your characters to PTS, or even roll new ones there? Once you get to fleet on PTS, there is a magical "Level 55 me with GEAR!" button.

Do that, click the button (twice for more gear) and run through just your class stories.

It's da bomb-diggity! :D

LOL, I never even thought of doing that! So, I can create a consular, get him to level 7, go to fleet and instantly become level 55 and then go back and just run through his class story line? That's awesome.

I'm not an un-subscriber. But I play this game less and less as time goes by. This usually leads me to unsubscribe due to there being little point in me supporting a product i dont use. I wont say i dislike this game. But it doesnt provide the things which i feel are lacking:

* My biggest complaint is lack of RP items and immersion such as

- Chairs i can sit in

- Places i can go to which have non instanced rooms i can use (the Jedi Temple has a lot of instanced rooms making it hard to RP in. This goes for a lot of places)

- Mini-games. I want to be able to bet on the races or play some pazaak.

- Be nice to have items, that while having no gameplay use in regards to quests or PVE/PVP content that is useable in a visual or money making way. Why shouldnt my smuggler not be able to smuggle goods to people who can make a profit out of what i am smuggling for them. Most of the illegal good in game are worth a pittance. But they are there. Perhaps have some penalty for having it or selling it.

- There are probably things that i have thought of in the past that i have not written here. To me this game seems very PVP/PVE orientated. Which is fine. If thats the way you want to go with the game, BW, then do so. But dont have RP servers which by their very existence promise RP when there is very little to RP with. I and others dont need props to RP but they are nice to have.

* I cannot make my characters look the way i want them to look until i level high, or have to participate in WZ's and such. I'm not too bothered about the stats when looking at clothing/armour. I want to know if my character is going to look good. Yes, i want my character to be protected, but for me thats a secondary consideration as i mainly RP or follow storyline quests.

* Hoods, up and down. Small detail. but for some, a relevant one.

* Make all character creation choices possible for a particular class possible for all, where it would still make sense. EG; SI and SW are both slaves, yet only the Inquisitor can have brands. The Warrior gets scars. Why can the two not have the same choices?

*And lastly: On the subject of armour again, You have recently bought out some okay looking armour, BW, IMO. But there are still a lot of cliche armours out there. It just seems to me that you want every Sith Warrior to be like Vader. And every BH to look like a Fett, And for a lot of the SI to look like something out of a badly made Cyberpunk/Steampunk movie with their weird robes, all the jedi seem ti be forced into either the skirt and flowing robe with attatched tassles, or armour with a robe over it. All the Smugglers (my fave class) Seem to be forced to go Han Solo or the guy from the video: Return (cant think of his name). Give us some choice. Look and some classic SW including Expanded universe stuff. There are a lot of great comic artists out there that have done some great work on the look and some of the film stuff is good too. Just remember; we dont all want to be vader or other readily established characters. :)

Some of these may seem petty to others. But as a hardcore roleplayer. And someone who plays a game to have fun have a good looking PC,rather than worrying about being outfitted with the toughest armour you can get, These are things that make a big difference to a game.

I love you guys at BW. I wont deny that i do have faith in you. But as of this moment the game is not what it could be.

Regards

:)

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?

First, I think "Star Wars: the Old Republic" has a fantastic set of main class storylines, and I think other MMOs should try following its example. I started to play around three and a half weeks ago, and I am going to let my subscription expire this week. I have an avatar at level 23, 25, and 32.

Some of the reasons why I will not resubscribe:

~ While the main class quests are interesting, the gap between certain sections of them take too long. You can have an avatar at level 24, but the next part of the class story hits at level 27. As a result of being forced off the main storyline, I found myself disconnecting from the game entirely. Sure, the side quests are available, but they interfere with the main story's tempo.

~ Regardless about if you are a subscriber or preferred customer, the leveling process (xp gain) feels like it takes too long. First, both subscribers and preferred customers should be leveling at the same speed, for both types of consumers are paying into the system. Second, the speed in which you gain experience should be overall faster, so that certain repetitious tasks do not feel too daunting. If BioWare can fix this particular issue, the first complaint I have will go away.

~ BioWare didn't release a wikilist of armors, robes, and other gear; thus, the average player is lost when it comes to buying class specific items. Sure, you can mess with the settings in the players exchange, but not all the items can be found within the network. Second, not all of the class specific items can be found within the class specific vendors; thus, the ability to buy these items at cost is not possible.

Why do the light, medium, and heavy armor venders exist if they do not carry items, which would accommodate all the player levels of a specific planet?

Why do the Sith and Jedi class venders exist if they do not carry items, which would accommodate all the player levels of a specific level?

If I need to buy new gear for my class and level, while I am on a level specific planet, I should be able to find a wide variety of those items at the local venders. I should only be using the players exchange (network) for items that are customized, very rare, specialized, crafted, and cartel. Sure, many of the core items can still be sold in the players exchange; however, the vast majority of them should be available in the local venders.

~ Even though we have a single fleet base and a mess of bars, the variety of social zones are extremely limited. Before I started playing "Star Trek: Online", I was a very isolated single player. I rebelled against the word 'multiplayer'. As a result of being exposed to a wide variety of social environments and options, I completely broke out of my single-player mentality. When it comes to "Star Wars: the Old Republic", the social atmosphere feels very-very claustrophobic. "Star Wars: the Old Republic" does not have planets similar to "STO's" Risa or Bajor; thus, the social atmosphere is secluded to specific sections. Its a MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) game, right?

Where are the diverse environments for roleplaying?

Where are the diverse environments for socializing?

Where are the diverse environments for social emergence?

...and, this brings me to the next issue.

~ As you finish with the first chapter, the environments suddenly become very boring. Around level twenty five to thirty, the entire game suddenly brings you to a lull. While the first set of environments are interesting, the excitement suddenly ends when you hit Tatooine. If you are able to slug if through Tatooine, the game slows to a screeching grind on Alderaan. ...and, if Alderaan has not brought you to a halt, the player character's purpose in chapter two will make you bored. Tatooine and Alderaan's problem are the environments, and the way they make you feel will affect the start of chapter two. Even though chapter two's story could go in interesting ways, the last two planets of chapter one diminishes the player's excitement.

...now, one of the most important game features, which made "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" entertaining, is missing.

~ While you race from location to location, the exciting companion cut-scenes are gone. "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" had companion triggers, which fired off at random aspects of the game. "Star Wars: the Old Republic's" version of companion interaction are cut-scenes that solely accessible while on the ship. It also doesn't help that you can only have one companion active.

Moments like this are worth a million:

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic": Conversation between Bastilla and Mission.

...and, that is why I am not resubscribing (and/or leaving) after three to four weeks of gameplay. Majority of "Star Wars: the Old Republic's" issues deal with core elements, which require a major overhaul in both thinking and game design. Unless BioWare is interested in fixing these problems, I do not see how "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" and MMO fans will stick around.

My "SW: TOR" hiatus starts within three days, so my participation will be reduced to reading its news feeds.

Edited by Linyivee

I play less and less and jat times ust go F2P all together.

Here is why.

1) The main storylines are completed.

I can do the same flashpoints over and over but that is only appealing for 1 or two characters.

With the expansion being only imp/rep specific and inluded 5 more levels, i will only continue 2 characters, one 1 imp and 1 rep. I have no desire to repeat the same content, as to prevent it from becoming as stale as any side quest.

2) No RP elements, therefore not much outside of the gear grinding.

I have tried to realy get into the game, SWG sucked me into the world and my character lived there. Here i spend most of my time on fleet in some que with very little IC interaction. I attempt to leave the fleet in hopes to find some random RP, but i just find people in their own world, questing away untill i get bored and head back.

Chat bubbles would have been nice but i dont think we will ever see them, not at this point.

That is pretty much it, i feel once the main story is completed there is not much more to get me to contiinue to SUB. I love the IP but if I continue the stoyline with only 2 of my 8 characters, then i will just be F2P and not spend the money on flashpoints/warzones once the new storyline is completed.

I did the reroll but its all the same, after level 10.

I am not going to leave completly, but it will be less frequent once i complete the Makeb's 2 storylines.

Edited by kirorx

Unsubbed a few weeks back, runs out next week. Top 5 reasons:

1) Lack of World PvP

this is the biggest issue for me. By world pvp, I mean 1 or more zones dedicated to pvp where everyone is auto-flagged. These zones should contain worthwhile objectives to both encourage fighting, discourage camping and keep people coming back. Given that they would be dedicated zones, it would mean it would be 100% optional and so the carebears would be happy.

I've posted many times about what specific form I would like world pvp to take, but in short take a look at LOTRO's Ettenmoors or WAR's PvP lakes. I do not agree with griefing in mainstream mmos and camping is lame, but proper world pvp is great!

My favourite memories from all mmos I've played have always been from world pvp. Granted, world pvp often gets a bit dull with too much ranged pew-pew, but when it is done right it is absolutely epic and beats every raiding experience I've ever had. This is the first MMO I've played where the world pvp has been so terrible that raiding is actually more enjoyable.

2) Too Simplistic Combat Mechanics

People tell me this game is more complicated than WoW.......I can't even begin to imagine how dull WoW must be! I can from LOTRO which is vastly more complex than TOR. There are simply more stats so you can finely tune your character exactly the way you want, but there also isn't a "best" way. Every single class had tons and tons of ways to gear and spec and all of them were equally valid. The "meta-game" in LOTRO was a lot of fun, but it is almost non-existant here.

LOTRO also had support classes (captain, burglar, loremaster) which meant that PvE had more complicated boss mechanics, but more importantly, many viable alternatives for success. For the 4 1/2 years I played the game, they never implemented a single enrage timer because it wasn't ever needed! They implemented more intelligent mechanics to ensure difficulty and class skill but reduce restrictions.

For example, some bosses would have tons and tons of adds. One strategy was to bring 2 champions (AoE melee DPS in heavy armour). This would be the equivalent of an enrage timer: bring enough DPS or you get overwhelmed and die. An alternative would be to bring a loremaster and a champion, so the loremaster would stun or root half the adds whilst you killed the others. Another alternative would be to bring a captain and a burglar, so you'd have the captain heal-kite the adds whilst both captain and burg debuffed the boss and you'd nuke it in double time.

Basically, the game gave you options which meant playing how you wanted, not how you were forced. In TOR, its tank, healer and 2 dps for everything. Classes make very little difference, tactics are all the same......its boring!

3) Boring Classes

This ties in with the simplistic combat mechanics, but I find all the classes in game too similar and thus my motivation to level alts was always low. Every class is essentially the same, with simple rotations that are easy to learn. There are very few "signature" moves, armour etc is all weak. Don't get me wrong, I love my shadow main and it was fun the first time, but whilst leveling alts I just kept on thinking "Whats the point?" There is literally nothing to look forwards to.

I compare this to LOTRO. Every single class had a very unique playstyle that was so utterly different to the other classes that it felt new. It took time to learn new classes and every class had something unique and funky to look forwards to. My main was a captain, primarily a buffer but a jack of all trades. My first alt was a dwarf guardian. My motivation was being a walking wall of armour with a heavy axe, i.e. the Gimli fantasy. My second alt was a dwarf champion. I looked forwards to being a walking pool of AoE death! One of it's signature moves (SHING-SHING!) was great to use and something to strive for. Nothing else in game came close to the AoE damage of a champion. My third alt was a loremaster, a pet class focusing on CC and debuffs. It took real skill to play solo as you were soooo damn squishy. Yet, you had cool pets to look forwards to (saber tooth tigers, eagles etc) and some truely epic skills (March of the Ents, root, lightning) that again was completely unmatched by any other class. My fourth alt was a burglar, the only stealth class. It focused on DPS and Debuffing with some CC on the side so was fun to play, and also had the unique mechanic of crit-chains that no other class had.

In short, each class gave you something unique and exciting to look forwards to. TOR, by comparison, only changes the aesthetics of skills, but the underlying mechanics are all the same.

4) Vertical Gear Progression

I've never played an MMO where vertical gear progression worked. Every game I've played, all it does is segregate the community, cause arguements and lead to a situation where people think gear is greater than skill. I hate it! Its dull, unimaginative and kills the meta game: you simply need the top tier gear and ur fine.

Horizontal gear progression is where its at. "Comparable Incomparables". LOTRO had it (except for a short time with radience gear) and it worked fantastically. There was no barrier to raiding except player skill because endgame gear was all "roughly" equal. This meant finding pugs was easier. However, the meta-game was still amazing. You could, if you wanted to, tweak yourself for individual raids / bosses, so you'd drop some health and damage in order to increase mitigation. It kept things fun, fluid and you were ever experimenting and playing to the groups strengths and weaknesses without ever leaving anyone behind.

5) Future Direction of the Game

Whilst I prefer sandbox elements, I dont mind themeparks. I'm the sort of player who enjoys everything! I raid, I level alts, I do flashpoints, I pvp, I craft. When I get bored of one activity, I just switch to another.

The key for themeparks is to ensure each activity is good enough so that I never get bored with all of them at the same time. For themepark activities, keeping it interesting for long periods of time is very difficult because you are essentially just repeating the same experience over and over again. Due to reasons 1-4 above, I tend to get bored of the themepark activities very quickly because they are so goddamn easy and short lived!

In TOR, I've done everything except rated warzones. I've killed every boss, got all gear that I wanted, maxed companion affection, got a high valor rank, maxed lots of crafting professions.....it was all too easy and all of it lacked depth and meaning.

Still, I love Star Wars and so I stuck with it, posting my feedback on the forums in the hopes that the developers would "get it" and start being more intelligent with their content design. It hasn't happened. The developers (or more specifically, the guys designing the stuff that the developers implement) are just churning out more of the same. The expansion is proving their inability to adapt and improve and so my final hopes of the game improving have been killed.

If the game isn't going to improve and I no longer enjoy the existing content then its time to call it a day. It was fun for a while (early beta tester, subbed since launch) but ultimately just another disappointment in a long list of poorly implemented games released by companies that should know better.