Official Q&A Thread for June 15th Blog Post

When the legacy features were first announced at the Guild Summit. Daniel Erickson stated that they would be granted after reaching a certain legacy level OR by purchasing for a large sum of credits. What is the logic behind the decision to make the legacy perks require both a legacy level AND a large sum of credits?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the XS Freighter Flyby take an extra 2.5-3 extra seconds to do its damage after the initial activation? If it's part of the animation then shouldn't that be part of the activation. None of the other abilities with activations have an extra wait time, so why should this one?

You had mentioned in January, I think, that you have plans to make or are currently working on an app for smartphones to be able to do crew skills with. I was wondering if you can give an update on how this is going. I am currently near 5 lvl 50s and I am sure others have 8 lvl 50s by now. That is a lot of switching back and forth to do our crew skills.

In order to make this a bit more efficient I would say we need another tab in our banks. This tab would be account wide and accessible by all toons. Crew mats and crafted items could automatically be sent there if we select an option in the app to make that happen. Or maybe a selection for which character to send it to.

You have annonced Cathar as the next playable species. What made you pick them over more famous species or species that people who have limited experiance in the extend universe. Will Cathar be playable for both factions straight away, will large amounts of the imperial Talis missions be re-written if you are playing a Cathar and will other species be introduced at the same time, shortly after or at some point no date given?

P.S. Its nice to see more species being introduced but personaly Cathar dont interest me, if people want other species but dont roll Cathar as they dont want to play one how will BW know that people want new species and what they want?

What is the rationale behind introducing MORE armor reduction debuffs in 1.3? (Pyrotech Merc/Gunslinger).

In PVP armor reduction is beyond broken with Pyrotech PTs routinely killing healers in two hits. It seems to me this is a mechanic you would want to move AWAY from instead of towards? Particularly in the case of Mercs/Commandos who receive the debuff passively; at least the GS change is a CD.

From what I understand, once the origin to destination server transfer is announced - that relationship is fixed until "we ever decide to stop this free character transfer service".

Is there any reason to ever end free transfers once they've been announced?

I realise you've already said players will be given plenty of advanced notice if you ever decide to stop that service. I'm trying to understand what reasons you think would be appropriate to no longer offer free transfers?

-alternatively-

Will there come a time in the future when "Origin" servers of the server transfer scheme will be hidden from the server selection list for everyone except players who still have characters on those servers?

This line intentionally left blank

Edited by Woetoo

Are there any plans for allowing training in different weapon types?

Considering weapons are really just shell you put your mods into, none are more powerful than the other, the system is skill-based. I would love to see my Powertech wield a Blaster riffle, my Operative a blaster pistol (like in all cinematics) my Vanguard a Techsword, my Mercenary a Techstaff..... you get the point, more versatility!! And for those saying that it would not fit the lore or the actual content, think about all our companions; Kaliyo =blaster riffle, Malavai=blaster pistol, Vector=electrostaff, Torian=techstaff, Skadge=techsword......

*sigh*

Come on, BioWare. We need information on the open-world PvP revamp, please? Anything, really. I don't see how communicating to us even a goal or merely some design ideas will commit you to anything.

It's past time for some information on this.

Although I overall love this game, there is one thing that annoys greatly.

The color texture on the sith gear. Let me come with an example. The new War Hero and Black Hole / Campaign gear has very cool designs; however they also have those different color textures. Being a really hardcore sith fan (I even have Darth Vader tattoo,) the lag of plain black gear really is a thorn in my side.

Now I know we have the color system, but mostly it’s the chest piece that define the character look, and that’s the color which item are matching too.

I also know that a lot of that MMOS has to make different color textures in order to prevent everyone looking alike, however have you considered adding some more black versions of the different gear, or perhaps a coloring slot on the items? (could also be a boost for crafter economy)

Edited by Inzuher

Last week you said that Defense can Resist (take no damage from) Force/Tech attacks, but that Shield currently has no effect at all. As a Powertech tank, I feel like I'm getting shafted here. My survival largely depends on my shield and not Defense. It seems to me that in PvP, I'm at a HUGE disadvantage compared to other tanks. Considering that Defense can cause these attacks to essentially miss, and shielding can only absorb a portion (typically in the 40-50% range for bounty hunter tanks) of the damage, I fail to see why it would be detrimental to allow shields to counter Force/Tech attacks.

Is there a reason why you allow only Defense to counter these attacks? Are there plans to change this in the near future?

Are there any plans to re-vamp the Codex system, to allow for players, such as myself, to obtain a full planet's worth of codex entries? Example, my Jedi Knight on Tython is missing 3 codex entries for Codex completion. Jedi Weapons was confirmed as bugged, but two of the bestiary items (Wingmaw and Terentatek) are not there. Wingmaw doesn't get picked up until Balmorra and Terentatek seems to be missing entirely.

Im sure developing endgame content is no easy task. While the daily commendation GRINDS do help pass the time, my guild and I find them boring. Are their any plans of moving away from this model. For example, a quest line for cultural armors that involve re-exploring planets for special overland bosses to gain unique looking weapons. Im not talking about just run and kill bob. Somethig more dynamic like a prison break event on belsalvis where one of 6 different people will escape and you need to kill them. If this is not in your design plan, would you ever consider something more engaging then rinse and repeat daily quest. Edited by SvnStrSlm

When will you be increasing the GTN listing amount and how long we can list items for, preferably as a global legacy unlock. Its a nightmare having to relist 200 items every 2 days.. it comes round sooooo quick and so many items do sell but take a week too do it. Like Artifice hilts.. very slow sellers. Shouldnt you be trying to encourage the selling of low level items like this, to help populate the GTN for leveling players. Buying items off the GTN when you hit next level after a big grind should be a fun reward, something exciting to look forward to, only to find an empty GTN becuase the big crafters get put off becuase of the constant relisting. Edited by RichyYoung

I understand he is a long way off, 1.4 if not later, but could You please possibly give us any sort of clearer or better insight to the unlocking of HK 51 as many people here are speculating the pub and imp chars that we will probably need to unlock him will have to be level 50s (which I am perfectly fine with tbh) and are making a fuss over it? My personal theory suspicion is you'll want if not need to have them both at around 40 since in beta his mission to unlock him began on Hoth. But I would appreciate any form of clarification or insight straight from the devs' mouth please?

I asked this in the last Q&A. How come the SW/JK classes are the only classes that don't share the same armor proficiency? As a Sentinel and a Marauder, i am limited to only the Weaponsmaster set, where as every other class is able to use all of their end game armor sets.

Back when the game was first announced in October 08, I knew I was going to play a Bounty Hunter. Now here some seven months later My main character, the BH, doesn't really "feel" like a Bounty Hunter, more like a hired mercenary. When can we expect to see something along the lines of a "daily" Bounty mission, or player bounty's, or something inventive/new to make the class feel more like an actual Bounty Hunter vs. just some random other class of the game?