Official Q&A Thread for June 15th Blog Post

when are we getting updates to the Collectors Edition vendor, the VIP vendor and the Security Key vendor? i remember a dev (not sure which one) said we would get regular updates but all that has been added is 1 mini pet to the CE vendor.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of all the other concerning questions have been asked so I'll ask one that really pertains to leveling an alt.

Can you tell us if we will see Togruta species as a playable race this year? The race is in the game, implemented with all the animations IE Azshara Zavros and many other Togruta in the game. I have had little interest in races that were unfamiliar and besides Sith and Rattaki, a Togruta would very much encourage me to level a 5th toon to 50. Do you have any other races you intend to implement? No harm in telling :)

When are you planning to implement true target forwarding? By this I mean, when will I be able to target my main tank and be able to both heal him and shoot damage through him to the mob he is killing. I am a sith sorcerer and have found that I waste valuable seconds in many fights trying to switch targets from my heal targets to enemy targets, which can ultimately result in the death of my main tank and a subsequent wipe of the whole group:(. I would love to be able to actually use my force lightening abilites much more and contribute to the damage output on boss mobs especially. I know that there is an "aquire target's target" feature and keybinding but I, personally, have found this an ineffective tool for healing/damage output during Operations or Flashpoints.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Nyvan
punctuation edit

Is it going to be possible for us to create via legacy characters Cyborg non-humans? Right now the only speices that we can create that will have cybernetic implants/parts is human? Are we going to be able to say, create a Sith Pureblood with the cybrog eye-coverings?

Is there any plans to improve artifice to put it on par with other crew skills, as of right now we cannot craft anything notable (our best gear is on par with tionese). Other skills can craft augment kits (in 1.3), reusable stims, augmented pvp gear, mounts etc. I cant help feeling like I chose the wrong crew skill.

In my honest opinion, the current state of scoundrel/operative pve dps is bad. I personally enjoy playing my scoundrel and I also love to do hardcore raiding. Maybe i'm not tapping into the the full brunt force of the scrapper or dirty fighting trees. And with the introduction of dps meters, I am usually forced to sit side lined because of the fact that marauders/sentinels are well....you know. Can you break down how the Dirty fighting/lethality tree works and where most of it's damage secrets come from asside from the DoTs? :rak_02:

My question is will i be able to transfer a character from one SWTOR account to another, my brother stopped playing and i continued to level his operative but on my account i have 5 level 50's i just want to close his account and transfer the remaining character to mine.

It is frustrating to watch the 1.3 marketing videos and screenshots once again displaying Jedi armor with the hood down (like in the HK screenshot) which we cannot find in the game. Are you any closer to knowing when a hood toggle will be available? More importantly:

If a Hood Toggle is a long way off, what is the likelihood of simply adding in the hood down armors that you have shown us into the game as separate pieces with the same stats? This would require no more extra system coding and could be done at any moment. It would make many Jedi very happy.

The guild bank needs improving, we all agree on that I think.

How about putting an option like RE, where we can sell stuff direct to a vendor built in to the guild bank & the credits go straight into the 'fund'.

The way we have to run back and forth, keeping track of what we have sold is 10 years ago.

Also, an option to place items directly on to the GTN would be a great thing too.

Edited by Wyer
Missed out a word

As explained here and here, after 1.3, a Shadow/Assassin tank in full Campaign gear will take 12.4% more damage than a Vanguard/Powertech tank in identical gear. The "spikeyness" (standard deviation) of Shadow/Assassin damage taken will also be about 25% greater than for a Vanguard/Powertech. In addition, you are reducing our self-healing, which is frequently interrupted and/or unusable depending on fight mechanics but apparently supposed to compensate for about 1/8 of a hard-mode operations boss's damage, by ~40%.

Do you have anything to say to the Shadows/Assassins who will no longer be competitive for tanking top-tier PvE content as a result of this ill-conceived and misguided attempt at PvP balancing?

Edited by LagunaD

Is there any plans to make the "friend" system more user friendly? Currently I can friend one of my real life friends when we team up, but if he makes a new character, I won't know until he searches me out to let me know. Maybe by giving everyone a "global name" for their subscription, same regardless of server, this could allow us to know all of a friends characters regardless of which one they log on with?

As a followup on one of the questions that were asked on the June 8th QA, is there any factors that go into how likely a companion is to be successful at a crew skill mission? I find that C2N2 fails my missions a lot more often than my other companions.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I weren't able to find an answer anywhere.

It seems that Sith Assassins/Jedi Shadows) have proficiency in electrostaffs, but despite that,. if we try to use one, some of our crucial abilities do not work (for example the charges) making the weapon useless. At the same time, Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights have no trouble using vibroswords instead of lightsabers. Is this by design, or just some oversight? The ability to properly use elecrostaffs would nicely increase the appearance customization options for Assassins/Shadows.

How will you handle server populations on a server like Lord Calypho in Europe? It is the only English-speaking RP-PVP server in Europe, which means there is no way to transfer to or from without changing server "type". The population level isn't "completely empty", but it's certainly not thriving. And what about those of us with characters sitting idle on a dead server if we rerolled onto a server of a different type (RP PVE and then RP PVP)? Are left out in the upcoming free mergers, unable to merge our legacies together?

I'm concern about the end game for PvP players , we had illum for massive PvP actions and now we only have daily to do with same warzones over and over , is there any plans to make a new PvP area or return illum ? Edited by De-Rodales

Will you release Power/Crit and Defence/Absorption enhancements?

Currently the only way to get Crit Rating is to directly swap out Power, which is only slightly behind our Primary Stat in value.

The only way to get Absorption is to take a larger amount of Accuracy or Shield Rating.

Edited by jtsd

First of all, I really loved your presence at various gaming exhibitions during last year, and even got to experience the joy of eurogamer expo myself mostly due to your presence. With your upcoming Makeb expansion being teased at e3, I am curious as to whether you will have continued presence throughout the year at other expos, or at least where we should check to see if you are going to be at various gaming events.

My guild and I have had a mixed experience with the bonus chests in Explosive Conflict. How are they supposed to work? Are they on a timer? Are they only available on your first Explosive Conflict run of the week?

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

Hi,

Can you please communicate more on when you guys/gals plan to start perform server merges? They are WAY overdue.

Server populations are at silly low levels. 95% of your servers never leave 'Light' population. The populous is so outraged it has started to take action itself. Dozens of people every day are re-rolling to the few servers that have a high enough population to sustain an MMO experience.

I have more to say, but if I could get a straight-forward answer to this, many many of your users would be happier.

Can I please get a response on this issue I have for ranked warzones and how you will deal with a disconnect? People disconnect from warzones it happens and sometimes its the game others its a client issue but it happens. To go down one man in a ranked warzone will be detrimental to the team. I think a sub should be allowed to be grouped with the 8 man team so that in the unlikely event a player drops for what ever reasons they can instantly take there place.

2 Questions

What is the future of the C.E. Vendor and VIP Vendors? As of right now, what is the point of spending the Credits to get into the VIP area... one single over priced speeder? The idea of a rotating inventory where items are first put on the C.E. Vendor then after a few months go to the VIP vendor. Maybe some select items for each store. Is this a reasonable and feasible option? Us C.E. holders feel kinda forgotten.

Any thoughts in possibly eliminating the back tracking on taxis? i really hate when i need to go right on the map but i am taken left and around a building, then it takes four rights then a left before i arrive. its a pain when you come to a new world and are not fimilat with the route, thus taking a four minute speeder ride to a location that you can get to with a lvl 50 speeder in 90 seconds.