The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When noobs attack!!!

UGLYMRJ

Voidstar, we attack. I wrote in chat "everyone go right". The match start and I am the only one who goes right! After saying to myself "what the..." I realize I was going left side. Some teammates, seeing me going left decide to backtrack and follow me. End result... total destruction.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitting Undying Rage at the start by accident

Not having throw huttball on a new alt bound to key

Not knowing break the Marauder stealth early to catch ball

Having spells on wrong slot after respeccing.

Playing my assasin like my sorc for like 2mins not realising I'd switched over.

Pulling friendly into a fire due to mistimed 180 mid air jump pull

Hitting vanish when holding the ball 1metre away from scoring.

Seen people run the wrong way in huttball with most of the team yelling at them.

I have seen the same person on the edge of the pit shooting down while the ball carrier jumps to them 3 times in 1 match.

I have been guilty of trying to time the burn time of the fire pits and failing. I end up just jumping into the fire and then having it shut off right after it kills me or brings me to almost no health. lol

Was in a 5vs8 civil war where the 5 won with a 3 cap. Bout shat myself on that one. We had 4 in the middle and 1 guarding our left side. We abandonded our right side after we took it. The other team just came at us one or 2 at a time to the middle for the rest of the game. Right as we would finish off on person, another would rush in.

Have made even good players look like noobs by using the "oh look at the sorc backpeddal then keybard turn to run away" bait method in voidstar. Its like pouring bloody fish in a shark tank, they can't resist.

Three newb marauders fresh off the FotM bus all force leaped to me only to have my Juggernaut hit all three for 7k each. They all vanished on me. A few seconds later they all pop back up on me. They should have ran, because now my smash is off cooldown again. My only 3-in-1 kill not using a trap or bridge.

Have made even good players look like noobs by using the "oh look at the sorc backpeddal then keybard turn to run away" bait method in voidstar. Its like pouring bloody fish in a shark tank, they can't resist.

I will tauntingly keyboard turn when I know I can 1v1 someone as well. People have gotten so mad they have logged on alts to call me names in whispers lol.

I promise you... if you keyboard turn a few times and then proceed to own their face in the process, they won't be able to stand it. They will come back to you over and over again leaving the protection of their teammates and the start ignoring objectives.

I highly recommend this

Easy one.

I have started Huttballs on alts without binding the "Pass Huttball" in the first game before.

I have been very well defending/baiting a node in Alderaan by hiding on the stairs only to have a stealther ninja-cap it behind me.

I have called the wrong direction (east west) in Voidstar more than once

I have called the wrong direction (east west) on nodes while playing an "opposing faction"-alt in Civil War.

I have tried to interrupt, only to discover my interrupt-key had become unbound.

Edited by Veniras

A few weeks ago a guy ran teh huttball the wrong way.. we all were in chat saying "Wrong way!" "Wrong Way"! . He then died and they scored as I guess he didnt read chat. The game was 4-4 and we lost 4-5. It was a comeback from 0-4. :(

I used to think noob..now I think oh right he's friends with players on the other side...the noob argument is getting old on this one.

Thats easy!

- People who think gear makes them better ->players<-

- People who say "left" and "right" instead of "east" and "west". <- #1 funniest kinda nerbs, because they fail to understand such basic stuff, and are often really aggro about how ubar pro supra leet they consider themselves.

- That guy i saw in another thread saying "pvp tanking". That was fun.

- People who reply with their valor rank when asked about pvp experience. (whaddya mean theres been other games than TOR to pvp in?!)

I could go on, but really shouldnt :p

EDIT: Okay just one more! This one practically -screaaaaams- nerb.

Talent matters;

In particular that rare Talent that allows a player to get over themselves and actually help and encourage others.

Edited by Narflar
too funny to leave out

I was in a pre-50 queue yesterday as my telekinesis specced consular and had four imps focus on a guardian while I forcequake spammed them to death. Easiest multitarget kill ever.

I was lvl 47 playing my sentinel I saw 4 ppl on a door at rhe begginning of a voidstar. My team went right I went left. I killed all 4 of them capped the door.

A lvl 47 OP class killing 4 lvl 10s? Thats sad and not funny.

• 1 year later...

Some time ago, me and some other guy were able to cap a voidstar door while I was on my jugg tank specced. He capped, I used my aoe cc on the 3 guys that were there, waited 2 secs. Force choked one, b*tchslapped the 2nd and pushed away the 3rd.

Door capped :p

Edited by Jorojus

I had a brainfart and ran the whole way to the wrong end zone and was upset that I had the ball but there was no score. I thought it was a bug or server lag! I finally figured it out, tossed the ball to the ground safely to reset it, force sped back to mid where there was a huge firefight but no one had gone for the ball so I got the ball, force sped out of there and made it half way to the enemy line before I started taking hits so I passed it to a mara and healed/buffed her all the way to the end zone but we both died moments before she would have scored. *phew*

Went from total screw up to almost-redemption in under two minutes. We won three to zero so no harm no foul. I was in the end-zone assisting on two of the scores, including purging roots off the ball carrier on the fire traps. On the next Huttball match, I scored twice, assisted in other scores and got voted MVP. All in one night. I love this game!

We all make noob mistakes from time to time. ;)

I love my Razer Naga. Today I accidently threw a ball away at their endzone. Which made us lose :(

Gotta love MMO mouses :D