There is no fun in losing 100% of the time....

LFDUVEZ

This is a great analogy, I'll put it to you the same way you put it to me, the difference is, because of the 'gear advancement' that 'racer' is no longer starting at the same starting point as me. Because of that advancement of his, he is now able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me because I lost. then with his next advancement he gets to start at 10 paces ahead of me, sure, I can catch up, but it will almost be a 2 for 1 kind fo deal. In essence, that's whats happening in the game, and I believe that's what the OP is trying to state. Instead of that winner being able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me, giving him that head start, why not make it even?

Or, you could say that the other racer has better gear because he's been racing at this level for longer and his sponsors give him support through his gear. So, every time he wins he gets more money for gear. Fortunately, your sponsors aren't going to just dump you because he beats you, they just don't pay you quite as much. However the quality of the gear available to each of you is the same and is capped, so eventually there will be nothing he can do to stop you from having equal gear to his.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point, but as the poster above me stated, BM gear is ridiculously easy to obtain now compared to pre 1.2. As such, BW IS listening and trying to find that precarious perch between 'giving away' gear and making it an impossible grind. The problem with the OP is, while I understand and identify with his frustration, he is effectively coming across as Chicken Little by complaining about a problem that, frankly, is not nearly as catastrophic as he perceives it to be.

While 'start winning' isn't exactly a brilliant response to the OP, it is pretty much just as well thought out as his original complaint. The amount of time it takes to get into BM gear (or :eek: augmented crafted BM gear) is ridiculously short in MMO terms and the difference between BM and WL gear, while noticeable, is not anywhere close to game breaking. Even if you are losing repeatedly (which sucks and has happened to everyone at some point whether they admit it or not), commendation gains are good and it is very easy to hit that 8 medal benchmark. I think I share the sentiment with many that IF the OP were given all the gear that he is convinced is the key to closing the gap between himself and his tormenters, that he will be dismayed to discover that his W:L ratio is likely to not change significantly.

In regards to your population issues. Win or lose, the problem there is the number of pops. Out of your two warzones, I doubt the winners benefited much more than the losers.

I agree with you, I also believe there are many other 'factors' to the pvp win/loss, such as premades and the afk'ers, and so on. Armor is not everything especially with recruit gear being decent and easy to get...if you have the credits. And your also right, I'm sure they didn't benefit much either, but they did benefit in the daily, where they where able to steamroll their way into two very easy wins because of the 4/8 and the 6/8 teams, meanwhile, I still hold yesterday's daily with zero wins in it and two losses. Gotta get back to work, have fun on the forums :)

This is a great analogy, I'll put it to you the same way you put it to me, the difference is, because of the 'gear advancement' that 'racer' is no longer starting at the same starting point as me. Because of that advancement of his, he is now able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me because I lost. then with his next advancement he gets to start at 10 paces ahead of me, sure, I can catch up, but it will almost be a 2 for 1 kind fo deal. In essence, that's whats happening in the game, and I believe that's what the OP is trying to state. Instead of that winner being able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me, giving him that head start, why not make it even?

Back to the game, you can make it even, if they introduce cross server correctly. By matching players up on the que's to make the team as one runner, like those hand off runner's. where one person might be weak, you have another that compensates. But the oposing team will have the same deficit, instead of them all being strong runners, they will have to have some weak runners as well to make it even.

A warzone match is a step. Faster runners take steps faster. The end of the race is the end of the gear grind. Every new tier of gear is a new race. You need to stop treating every warzone like the beginning and the end of the competition. You have a persistent character. You went through 50 levels, where you acquired datacrons, and gear, and new skills. War hero gear was released for everyone at the exact same time, and the previous set of gear trivialized. The ground gets evened regularly. You simply should not be crying in the middle of the race that he is ahead of you. He outpaced you BEFORE that fact, and is being rewarded for it.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Thank you for changing the daily PVP.

Yet the problem behind this remains the same.

NO COMMENT from Bioware is even more worrying... and the problem worsen:

1) Better geared = more medals (THEY DO NOT SCALE................. why????)

2) The loser gets gear slower

3) The winner gets gear faster.... and the more he gets gear the MORE he gets medals (meaning more gear, etc...)

VICIOUS circle pattern. Recognized???

Losing all the time REGARDLESS if we get medals / commendation = NOT FUN.

I am and several others are losing interest. No comment from "official sources" DOES NOT HELP either. :(

I have the base recruit gear...and 75% of the time I max out medals.....so number 1 is invalid, which makes number 2 and 3 invalid. And atleast half my matches are losses since there's a Republic guild on our server that uses a premade and they faceroll anyone thats not a premade.

Edited by Kindara

I agree with the people that have said that a ranking or matchmaking system will help make things better for everyone.

I have had good and bad runs in PvP at 50 AND at 1-49. My 50 only has 2 pieces of BM gear anyway. I really don't think the gear makes THAT much of a difference in the end.

Some people are just BAD at PvP. It would be to everyone's benefit if people were matched against others at the same skill level. I for one hate getting my face rolled in warzones. I find rolling over weak opposition very boring. The best games are those that are close or where the tables turn.

Sure Premades are tough but only because good players tend to group up into premades.

what we need is cross server queing and a matchmaking system

Single white female Jedi on American Server seeks: Tall dark and well endowed Sith Lord on Europeon Server to beat me into submission, on a daily basis! JK

I play WZ's in groups and solo, and on both factions. On all 4 scenarios I don't have issues winning. Don't win all the time, but I certainly don't lose 100% of the time.

The problem is with you, not with the game.

Yep. I rerolled an operative (my main is a scoundrel) because I got sick of facerolling imps all the time. Got to level 50, and topped the charts on my operative in recruit gear, and win more than half the time still. Oh, and this is solo queueing.

Oh, so winning is only based on gear now? Hmm, what happened to skill, strategy, and working as a team? I didn't see that getting taken out in the last patch notes. : )

Some people have bad streaks because of always running against a good premade team, but if you're losing 100% of the time it's probably because I see you and leave the warzone ASAP. I need skilled and experienced people, not geared people. Gear will come. Gear doesn't automatically make you kill people. Your strategies kill people and get you wins. In fact, knowing when not to kill someone is important, yet counterproductive for gaining medals (aka don't kill people in Huttball if you're about to score, and you aren't near their goal line, you just teleported someone to help support their cause.)

Anyways, KCCO.

Oh, so winning is only based on gear now? Hmm, what happened to skill, strategy, and working as a team? I didn't see that getting taken out in the last patch notes. : )

Some people have bad streaks because of always running against a good premade team, but if you're losing 100% of the time it's probably because I see you and leave the warzone ASAP. I need skilled and experienced people, not geared people. Gear will come. Gear doesn't automatically make you kill people. Your strategies kill people and get you wins. In fact, knowing when not to kill someone is important, yet counterproductive for gaining medals (aka don't kill people in Huttball if you're about to score, and you aren't near their goal line, you just teleported someone to help support their cause.)

Anyways, KCCO.

Completely disagree with that bolded part. I love when they spawn and I can leap to them to score. Killing off people in mid also allows your team to control mid and grab the ball after every score. This will steamroll into easy winning for your side.

Like many have said to the OP, you can't reverse the situation and reward losing players more than the winning ones with medals/comms/gear etc.

The best solution to this issue in my opinion is to deny the ability for pre mades to play with solo queuers. Aside from pre-mades you should be able to win PUG WZs more than 0% of the time...

Move premades to a restricted 8v8 or 2xgroups of 4 format.

Just my opinion.

Like many have said to the OP, you can't reverse the situation and reward losing players more than the winning ones with medals/comms/gear etc.

The best solution to this issue in my opinion is to deny the ability for pre mades to play with solo queuers. Aside from pre-mades you should be able to win PUG WZs more than 0% of the time...

Move premades to a restricted 8v8 or 2xgroups of 4 format.

Just my opinion.

If only it was fair more when going against an organized group. Seriously, it isn't fun at all plain and simple. I am sure the "winners", those that have a brain, know this too.

Also, the "daily" PVP took forever before and is now "less" long.... but can still be.

Simple maths: 15 minutes per warzone. If you are unlucky and go against premades then you are bound to have to play at least 1h30 to "finish" a daily.

Please compare this with "that other" game and see where something went wrong. Make more than 1 daily / weekly for PVP? So many ideas can come with the medals system (depending on your class etc...).

But yeah, my main point remains the same and losing against a premade almost all the time sucks really bad (you can tell when you see "those names" as soon as it starts).

That's on my server and I guess it may not apply all the time but quite frankly I and others are getting fed up about it. "Soon" there won't be any opponents for the opposite team!

I loved this game. Nowadays... not so much. I really wish I did though but it sometimes feels like no one is listening.

Edited by LFDUVEZ
missed a word... its late going to bed now

3) The winner gets gear faster.... and the more he gets gear the MORE he gets medals (meaning more gear, etc...)

I am and several others are losing interest. No comment from "official sources" DOES NOT HELP either. :(

The real "vicious circle" is that you spend months earning your gear only for it to be made basically free, and then a new set comes along.

Just unsub, it's clear BW doesn't know or have the resources to balance the game across classes and across the gear warfare.

I am waiting for GW2.

Even if I won EVERY warzone match, it would still be the broken, awful, boring pvp experience BW has face planted on. Ilum, 1.2, etc. Need more nails for the coffin?

iknowrite. Because peeps solo-queuing should just be able to PUG it up, have instant chemistry with all their teammates in the match, regardless of experience and level of communication, and faceroll their way to victory. I have a feeling the OP plays on a PvE server anyway. Most of these whiny QQ and nerf threads are all started by carebears for the most part that pretend to be PvPers.

The answer to the problem has been the same answer it was at EGA. Until BW makes a distinction between premades/solos in the queue, create your own kick azz premade and own face. The real difficulty for these whiners is that most of them are just bad, can't get anyone to group with them because they are bad, and just end up wallowing in their fail.