There is no fun in losing 100% of the time....

LFDUVEZ

Thank you for changing the daily PVP.

Yet the problem behind this remains the same.

NO COMMENT from Bioware is even more worrying... and the problem worsen:

1) Better geared = more medals (THEY DO NOT SCALE................. why????)

2) The loser gets gear slower

3) The winner gets gear faster.... and the more he gets gear the MORE he gets medals (meaning more gear, etc...)

VICIOUS circle pattern. Recognized???

Losing all the time REGARDLESS if we get medals / commendation = NOT FUN.

I am and several others are losing interest. No comment from "official sources" DOES NOT HELP either. :(

People will always make excuses as to why they are losing. The first resort is usually "they have better gear than me" or "they are getting better gear than me so i'll never win".

In almost every case the true reason is down to the individual player, and his constant attempt to excuse his/her own lack of skill. Losing 100% of the time? Get better.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If implemented properly it could. Any group that queues more than 2 people at once should go into one pool, any group that queues 2 or solo should go into another. Seems fairly simple to me. Your 8 man team might be composed of double 4 mans from different servers while my pug might be pulled from mostly solo queuers with a couple of duos sprinkled in there.

Now, that would NOT work same server for obvious reasons (on many servers there's only one team running at a time anyhow) but if cross server gets here fast there's no reason the above couldn't function.

That said, I often underestimate the cheap tricks premades will go to in order to ensure they're matched against pugs instead of equal opponents in games of this kind. =/

Also, I don't believe BW will actually implement it this way.

Good points :cool:

3) The winner gets gear faster.... and the more he gets gear the MORE he gets medals (meaning more gear, etc...)

I am and several others are losing interest. No comment from "official sources" DOES NOT HELP either. :(

You can't really be that bad that you lose that much. If so just think how others feel when you join their wz. I would personally never q if you were on if there was a chance you could get in my wz if you are that bad.

the best would be to adjust gear... maybe bm is only 0,5 % better than recruit in stats and warhero 0,5% better than bm...

and ppl couldn't complain bout gear, it would,be only cosmetic and design aspect to have better gear...

and balance some classes, like PT and Mara and thats all, ppl pay subscription again

i could not have said it better, the premades basically have me no longer que'ing up and i have temporarilly retired from pvp. the only thing that will get me to come out of retirement is:

1. cross server pvp que's.

2. seperate the solo que'ers from the premade que'ers, most likely when they release the 8 man rated wz's.

if i que up i am the one guilty of feeding the lion and making him / her stronger. why should i help them get their gear faster and be left spinning my wheels in the mud taking 2 times if not 3 times as long.

Well, because your data is flawed, and you're just making it take longer for YOU to gear up. You get about 2/3 of the comms that the winning team gets. Valor does nothing anymore.

So no, your "spinning the wheels in the mud taking 2 if not 3 times as long" is flawed. The reward for the daily and weekly quests are a free match worth of comms (a good winning match is actually worth more comms), so you can't say their imagined loads and loads of extra commendations are coming from that.

Our player-base acting like drama queens and blatantly lying or not learning new mechanics is what's wrong with this game, not gear gaps or pre-mades.

It only takes a week or two of a few matches a day to get full Battlemaster gear, a lot less if you don't have a job and a family. If you get to Battlemaster gear, the gap is closed, and you can't blame the gear anymore. The people beating you are just a lot better.

Having to face the same team over and over is frustrating, happens to me now as well with the dwindling numbers of queuing, but this kind of backwards attitude you have is what's making queue times worse. People giving up on queuing because losing isn't fun is what's killing the PVP in this game.

Guess what? In every match, half the people lose. No competition allows everyone to win for participating, except public education, and nobody wins every time in anything. Stop being afraid of losing; sometimes losing makes you better if you learn lessons from it, and remember that BioWare is rewarding everyone as close to equally as possible for participating. They really can't make it any easier for you, there's barely any bonus for winning over losing anymore.

Edited by AstralProjection

Even with recruit gear only, you should be able to get 8 medals.

Bioware can do nothing about your skill level. What do you expect them to do? give you free War Hero gear because you lose all your games? No.

This is a L2P issue

Imps outnumber pubs on my server, HOWEVER, pubs are in premades almost 100% of the time- they very rarelly solo queue while imps solo too often even if I'm with a premade, the other 4 members are random dummies- so 1 premade and 4 randoms vs 2 premades. In this particular case, it's extremely hard to win against republics, against other imps in huttball or voidstar the chance is better or 50%.

And I only play at least 3 hours a day, I've gone several days or even weeks without being able to complete my DAILY and I've had a weekly for a month. Now queue times are almost non-existent before 4pm EST when I have my days off, I've gone 3+ hours without a queue pop up in the morning because there's only 6 people on the fleet.

I'm glad that now I can at least finish my BM gear grind because Bioware decided to sh** on my champion gear that I worked for pre 1.2.

Edited by Sookster

Imps outnumber pubs on my server, HOWEVER, pubs are in premades almost 100% of the time- they very rarelly solo queue while imps solo too often even if I'm with a premade, the other 4 members are random dummies- so 1 premade and 4 randoms vs 2 premades. In this particular case, it's extremely hard to win against republics, against other imps in huttball or voidstar the chance is better or 50%.

And I only play at least 3 hours a day, I've gone several days or even weeks without being able to complete my DAILY and I've had a weekly for a month. Now queue times are almost non-existent before 4pm EST when I have my days off, I've gone 3+ hours without a queue pop up in the morning because there's only 6 people on the fleet.

I'm glad that now I can at least finish my BM gear grind because Bioware decided to sh** on my champion gear that I worked for pre 1.2.

I envy your reps. On my server I asked several times if there are any people for premades or even a PvP guild but nothing. Seems like the majority is in Operations and Flashpoints.

OP is right but Bioware would rather keep its head stuck in the sand.

OP isn't right... Bioware can do nothing for you if you lose all the time. Do you want stat buffs for losing matches or something? Better rewards for losing? If you lose all the time now, gear won't change anything. Its not like its hard to get full BM anyway.

Ask yourself this, how much Open World PvP have you seen since they first made warzones count towards the Illum daily/weekly and then removed said quests altogether? I'll answer for you, little and then even less.

Now ask yourself this, why? I'll answer that too. Because first, the only place you could get rewarded for Open World PvP was Illum and then even that was removed. So, lack of incentive effectively removed 99.9% of the Open World PvP from the game.

Third question, what do you think will happen if they listen to your QQ and not only REMOVE the incentive to PvP, but REVERSE it? This one I'll let intelligent folks answer for themselves.

Also, before you jump in asking me if I worked for my gear blah blah blah, I'll tell you that yes I did (as much as anything in this game can be called work). I solo que'd a ridiculous amount until recently and am pretty much the only DPS vanguard (read : high dps, low survivability) on a med-low pop server where the Imps outnumber us AND have 3-4 common geared out premades. My DPS and squishiness combined with my lack of heal support usually made me a very popular target. I hit valor 60 a month and a half before 1.2 came out (maybe more), didn't get full battlemaster until I hit 75 about a week after 1.2, AND suffered through BW's horridly lazy programming that nerfed my modded BM gear expertise (I actually repurchased 3 pieces of BM gear to get my expertise back in line).

Thus far in warzones, the only people who I decimate completely are the ones who refuse to even purchase recruit gear, though recruit won't buy you much more time. The fact is recruit gear is not a bad 'buffer' for you to use for the relatively short time until you hit 50 and have BM gear given to you practically for free.

@OP

if you were winning and getting the same reward as the loser you'd be complaining that you aren't being rewarded for winning.

you can't be pleased. "oh i lose why shouldn't i get a better reward, oh why are losers getting the same reward as us when we are winning"

better reward for winning makes 100% perfect sense. quit the QQ

THIS is absolute truth. why anyone disagrees or says theres any problem with the gear thing, is full of it. Only people losing want equal footing. If i hear 1 skilled, geared player say they want the losers to be equal to them, they are lieing. Call that statement b/s and your full of it.

OP isn't right... Bioware can do nothing for you if you lose all the time. Do you want stat buffs for losing matches or something? Better rewards for losing? If you lose all the time now, gear won't change anything. Its not like its hard to get full BM anyway.

No, but what I do want is to start a *********** warzone with even groups to give us a fair chance at wining. between the hours of 8:30pm and midnight on my server we had two warzone pop up only, one started at 4 against 8, the second was a 6 against 8, both times the 8 where premades. How about a system that will only allow 4 of those 8 players through into the warzone to keep it at a fair 4 against 4. you think people like to have their *** handed to them? you think this is fun? grow up and be considerate for those with imbalanced servers that do not wish to quite the game and are trying to have their voices heard by BW so they can do something about the imbalance and the problems.

No, but what I do want is to start a *********** warzone with even groups to give us a fair chance at wining. between the hours of 8:30pm and midnight on my server we had two warzone pop up only, one started at 4 against 8, the second was a 6 against 8, both times the 8 where premades. How about a system that will only allow 4 of those 8 players through into the warzone to keep it at a fair 4 against 4. you think people like to have their *** handed to them? you think this is fun? grow up and be considerate for those with imbalanced servers that do not wish to quite the game and are trying to have their voices heard by BW so they can do something about the imbalance and the problems.

Your complaint is pretty much completely unrelated to the OP's complaint, and is IMHO much more valid. My question is, will a warzone pop 6v8 or is it 6v8 because 2 people hit 'leave que' when they got the pop? If it will only pop if 8 people for each team are in que, then what would be a viable solution to players who drop out?

Food for another thread.

.........but the new daily doesnt even encourage people to win like the previous daily....thats why youre losing.

This thread is stupid. The OP basically ask for more reward to the losers since he thinks the winners get rewards are wrong. What will happen if losers start getting more medals and rewards? People would suddenly starts to lose on purpose to get better rewards? How stupid is that?

Different then the OP, yes, I was throwing out my dilema out there, sorry. But the point that I was trying to make with the post was really that the OP is tired of loosing constantly. And I can relate to that because it happens constantly on my server. And the few times when we do win, it's normally when we are fighting other republics. The OP is trying to make his voice heard and hoping that BW is reading and wants to show how upset he is and that instead of posting I'm leaving the game, he's posting to please fix it because I don't want to leave the game. People coming in here with stupid remarks like, don't lose just win, doesn't help and is not constructive. It only brings out the bashing and loses the focus of the thread because of the bashing. Like we are here right now. This game has problems and with BW's silence, we don't know if they are even bothering with reading about their problems or if they are just trying to ride the 'star wars' name into making money because of the name's fame. I'm sure if BW was more interactive with us you would see less threads of people complaining about the same thing. I apologize to the OP for sidetracking his thread.

This thread is stupid. The OP basically ask for more reward to the losers since he thinks the winners get rewards are wrong. What will happen if losers start getting more medals and rewards? People would suddenly starts to lose on purpose to get better rewards? How stupid is that?

The OP is not asking for more rewards. Read his post. he's talking about the imbalance the reward system is creating. WIth the current system, depending on your server (i'll use mine where imps outnumber rebs) the imps normally win more then the reb's do. because of this, they gear up faster then the reb's. because they are gearing up faster with better gear, that means it's harder for the loosing side to actually get a win because they are trying to play catchup on the armor. The OP, seems to me, is asking for a balance check to give the loosing side a fair chance. He's not asking for more rewards for loosing, please read his post, he is only stating the obvious, the side that normally wins gears up faster, and because they geared up faster then the other side, beating them is that much harder, thus an imbalance.

A solution to this would be making PVP gear available through quests or some other sort of route instead of warzone wins. Just an idea to be constructive although I personally do not like that idea since I hate questing, did enough of that in EQ.

Battlemaster gear is insanely easy to get now. Quit making excuses...I just got full BM on my Marauder in 3 days of playing. And the stat disparity from Battlemaster to War Hero gear extremely small.

in three day's? Where do you guys get these numbers from? Or is it that you don't work or go to school? I work, and twice a week have nightschool, I have kids, I only get to play at night normally 2 to 3 hours tops, since 1.2 went live I have managed to get all battlemaster except for one piece that I will hopefully be able to get tonight. Don't know what you guys are doing to get it in three days. you must be in a high populated server, like I said, only two warzones poped for me last night in two and half hours.

Think of it like a race.

If somebody was a faster runner, half way through the race they are farther ahead. That is, for the distance remaining, they have an easier time beating you. You will have to compensate for your previous failure to keep pace if you want to win. That's just how a race works. But don't fear. When the winner reaches the finish line, even if you lose, you will have an opportunity to catch up. Until the next race, anyway, where you'll have to worry about him outpacing you again.

Different then the OP, yes, I was throwing out my dilema out there, sorry. But the point that I was trying to make with the post was really that the OP is tired of loosing constantly. And I can relate to that because it happens constantly on my server. And the few times when we do win, it's normally when we are fighting other republics. The OP is trying to make his voice heard and hoping that BW is reading and wants to show how upset he is and that instead of posting I'm leaving the game, he's posting to please fix it because I don't want to leave the game. People coming in here with stupid remarks like, don't lose just win, doesn't help and is not constructive. It only brings out the bashing and loses the focus of the thread because of the bashing. Like we are here right now. This game has problems and with BW's silence, we don't know if they are even bothering with reading about their problems or if they are just trying to ride the 'star wars' name into making money because of the name's fame. I'm sure if BW was more interactive with us you would see less threads of people complaining about the same thing. I apologize to the OP for sidetracking his thread.

I see your point, but as the poster above me stated, BM gear is ridiculously easy to obtain now compared to pre 1.2. As such, BW IS listening and trying to find that precarious perch between 'giving away' gear and making it an impossible grind. The problem with the OP is, while I understand and identify with his frustration, he is effectively coming across as Chicken Little by complaining about a problem that, frankly, is not nearly as catastrophic as he perceives it to be.

While 'start winning' isn't exactly a brilliant response to the OP, it is pretty much just as well thought out as his original complaint. The amount of time it takes to get into BM gear (or :eek: augmented crafted BM gear) is ridiculously short in MMO terms and the difference between BM and WL gear, while noticeable, is not anywhere close to game breaking. Even if you are losing repeatedly (which sucks and has happened to everyone at some point whether they admit it or not), commendation gains are good and it is very easy to hit that 8 medal benchmark. I think I share the sentiment with many that IF the OP were given all the gear that he is convinced is the key to closing the gap between himself and his tormenters, that he will be dismayed to discover that his W:L ratio is likely to not change significantly.

In regards to your population issues. Win or lose, the problem there is the number of pops. Out of your two warzones, I doubt the winners benefited much more than the losers.

Edited by Sporticus

Think of it like a race.

If somebody was a faster runner, half way through the race they are farther ahead. That is, for the distance remaining, they have an easier time beating you. You will have to compensate for your previous failure to keep pace if you want to win. That's just how a race works. But don't fear. When the winner reaches the finish line, even if you lose, you will have an opportunity to catch up. Until the next race, anyway, where you'll have to worry about him outpacing you again.

This is a great analogy, I'll put it to you the same way you put it to me, the difference is, because of the 'gear advancement' that 'racer' is no longer starting at the same starting point as me. Because of that advancement of his, he is now able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me because I lost. then with his next advancement he gets to start at 10 paces ahead of me, sure, I can catch up, but it will almost be a 2 for 1 kind fo deal. In essence, that's whats happening in the game, and I believe that's what the OP is trying to state. Instead of that winner being able to start the race 5 paces ahead of me, giving him that head start, why not make it even?

Back to the game, you can make it even, if they introduce cross server correctly. By matching players up on the que's to make the team as one runner, like those hand off runner's. where one person might be weak, you have another that compensates. But the oposing team will have the same deficit, instead of them all being strong runners, they will have to have some weak runners as well to make it even.