Augmented War hero Gear - CONFUSED

MikadoWu

Ok I have to admit being somewhat confused on the Crafted War Hero Gear. I see this post all over.

Consider that with War Hero gear you can keep the set bonus and move it to augmented gear getting extra stats, whereas with BM you lose your set bonus or you lose the extra stats from augments.

Do I understand this correctly?

I purchase War Hero Gear, then pull the mods out of it and place them in the Crafted gear so I can take advantage of the Augments?

Ok I have to admit being somewhat confused on the Crafted War Hero Gear. I see this post all over.

Consider that with War Hero gear you can keep the set bonus and move it to augmented gear getting extra stats, whereas with BM you lose your set bonus or you lose the extra stats from augments.

Do I understand this correctly?

I purchase War Hero Gear, then pull the mods out of it and place them in the Crafted gear so I can take advantage of the Augments?

I don't know if it's a bug or not but when I did this I lost my set bonus. Some people say theirs worked and some say it didn't. I decided to try one custom orange with augment slot that was one of the five set pieces. It hasn't been the same since. I may get the bonus and don't even know it because it's greyed out in the tooltip. I still have four pieces of BM and WH for the set but to no avail. I can't get it to acknowledge the set anymore.

You don't need to put it in augmented war hero gear. The armoring is what gives it the set value, not the shell itself. I wear augmented Consular stuff because nobody else wears it at 50 so I look unique. With the unify chest piece option it actually looks pretty snazzy too.

Hey.

I hope BW won't make the same idea of how you buy next tier gear after WH.

I mean like when you have to have the BM gear to buy the WH, cause I already put the WH mods in crafted gear with Augments, and I thrown away the original WH gear (I mean i took out the mods, and thrown out the Robe etc.), which I bought.

So I hope BW won't make the next tier after WH, cost:

1 WH Robe and 3200 ranked comms, cause when I put the WH mods inside the crafted gear, I casted the Robe etc. away.

That... was probably a mistake

I concur. Given that it's how you bought the War Hero gear in the first place, surely there was a clue in that?

I really don't understand why BW didn't put a set bonus on the crafted Battlemaster shells though, since Battlemaster armouring doesn't carry the set bonus... it makes them near worthless unless you don't consider the set bonus of any use.

Edited by Ancaglon

I concur. Given that it's how you bought the War Hero gear in the first place, surely there was a clue in that?

I really don't understand why BW didn't put a set bonus on the crafted Battlemaster shells though, since Battlemaster armouring doesn't carry the set bonus... it makes them near worthless unless you don't consider the set bonus of any use.

If you are really worried have someone craft you another piece and just keep it in your inventory. The game doesnt know the difference if it was earned with Comms or purchased.

Me personally, I removed my War Hero mods from my stalker chest piece and reverse engineered the War Hero robe.

Hey.

I hope BW won't make the same idea of how you buy next tier gear after WH.

I mean like when you have to have the BM gear to buy the WH, cause I already put the WH mods in crafted gear with Augments, and I thrown away the original WH gear (I mean i took out the mods, and thrown out the Robe etc.), which I bought.

So I hope BW won't make the next tier after WH, cost:

1 WH Robe and 3200 ranked comms, cause when I put the WH mods inside the crafted gear, I casted the Robe etc. away.

Lol they most likely will. You might want a gm to restore those pieces you destroyed...

For BM gear, the set bonus is attached to the shell itself.

For WH gear, the set bonus is attached to the Armor mod.

Has anyone here tried putting WH armoring of one set into a BM shell of another set to get both bonuses? I wonder if that'd work...

Am I wrong, is the set bonus for BM gear the same as the WH gear so as not to lose the bonus as you upgrade piece by piece? if so, that's disappointing to know there really is not a huge difference between the two sets except a few stats.

Woah so let me get this straight. Those augmented BM pieces Ive been crafting will do nothing for me ... if I pull the mods out of the original BM and put them in my crafted pieces I will lose the set bonuses? Awesome.

Augmented BM gear is no different to any other augmented, crafted gear. It's been made very clear since before 1.2 hit that only the new, WH & Campaign, gear would have a transferable set bonus. Keep the augmented BM gear if you like the look for when you earn your WH gear and then you'll get the augments and set bonus,

Augmented BM gear is no different to any other augmented, crafted gear. It's been made very clear since before 1.2 hit that only the new, WH & Campaign, gear would have a transferable set bonus. Keep the augmented BM gear if you like the look for when you earn your WH gear and then you'll get the augments and set bonus,

Yeah, the WH gear shell with augment is same as BM gear shell with augment. With WH mods in augmented BM gear you have the same gear, aka the "best gear" and you still keep the look, cause most WH gear looks like ****.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the armoring from each piece of War hero gear interchangeable? By this I mean will you still receive the set bonus if you, lets say, buy 4 pairs of war hero gloves and use the mods from those? Or do you specifically need each individual piece of gear in order to receive the set bonus when transferring armoring. Edited by Mugsybugs