Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

Pro's of Recruit gear:

~ You gain 10% damage increase in PvP

~ you gain 10% damage reduction in PvP

~ You gain 7% increase in healing received in PvP

Cons:

~ You loose 2k HP

~ You loose 1-2k Primary stat (If geared with 50 mods, You actually gain some primary stat if wearing corellia armor)

Pros of wearing PvE gear in a WZ:

.. There are none

Cons of PvE gear in a WZ:

~ You take anywhere from 10 - 30% more damage from players

~ Your damage against enemy players can get reduced anywhere from 10-30%

~ You gain no bonus in healing received

Add to cons of recruit gear:

It costs 330k roughly, and you buy it with the intention of getting rid of it ASAP.

You're only going to wear it for like 3-5 days, and only in PVP matches.

So say it takes 5 days (took me 3 to get all BM, but 2 were on a weekend) at 15 matches/day averaging 10min/match. That's 330k for gear youre going to wear for 12-13 hours total. So you can die in 6 seconds as opposed to 3. Nah...

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And believe it or not, there are players who have no knowledge of PvP in this game. They aren't trying to be rude, they just got involved in the story. When they finished that, they started looking for something new to do. They go into PvP not knowing there is a full set of recruit gear they can get.

And how would they know? The game doesn't tell you this. Other players don't either, instead they call you names and tell you to get out of the WZ.

Yeah. Bet they know better now.

This elitist crap is exactly why you don't have enough people to PvP with. Calling someone a bad because they are learning the game, couldn't afford the gear or whatever. People just throw that word around. It's the new noob. People just call anyone who makes a mistake a bad. Whatever. The only bad player is the one who refuses to teach. The one who likes to sit back and whine about things without trying to make a difference.

So, if not being like you makes me a bad, I am proud to be. I would rather be a bad than an elitist punk who thinks his poo don't stink. So, go ahead and have your little whine fest and berate the other players around you. When you are sitting all alone because no one wants to PvP with people who have that attitude, you can come back here and cry about that too.

People just want to have fun. And if you must take this game so seriously...maybe you should seek some therapy, your issues go far beyond losing a PvP match.

Rebuttal:

If you don't wanna be surrounded by undergeared ineffective teammates, then don't join the warzones. (bet you sure don't mind playing against them though do ya?)

They would rather wait longer, then get a 10 minute discount only to be surrounded by WH geared players who are just going to blame their losses on them.

I do hear the tears of cost in this game, because people who actually PVP a lot, hit 50 LONG before their class/planet dailies can net them anywhere near 150-200k. And they shouldn't have to jump ahead in their story to help you in a WZ. So again they are faced with the question: Do I spend 6 hours PVE'ing to get gear so I can spend 6 hours PVP'ing to get BM gear, or do I just spend 7 hours PVP'ing and go right to the BM gear?

See what I did there, I am saying that what you want is no more important than what someone else wants.

Furthermore, of the two sides, you are the only one's making demands of someone else. So in fact what you want is LESS important because you're asking someone to do something FOR YOU. (Don't pretend for a second you care about the gaming experience of these undergeared players)

But wait, aren't they asking us to carry them in WZs? Well I suppose if you were capable of carrying undergeared players, you'd be winning more and complaining less...

This. Exactly this, and absolutely this.

And _Zorth_?

So let me get this straight... NOT ONLY do you want people to have a sort of mandatory set of gear in order to even ENTER a level 50 WZ, but upon hearing any number of the various reasons people can't, don't, or won't have said set, now... Now you actually want them to have TWO sets of armor to accomodate you?????

Again, are you people even hearing yourselves?!! Dude! If it's too much for whatever reason for people to get one set of armor, what in the absolute holy mother of PvP in MMOs makes you think they'll even THINK about screwing around with getting TWO ENTIRELY SEPERATE SETS?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAAHAAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Ah, the gamer in me thinks you're crazy, but the sociopath in me LOVES you!!

And believe it or not, there are players who have no knowledge of PvP in this game. They aren't trying to be rude, they just got involved in the story. When they finished that, they started looking for something new to do. They go into PvP not knowing there is a full set of recruit gear they can get.

And how would they know? The game doesn't tell you this. Other players don't either, instead they call you names and tell you to get out of the WZ.

Yeah. Bet they know better now.

This elitist crap is exactly why you don't have enough people to PvP with. Calling someone a bad because they are learning the game, couldn't afford the gear or whatever. People just throw that word around. It's the new noob. People just call anyone who makes a mistake a bad. Whatever. The only bad player is the one who refuses to teach. The one who likes to sit back and whine about things without trying to make a difference.

So, if not being like you makes me a bad, I am proud to be. I would rather be a bad than an elitist punk who thinks his poo don't stink. So, go ahead and have your little whine fest and berate the other players around you. When you are sitting all alone because no one wants to PvP with people who have that attitude, you can come back here and cry about that too.

People just want to have fun. And if you must take this game so seriously...maybe you should seek some therapy, your issues go far beyond losing a PvP match.

And also this too. Staalker? Good sir, I salute you. Again 'litists, it's a game and same as you don't care about other people's thoughts or reasons on the matter, nobody's apologizing to you, 'cuz nobody cares about yours.

...two sets of armor. Thank you. I haven't laughed that hard since the very first time I saw "The Whole Nine Yards." I love you guys. I always get great laughs when I come to the PvP forums.

It's common knowledge to keep two sets of gear, one for PvE and one for PvP, given how the devs separate the gear progression for these two.

As for recruit gear requirement, I wouldn't go as far as having them as a requirement, but seriously coming in without any expertise and hoping to have fun? Masochist or saboteur?

Also:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=461931

Edited by Laksmanaya

It's common knowledge to keep two sets of gear, one for PvE and one for PvP, given how the devs separate the gear progression for these two.

As for recruit gear requirement, I wouldn't go as far as having them as a requirement, but seriously coming in without any expertise and hoping to have fun? Masochist or saboteur?

Also:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=461931

Without a equipment manager or /equipitem macros, I got tired of using two sets of gear. I put my pve gear on my companion and use my best pvp/pve combination on my toon. My dps use full bm/wh gear for pvp/pve. My heals uses full bm armour with pve gear for pvp/pve. My tank uses bm/columni for pvp/pve.

It costs 330k roughly, and you buy it with the intention of getting rid of it ASAP.

So say it takes 5 days (took me 3 to get all BM, but 2 were on a weekend) at 15 matches/day averaging 10min/match. That's 330k for gear youre going to wear for 12-13 hours total. So you can die in 6 seconds as opposed to 3. Nah...

You'll be wearing it longer then a few days, unless you plan on playing 8 hours a day, or play on the Fatman.

Besides, did it ever occur to some of you to cherry pick the recruit gear, if you're REALLY hard up on cash (which you shouldn't be).

Badly mistaken.

You can get recruit gear for free from the outlaw's den, A pvp area on tatooine. You would've found it if you would've done all the PvP quests in your log.

You'll also wear the recruit gear for much longer than 3-5 days, It's impossible to win every PvP game you play in under 10 minutes getting yourself 115 WZ comms per game if you are wearing PvE gear. A full Battlemaster set costs 12.475 WZ comms, I dare you to get together that many WZ comms in 3-5 days.

It also increases your damage dealt in PvP and healing received, Dying less often isn't it's only benefit. Still confused why you want BM gear at all if living 3 seconds longer is so pointless to you?

There are no oranges that outclass champ pieces, never were, because you would need them fully modded with cul mods to get even close, at which point you would still have an inferior armoring aswell as no set bonus or expertise. You dont have all stat options with orange gear, you miss the most important pvp stat, expertise. And modding a full orange gear at 50 is more of a waste of credits than getting a full recruit set for PvPing. Because there wont be an expertise stat on it and you just wasted the same or more credits upgrading inferior gear for PvPing. All you gain is a slight stat boost.

You still havent clarified which gear you used, I have no clue about the look of PvE gear, certainly not pub gear. You also compared your epic gear to recruit gear, not my champ gear.

You would still hit me for 10% less in PvP with all attacks, making your 1k extra HP obsolete. Fine you can go in with higher PvE gear, doesnt help your situation more than vs the worst pvp geared players, the ones in recruit. You are still dead meat vs any type of pvp gear above than, and vs most recruits.

150k vs 165k. No because those types of damage values make me laugh hard. Bad will still be bad, no matter the gear. It also ends up with you dying alot more because you die that much faster against everyone. You miss 16% extra abs for 1k more HP vs recruit gear. Then comes the BM gear and flatlines you in 2 seconds, while the recruit can atleast put up a fight. As a comparison, my merc aswell as PT, both pyro, pulled around 350k, or more at times in full recruit gear, besides weapons and relics at 50. My PT used the WH gun and my merc used two BM guns, rest was recruit gear. This is very easy to obtain directly after hitting 50. I didnt go out of my way to get the damage, I played objective based in all BGs. I picked all parts I could that added power to my gear fromt he recruit sets, wasnt very hard. Sadly not all classes have this option, some recruit gear is gimped, but expertise is still more important than other stats.

You just dont seem to get what a huge boost 18% extra damage and 16% extra abs is as a fresh player in PvP. It turns that 22% BM damage bonus into a 6% damage bonus and his 20% abs into 2% more abs. The biggest difference between recruit and BM comes down to the stats. But vs the PvE gear they will always have that 22%/20% edge over the PvE geared player, even if the PvE stats are slightly higher, it just wont make up for a 20% damage difference. For you dps to increase 20% above BM gear in PvP you would need astronomical stats on the gear.

Again, you didnt compare to my champ BM gear, where my sorc was lightyears ahead of you. I'm not gonna post the stats again. Next time, read through your posts before making things up as you go. You were 1k HPs ahead in PvE gear vs Recruit, which is in between champ gear and cent when it comes to stats/rating, but a wee bit higher expertise. I suspect you were wearing tio gear, roughly the same level as recruit gear and you fell behind 10% on damage.

Sorry for the long post, just posting what I have time for when I post, still very busy having fun in Diablo 3.

Also, since you seem to have no trouble with running around in orange modded gear in PvP, could you put one together and compare it to a recruit set so we can see that "huge" stat difference? Also, keep track of the price please for a full set.

It's stupid for you to even try to compare my sage to a tanksin. Why? Because spec matters, datacrons matter. I compared a sage in tio to a tanksin (does that 3% end increase help you out?)in recruit gear and the gap was 10% (which is NOTHING at this level)and you try to use it as justification. LOLWAT. Even versus your sorc, you can still be competent with that gear on (as my crit and surge are lightyears ahead of yours), and columi only makes the gap smaller.

All you need to do is go to the PvE vendor and add up the stats and see where you fall, but you too lazy to do that, so you ask me for more "proof" when I have shown a shiz ton of examples why expertise is moot tier for tier. Ill give you another tale of the tape, just to show you how narrow-minded your stance is...

Price? Did you ever do Ilim/Belsavis dailies? I guess not, otherwise you know that you can "buy" armor/mods/barrels for daily comms(free), get awarded mods/ehn from those same dailies(free), get guildies/friends to craft you stuff that you can't craft yourself(free), and get BiS relics/ear/implants from dailies(free). You're right, I don't have problems gearing an orange set and I didn't when I was at that level because the majority of the items to fill your oranges are FREE!!! Not only this, even if you don't have orange shells at LVL 50, spending your credits on augmented oranges at this point is a MUCH better investment because you can transfer all your BM/RAK/WH/BH stuff over and still get the aug slot available. How are you going to counter that?

How much does the recruit set cost again? 350K? So here is a progression. I am leveling a Jugg. I bought oranges @ lvl 15. I use them and swap arm/mods/enh via whatever means necessary (I'm a cyber BTW), then do 50 dailies until I replace them with lvl 50 epics, and que up for PvP. How much did I spend?

Recruit gear is for those who:

A. Don't raid/FP

B. Don't want to do dailies.

Can I raid/HM FP in recruit gear? Is there a significant difference between orange(50's) and recruit? Do you really need two sets to make a difference in PvP?

No, to all three.

So once again.

Orange(50's)~=Recruit

Edited by L-RANDLE

This. Exactly this, and absolutely this.

And _Zorth_?

So let me get this straight... NOT ONLY do you want people to have a sort of mandatory set of gear in order to even ENTER a level 50 WZ, but upon hearing any number of the various reasons people can't, don't, or won't have said set, now... Now you actually want them to have TWO sets of armor to accomodate you?????

All I care about is that everybody does their best to be helpful in PvP, If they come inside with PvE gear they are not helping their team at all and are not trying their best to be helpful. Don't care if you have 2 sets of armour or not, Was just trying to help a guy out because he said it was illogical to throw away his PvE gear for PvP play so I told him to put his PvE gear in his bag and use recruit gear while he's in WZ's then switch his gear set when he's doing PvE.

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

What kind of grades do I need to join the Gear Police?

Unless you don't value your time at all and just plan to lose your way to WH gear, the fact that winning increases the commendations you get should more than payoff the cost of Recruit gear. If you care about money that much just use the extra time you save to run dailys.

You can certainly do any non heroic quest in recruit gear fine, so no need to be swapping gear. I assume you're not going to be queuing up for WZ while in the middle of a FP or an Operation. If you've to worry about money for Recruit gear, I doubt you'll have the PvE gear to do the harder Heroic 2/4s solo, so you still don't need to be wearing PvE gear because you wouldn't be able to beat those anyway.

Meh...

I will spend my money on what I want to spend my money on. As I get the comms needed, gear is purchased... When you pay my 15 bucks, you can tell me what to spend it on!

It's stupid for you to even try to compare my sage to a tanksin. Why? Because spec matters, datacrons matter. I compared a sage in tio to a tanksin (does that 3% end increase help you out?)in recruit gear and the gap was 10% (which is NOTHING at this level)and you try to use it as justification. LOLWAT. Even versus your sorc, you can still be competent with that gear on (as my crit and surge are lightyears ahead of yours), and columi only makes the gap smaller.

All you need to do is go to the PvE vendor and add up the stats and see where you fall, but you too lazy to do that, so you ask me for more "proof" when I have shown a shiz ton of examples why expertise is moot tier for tier. Ill give you another tale of the tape, just to show you how narrow-minded your stance is...

Price? Did you ever do Ilim/Belsavis dailies? I guess not, otherwise you know that you can "buy" armor/mods/barrels for daily comms(free), get awarded mods/ehn from those same dailies(free), get guildies/friends to craft you stuff that you can't craft yourself(free), and get BiS relics/ear/implants from dailies(free). You're right, I don't have problems gearing an orange set and I didn't when I was at that level because the majority of the items to fill your oranges are FREE!!! Not only this, even if you don't have orange shells at LVL 50, spending your credits on augmented oranges at this point is a MUCH better investment because you can transfer all your BM/RAK/WH/BH stuff over and still get the aug slot available. How are you going to counter that?

How much does the recruit set cost again? 350K? So here is a progression. I am leveling a Jugg. I bought oranges @ lvl 15. I use them and swap arm/mods/enh via whatever means necessary (I'm a cyber BTW), then do 50 dailies until I replace them with lvl 50 epics, and que up for PvP. How much did I spend?

Recruit gear is for those who:

A. Don't raid/FP

B. Don't want to do dailies.

Can I raid/HM FP in recruit gear? Is there a significant difference between orange(50's) and recruit? Do you really need two sets to make a difference in PvP?

No, to all three.

So once again.

Orange(50's)~=Recruit

1 or 3% extra end is trivial, it puts you at an advantage of 1030 or so in HP, a whooping 30 more than before. And again, there is no such thing as "10% at this level", that is the absolute minimum you are behind, 10% is always 10%, its the same at that level as it is at level one i.e 10%. Its 10% no matter what, the gap only gets bigger the more exp your enemy gets.

Versus the sorc gear your sage would get flatlined in seconds, you arent ahead on any stat really. Just to be kind I will sum up the 2 sets of gear we are talking about.

Your sage

WP: 1542

End: 1343

Bonus DMG: 688.9 FORCE

Exp: N/A

Crit: 36.66%(!) Force

Surge: 72.26%(!)

Force in Balance DMG: 1557 -1622 (1338-1424 vs you)

My sorc

willp. 1576

endurance 1335

b-dmg 692

exp 804 (16.89%, 14.30%, 9.14%)

crit 30%

surge 76.36 342 rating

deathfield dmg 1583-1628 (1850-1903 with exp)

Creeping terror 1856/18s (2169/18s with exp)

Froce lighting 2858/3s (3341/3s with exp)

You are behind on everything except crit and probably alacrity. I also deal 16% more damage to you because of my expertise. I miss out on oh wow 6% crit and gain 16% (close to 17%) more damage done to you aswell as 4% more surge. While suffering from only 21% trauma so my self heals on dots tick for 9% more than you, since we have about roughly the same HP. I also take 14% less damage from your attacks.

Cul gear would probably top the main stats by a little bit, but would fight a hard uphill battle vs the flat expertise bonus I would have compared to it. As I said, you would need alot of dps stats to deal the same damage vs targets with expertise. You would have to get enough dps stats to out damage the mitigation while at the same time get enough endurance to cancel out the extra damage I would deal. Thats alot of stats, not even possible with cul gear.

And why would you go and waste days on dailies to get the optimal (thats hard to type without laughing hard) orange gear before pvping. You would still get your *** handed to you by recruits and everything above that.

But keep being one of the few that thinks expertise is worthless, even though its now very much a top priority stat in PvP. You just dont gear to kill one type of target, you gear to preform at your best in every fight, that wont ever happen in PvE gear while PvPing. Because not everyone you face will have recruit gear, the only targets you will even stand a chance against in cul or higher gear. And that chance is low if the player has any form of brain activity. Those that buy the recruit gear are usually the people that play to PvP, so they will mostly be good players, because they are aware of the impact of expertise.

Its not a new phenomena, this has been seen in WoW aswell, people going itno BGs in PvE gear with PvP starter sets available on AH. They get ripped to shreds by people in blue PvP gear and feel wronged. I even picked up the blue PvP gear on my lock alt in WoW, even though I had the lower tier from the previous season, it made me lose my set bonuses but game me more of everything else. Much like the switch from cent to recruit.

Cent gear wasnt inferior pre 1.2, how come recruit is suddenly worse than cent gear when its actually better across the board? Cent gear used to be the stepping stone into competative PvP, once you had it you could take down pretty much anyone that had PvE sets. And now after 1.2 expertise gives an even higher bonus, but somehow recruit gear is suddenly something to be avoided? Hmm sounds like the blue plague syndrome.

Perpul r strongerz coller dan bloo rite?

Badly mistaken.

You can get recruit gear for free from the outlaw's den, A pvp area on tatooine. You would've found it if you would've done all the PvP quests in your log.

You'll also wear the recruit gear for much longer than 3-5 days, It's impossible to win every PvP game you play in under 10 minutes getting yourself 115 WZ comms per game if you are wearing PvE gear. A full Battlemaster set costs 12.475 WZ comms, I dare you to get together that many WZ comms in 3-5 days.

It also increases your damage dealt in PvP and healing received, Dying less often isn't it's only benefit. Still confused why you want BM gear at all if living 3 seconds longer is so pointless to you?

You were the second person to actually quote my text, while simultaneously telling me it would take me much longer than 5 days, when the text you quoted actually said "it took me 3 days, but that was over a weekend". I am not badly mistaken about how long it took me, I was there, I did it. Although to be fair, this was the weekend prior to D3, so getting queues to pop was easier than it has been since. But, whether you're getting a queue 1 after another, or 1 every two hours, that doesn't really change how much time you spend actually wearing the gear does it?

I will say I did not know at the time I could get it in Outlaw's Den. The PVP quest just has you go there. Having already been there pre 1.2 and got like a whopping 90 Mercenary Comms, I didn't bother this time around.

And I don't live 3 seconds longer in BM gear. I live 30 seconds longer.

The gap between Recruit and lvl 49 gear = Small

The gap between BM and Recruit = Large

Edited by criminalheretic

If the queues pop one every 2-5 hours, and you are only a PvPer, yes it does matter.

The time in warzones themselves may be similar but instead of gaining 50-140 comms per warzone, add a multi hour wait in between, and you will be pressing unsub prior to having full BM/WH.

I recently rerolled on a new server and had lvl 50 had 700k gold. Lack of gold is a horrible excuse. You make damn near a million credits from 40-50 just leveling up.

I don't make gold, I make credits.

Badly mistaken.

first let me state that i am in the 'must have recruit or better pvp gear before you queue lvl 50 WZs' group...

however, i recently lvled an alt to 50, and i can confirm that full BM gear in 3-5 days is entirely possible.

i had 2 sets of full recruit before i dinged 50 thanks to farming outlaws den, i was also capped on both WZ ans RWZ coms. continueing to farm tatooine for wz coms between queues got me full BM and my first piece of WH in 5 days.

with recruit so easy to get, even if only worn for a few days, its still worth it.

1 or 3% extra end is trivial, it puts you at an advantage of 1030 or so in HP, a whooping 30 more than before. And again, there is no such thing as "10% at this level", that is the absolute minimum you are behind, 10% is always 10%, its the same at that level as it is at level one i.e 10%. Its 10% no matter what, the gap only gets bigger the more exp your enemy gets.

Versus the sorc gear your sage would get flatlined in seconds, you arent ahead on any stat really. Just to be kind I will sum up the 2 sets of gear we are talking about.

Your sage

WP: 1542

End: 1343

Bonus DMG: 688.9 FORCE

Exp: N/A

Crit: 36.66%(!) Force

Surge: 72.26%(!)

Force in Balance DMG: 1557 -1622 (1338-1424 vs you)

My sorc

willp. 1576

endurance 1335

b-dmg 692

exp 804 (16.89%, 14.30%, 9.14%)

crit 30%

surge 76.36 342 rating

deathfield dmg 1583-1628 (1850-1903 with exp)

Creeping terror 1856/18s (2169/18s with exp)

Froce lighting 2858/3s (3341/3s with exp)

You are behind on everything except crit and probably alacrity. I also deal 16% more damage to you because of my expertise. I miss out on oh wow 6% crit and gain 16% (close to 17%) more damage done to you aswell as 4% more surge. While suffering from only 21% trauma so my self heals on dots tick for 9% more than you, since we have about roughly the same HP. I also take 14% less damage from your attacks.

Cul gear would probably top the main stats by a little bit, but would fight a hard uphill battle vs the flat expertise bonus I would have compared to it. As I said, you would need alot of dps stats to deal the same damage vs targets with expertise. You would have to get enough dps stats to out damage the mitigation while at the same time get enough endurance to cancel out the extra damage I would deal. Thats alot of stats, not even possible with cul gear.

And why would you go and waste days on dailies to get the optimal (thats hard to type without laughing hard) orange gear before pvping. You would still get your *** handed to you by recruits and everything above that.

But keep being one of the few that thinks expertise is worthless, even though its now very much a top priority stat in PvP. You just dont gear to kill one type of target, you gear to preform at your best in every fight, that wont ever happen in PvE gear while PvPing. Because not everyone you face will have recruit gear, the only targets you will even stand a chance against in cul or higher gear. And that chance is low if the player has any form of brain activity. Those that buy the recruit gear are usually the people that play to PvP, so they will mostly be good players, because they are aware of the impact of expertise.

Its not a new phenomena, this has been seen in WoW aswell, people going itno BGs in PvE gear with PvP starter sets available on AH. They get ripped to shreds by people in blue PvP gear and feel wronged. I even picked up the blue PvP gear on my lock alt in WoW, even though I had the lower tier from the previous season, it made me lose my set bonuses but game me more of everything else. Much like the switch from cent to recruit.

Cent gear wasnt inferior pre 1.2, how come recruit is suddenly worse than cent gear when its actually better across the board? Cent gear used to be the stepping stone into competative PvP, once you had it you could take down pretty much anyone that had PvE sets. And now after 1.2 expertise gives an even higher bonus, but somehow recruit gear is suddenly something to be avoided? Hmm sounds like the blue plague syndrome.

Perpul r strongerz coller dan bloo rite?

No comprende champ and BM versus tionese? You dope...

agree with the OP. after the change on daily, 6 whatever, new poeple are queueing without dont worry about others team mattes at all. its like a lack of respect for your team mattes. two guys on my server are queueing with green gear lvl 47.

BW should just check the expertise number. if is lower then XXX dont let the guy queue at lvl 50.

No comprende champ and BM versus tionese? You dope...

Still doesnt change the fact that you claim recruit being worse than 49 gear for PvP when recruit gear is superior to the former T1 PvP gear that wrecked havoc upon PvE geared people, no matter ifthey had T1, T2 or T3. And this was before expertise was giving the % dps/mit buff it does now.

Still everyone saw cent gear as the gateway to competative PvP, after cent gear you could hold your own in PvP very well.

The few things that differ between recruit and cent gear are.

Higher expertise on recruit.

No set bonuses on recruit.

Recruit cant be optimized through mods. Not that anyone optimized their cent gear in the first place.

Higher rating on recruit gear, which means higher armor.

Blue color on recruit gear, purple on cent gear, no impact whatsoever on gameplay.

In the end, you need a much higher tier of PvE gear to even compete vs recruit gear in PvP which makes it pointless not to buy it. Even if you wear T2 or T3 PvE gear you are better off getting recruit gear for PvP. If you would be 100% sure to always end up vs only recruit geared people T3 would be sufficient for PvP, but you arent. Chances are more people will have BM/WH gear, in which case you will get decimated in seconds and cry for nerfs.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Still doesnt change the fact that you claim recruit being worse than 49 gear for PvP when recruit gear is superior to the former T1 PvP gear that wrecked havoc upon PvE geared people, no matter ifthey had T1, T2 or T3. And this was before expertise was giving the % dps/mit buff it does now.

Still everyone saw cent gear as the gateway to competative PvP, after cent gear you could hold your own in PvP very well.

The few things that differ between recruit and cent gear are.

Higher expertise on recruit.

No set bonuses on recruit.

Recruit cant be optimized through mods. Not that anyone optimized their cent gear in the first place.

Higher rating on recruit gear, which means higher armor.

Blue color on recruit gear, purple on cent gear, no impact whatsoever on gameplay.

In the end, you need a much higher tier of PvE gear to even compete vs recruit gear in PvP which makes it pointless not to buy it. Even if you wear T2 or T3 PvE gear you are better off getting recruit gear for PvP. If you would be 100% sure to always end up vs only recruit geared people T3 would be sufficient for PvP, but you arent. Chances are more people will have BM/WH gear, in which case you will get decimated in seconds and cry for nerfs.

You have no basis to debate anymore. Yes my lvl 49 epic aug implants are just a viable recruit, aug-oranges with 50 epics are better than recruit on a shiz ton of levels. PvE~=PvP. So QFT.