What order do you rate wz's?

Gigabolt

Hi all

Ok so i got to thinking as to how ppl rate each wz and if they ever did let us choose, which one would die a death.

Feel free to throw in your 1-4 wz rating and maybe few reasons why.

1. Hutball, while yes the passing mechanic is fun what i like is the hazards. hb arena really feels like a big playground. Yes in many ways it does benefit specific classes but either way my puggin experience in hb has been very fun.

2. Civil war, I know it does have its flaws and against two evenly matched teams (honestly how often does that happen) the adv is very strong for ppl who get 2 node first. But I like that the wz feels bigger.

3 Novare coast, well honestly one thing that annoys me about novare is the general appearance, i think they could easily make a more alien/sci fi landscape then some random forest. Also the fact ppl can multi cap is slightly annoying, your fighting ppl and having to tab target ppl to stop caps, that is slightly boring imo but overall when i see novare i at least am glad I didn't get.....

4. voidstar, I dunno what it is about voidstar i hate so much. One thing I would say about this wz is that it always seems much more fun as attacker, when defending you often have to just be a lemming to constantly stop the caps this can meaning dying a lot. whilst attacking though you have more time and freedom to plan attack.

overall i would say if they implemented wz choice when queueing I would never enter a voidstar nooo way. would just qeue the other three all day.

Also maybe if you got any ideas for 5th, 6th wz then add them you never know if devs see this and maybe develop new wz with your ideas in mind, anything possible :)

i like them all 4 and want to see a little more polish, especially at Novare Coast, but at all im game with them.

what i dont like is the fact, that there are only 4.

more WZs please !

Before 1.2:

1. Huttball

2. Alderaan

3. Voidstar

After 1.2:

1. Huttball

2. Voidstar

3. Alderaan

4. Novare Coast

Actually Alderaan and NC rank almost the same - both have their flaws, making me prefer the other 2.

Zergstar feels much better now with its fast pace and same faction encounters, Civil War is your average wz, Huttball is simply the best battleground ever and NC just seems to be a lot of walking around (similar to CW) and plain doesn't feel as good as the others, at least for me (the visuals might contribute to that feeling). Still, the comeback possibilities make it interesting in design and you don't have to use your brain as much as in the other maps.

I'd very much like to see a second Huttball map. Same mechanics, different planet/theme and obstacle/platform layout.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

1. Novare Coast- I like the open environment and how node capturing works. It is a very polished and more variable warzone then most, and it's prettier for the matter.

2. Voidstar- How could you not like Voidstar? It's very tense, and the closer matches I have played are better. I jsut like assault maps.

3. Civil War- A downgraded Novare Coast. Just not as pretty, innovative and once someone is winning, it generally means they will win.

4. Huttball- Maybe it is just because I am sick of getting Huttball, and it has cool idea, but my problem is PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PASS THE DAMNED BALL. This means whoever is winning, WILL 99.9% of the time win.

Hi all

Ok so i got to thinking as to how ppl rate each wz and if they ever did let us choose, which one would die a death.

Feel free to throw in your 1-4 wz rating and maybe few reasons why.

1. Hutball, while yes the passing mechanic is fun what i like is the hazards. hb arena really feels like a big playground. Yes in many ways it does benefit specific classes but either way my puggin experience in hb has been very fun.

2. Civil war, I know it does have its flaws and against two evenly matched teams (honestly how often does that happen) the adv is very strong for ppl who get 2 node first. But I like that the wz feels bigger.

3 Novare coast, well honestly one thing that annoys me about novare is the general appearance, i think they could easily make a more alien/sci fi landscape then some random forest. Also the fact ppl can multi cap is slightly annoying, your fighting ppl and having to tab target ppl to stop caps, that is slightly boring imo but overall when i see novare i at least am glad I didn't get.....

4. voidstar, I dunno what it is about voidstar i hate so much. One thing I would say about this wz is that it always seems much more fun as attacker, when defending you often have to just be a lemming to constantly stop the caps this can meaning dying a lot. whilst attacking though you have more time and freedom to plan attack.

overall i would say if they implemented wz choice when queueing I would never enter a voidstar nooo way. would just qeue the other three all day.

Also maybe if you got any ideas for 5th, 6th wz then add them you never know if devs see this and maybe develop new wz with your ideas in mind, anything possible :)

ROFL. You couldnt describe this wz better :p

For me :

4/10 Huttball While its interesting, u get bored of it fast. Also some classses get benefit more cause of terrain and traps. And premades using chat programs can make the game pretty imabalanced.

3/10 NC Because it just another wz with 3 base to cap, and battle only happen in 2 spots (turrets)

There other two are just fail.

1 thing i dont like in SWTOR wzs, is then u see a light defended base and u go cap it, if the defender call the inc, help will arrive and start attacking u, before u get enemy to 10% hp... especialy in alderran. where ppl land 3 meter away from turret with speeders.

Also after u die in your fail attempt to get right/left, till your speeder land on your spawn point, the enemies that defended left/right, had enough time to get all back on middle. Very very small wz.

Edited by unicornfive

1. Huttball

2. NC

3. Civil War.

4. Voidstar.

Like the OP said, Huttball just feels like a giant playground, with the hazards. It adds another element to thing about, and can set up for some pretty amusing plays and tactics (such as saving your stuns, or get out of jail free cards). It's also a bit different than your common CPT that every game seems to have.

1. Voidstar - It can seem like a total cluster-f at times, but I like the fact that is the one WZ where you never really end up babysitting a node. There is no excuse to abandon a turret when you are the only one guarding it, but this WZ at least removes that temptation. One thing that needs a little tweaking is the penalty box though. If you and 4 of your team members happen to die just as they are blowing the first door, it is entirely possible that they can extend the bridges, and plant the second bomb before you are even allowed out of the box. Now if you are getting rolled that hard, yeah youre probably gonna lose anyway, but it is super frustrating to sit up in the box watching them run across the bridge while you are stuck. The penalty box should automatically open when your opponent extends a bridge in the second section.

2. Novare Coast - Obviously a lot like Alderaan, but bigger and prettier. I like the distance between nodes, so that each side clearly "belongs" to one side or the other. When it takes 30 seconds to run from spawn to the other side of the WZ, you have to communicate, you can't just roam.

3. Civil War - Nothing really to say.

4. Huttball - To be fair, Huttball is a well designed and creative WZ, and I totally get why this is tops on most people's lists. I rank it last because of class preference. As a long time Marauder/Sent player, there is just too many high places for me to be knocked off of, add to the fact that whomever knocked me off can usually still shoot me from their perch while I would have to run six blocks to get back to them, when it is just super annoying. Not broken, just annoying. Plus the medal system is kind of flawed. Seems like you only get defensive medals for actually defeating the ball carrier, instead of attacking him, conversely if you are fighting in front of your own end zone, you rack up defensive medals even if the ball carrier is completely across the WZ

The only one I really like is Huttball. But I'm sure if it was the only one I'd ever play it'd get old fast.

Alderaan is just awfully designed. Either you get 2 nodes and then sit at one, or you only have one node and you all sit at that one. Once you mathematically need 3 nodes the game should start to speed up or something. Novarre Coast isn't much better but it is a cut above Alderaan.

Voidstar is decent. Not great but okay sometimes, just it takes awhile too.

Huttball is the least gear dependent and has the most room for strategy and tactics. Also if you are getting completely stomped, at least it'll be over fast. There are bad games for almost everyone, unless you're always rolling in a premade with the best gear, but even then you can get bad PUGs sometimes.

I really want a huge, epic map. All 4 WZs are very tiny, and very simple (again a bit of an exception for huttball).

I used to dislike civil war and voidstar, love huttball though. Now i'm happy with whatever i get as long as there's a warzone pop now and then.

1.Huttball

2. Novare coast

3. Voidstar

4. Civil war

Edited by Helistin

I like

1) Hutball (This is the only warzone that is not based sole off time to kill)

2) NV (I like this one because 1 players can't stop 7 from capping the point)

3) Civil war (It's good but i don't like that cap meachinc as much)

4Void star (This is a epic failure plz delete. You just stand in the middle and go left or right all match)

4. Huttball - To be fair, Huttball is a well designed and creative WZ, and I totally get why this is tops on most people's lists. I rank it last because of class preference. As a long time Marauder/Sent player, there is just too many high places for me to be knocked off of, add to the fact that whomever knocked me off can usually still shoot me from their perch while I would have to run six blocks to get back to them, when it is just super annoying. Not broken, just annoying. Plus the medal system is kind of flawed. Seems like you only get defensive medals for actually defeating the ball carrier, instead of attacking him, conversely if you are fighting in front of your own end zone, you rack up defensive medals even if the ball carrier is completely across the WZ

Sents are really good at hutball. The most important thing in hutball is the center of the the map. It's where I stay all game to make sure we keep control of it. Then when the ball appears you use, Leap, Trans and your shield(to run threw fire traps) and chuck the ball to the ball carriers and head back to center or if they need help use AWE to help the ball carrier get a break away

1. Voidstar: its the most battle intensive of the warzones while also requiring the strongest teamwork. Whileother warzones can be carried by a group of 4 ,not voidstar.

2. Huttball. The most skill intensive warzone. Theres a lot of players that know their class but just dont get the game.

3. Novare coast: superior version of alderaan. Camping 1 point gets you nothing. You can partial cap. And capping happens faster with more.

4. Alderaan: a camping competition.

Depends on the class I'm playing.

For every class but a my operative healer it's:

Huttball - Voidstar - Novare Coast - Alderaan

But for my healer it's:

HB - NC - VS - Alderaan

I hate alderaan nonstop, but luckily it never comes because there are no more reps on my server. VS is boring as a healer and fun as a dps/tank. Huttball is always fun, and NC is alright.

Huttball is amazing. Honestly huttball is the best pvp experiance I've had in 10 years of playing mmos.

NC is a lot of fun and a great looking warzone that I enjoy being in. Any complaint you have with NC is due to being bad. Youre bad at pvp. Stop pvping my shoulders hurt from carrying you. Your argument is invalid because youre bad.

Civil War is alright. Can't rely on pugs to call for help in time tho.

VS is crap. Two good teams lead to a tie at the first door and a RNG victory. P

Huttball is the worst map designed in any PvP MMO to date and is filled with horrible class inbalances.

There is practically no skill involved and all it comes down to is having half a brain and the right class.

Voidstar is meh.

Civil War is my favourite.

Novare Coast is meh.

Edited by Xinika

1. Novare Coast

2. Alderaan

3. Huttball

4. Voidstar

With the way doors currently work Voidstar (against competent players) is all about getting perfect timing with the door when the only way to do so is dumb luck.

Huttball is so class dependent that for every decent game you have you've got 3-4 games that are just 6-0s.

NC/Alderaan are the best of the bunch because they require both meta and micro strategies when both sides are competent. they're chess matches where a very good pawn can work over the other team's lackluster queen. Bit of an issue on Alderaan with healer-heavy teams being immovable, which gives NC the nod.

Edited by Apocalypse-

1. Voidstar

2. Huttball

3. Novare Coast

4. Alderaan

Voidstar can be fun, it isn't dumb luck it is just tricking the other team into taking their eye off a door so someone can plant, really gives the stealth classes a good niche. Huttball is love-hate for me... imo it favors JC/SI, jedi/sith tanks, and a good operative/scoundrel heal. NC/alderaan tend to be a blow out one way or the other... loathe them when I pug and get a bad group.

1) Huttball

2) Voidstar

3) Civil War

4) Novanre coast

Reason why civil war and the coast one are at the bottom is because of the sheer repetitiveness and running back and forward between two caps fighting its extremely boring.

As for the coast I only really hate it because of the stupid sit in the corner caps that people do its so cheap you don't even have to fight to win as long as your in the corner.

Voidstar- the match that involves the most actual pvp

civil war- a good fight for mid is one of my favorite times to be had in this game. On the flip side in pug pvp this seems to be the most popluar do your own thing map.

huttball- I've done so many of them I don't really like this map, but it is different.

novare coast- way to close to civil war, I'd have prefered them make a variant of that map where you can group cap a node while making a map with a new gimmick

1)Civil War: first warzone I tried and generally the one where I see IMPS have a decent chance to win

2)Navare Coast: like the layout, like the objectives and generally gives good combat

3)Voidstar: easy to understand easy to play...but still seems it is the worst for idiotic players who wont guard door or attack marked healers...its a moron zone and until recently the worst for expoiting

4)Hutball: this is a premade exploiting teams dream, right from the start this is where I have seen the worst...Not surprisingly its completely different than the others..its not a warzone its a minigame and should be removed.