Official Q&A Thread for May 4th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Is there plans in the future to add more "Star" to Star Wars? The current system in place is great for xp while leveling. The problem is, once you hit 50 it is pointless. It would be nice to have either open space or space "areas" that you could roll out solo or with guildies for things like:

• Finding crafting material
  • Doing space missions
  • Space PvP
  • Random flying
  • Etc..

I'm not asking for an ETA, it would be nice to know that the developers are looking into it though. It would be a great break from constantly running on the ground if you were allowed more when it came to space. The current system just does not offer that unfortunatly. Thanks for the answer in advance!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to allow you to have multiple companions out at once (So you can solo a Heroic or such) because my Trooper has Havoc Squad, but it's not really a squad unless you can have them all with you at once :confused:

Thanks!

How about Neutral Relics?

It takes some effort to stick to dark side choices, as it does to stick to light side choices. But what may not be as apparent is that it takes the same amount of effort to choose BOTH light and dark side options and remain neutral. This effort could be rewarded just as the light and dark choices are with neutral relics. Instead of based on dark side points or light side points, it could be based on total faction points, with the "Must not be Dark I" and "Must not be Light I" requirements.

Currently, dual wielding classes have the advantage of having an orange mod'able item in their off-hand while other classes are stuck with fixed-stat knives, foci, shields, and generators which probably do not have optimal stats for their character. This creates an imbalance in stats between Bounty Hunters/Troopers and Agents/Smugglers. It is also more difficult to find or craft these off-hand items as you level up as they are less available than orange weapon upgrades.

Are there any plans to release orange off-hand weapons for non duel wielding classes?

So as an ex DAOC player I was lured into this game with the promise of "Open World PVP" You have created two very nice areas for open world pvp but they have given us absolutely no reason to use them. For a while Ilum's pvp area was some what active, but with the last patch all incentive to use it was removed.

Do you have any plans to do something to improve this. It seems that I will be moving on to Guild Wars 2 when it is released as they also promise open world pvp. I will keep checking back to see if you make any improvements in this area. Please consider it as instanced pvp is lame and boring in the long run.

Are you guys going to revisit enrage timers in ops, or make them more lenient? I understand you dont want guilds to stack a ton of healers to get the kill, but not being able to beat an encounter due to unforgiving hard enrage timers is kind of annoying. We have had a number of hard enrage's in HM Explosive Conflict because we lose a dps, but our execution is perfect. Another 30 seconds and we would have had the kill. What about considering soft enrages?

Would you be able to explain the thought process behind the recent damage boost to sniper/gunslingers and nerf/buff prioritisation in general?

(Not complaining about balance, just wanting to know why them over other classes that could possible just tweaks like Sorc, Powertech or Jugg to name a few)

:-D

So prior to 1.2, we were able to buy purple crystals on the fleet for 250k credits. I didn't at the time because I figured, "Well, if they're giving this to me for 250k, I can probably craft it (as Artifice) for less than that." Unfortunately the schematics appear to be rare/impossible to find. Will purple crystals eventually be easier to obtain/craft in the future?

Would be be a possibity in the future to be able to buy a legacy modding station for your ships that would reduce or eliminate the cost of moding armour. As it stands right now its simply too much money to swap mods to check out their effectiveness on the combat logs. I understand the game needs credit sinks but having to do 30 mins of dailies to switch a couple is just a little much.

I'm building a new PC that will be done before the European character transfers come out. I want to transfer my main character from Hydian Way to The Progenitor for RP purposes and to start to build my Legacy as I've based my upcoming Legacy on him. Will the Hydian Way server be avaliable to transfer from and will The Progenitor be available to be transfered to?

PVP:

What is the state of "ILUM" right now?

I mean for my opinion. Drop the "ILUM"- PvP part completely and create an entire Planet like "Alderaan" lets say.

Planet with an ideal size and structure for a open pvp world.

Warzones are nice. But long term i can`t keep going much longer with only 4 warzones. Also Ranked Warzones which should be included already are actualy good for more competitive gameplay, however you play the same 4 Warzones Day in and Day out.

You have such a great potential to make the pvp Part successful.

Dont waste it please.

Could you explain why there are so many different compound/sample types for each bioanalysis material grade level? I find it frustrating trying to gather the grade 3 sample material I need and, more often than not, receiving the other grade 3 samples I don't need. In general, why are there more than 1 (max 2) types?

When are mirror class going to be really close to mirror.

Example: Sorcerer instant cast Lighting vs Project slow in a duel the Sorcerer wins every time.

Example: Instant cast both at same time and for some reason the Sorcerer wins every time.

(Set keyboards side by side and one person hit the key board with both hands at same time yet Sorcerer wins)

Edited by Metalmac

What character progression past L50 is planned? Meaning…

1-Will you go the EQ / WoW route? i.e. add L51-60. Then L61-70. And so on…

2-Will you go the CoH route? i.e. we are permanently at L50. No added levels. But we get sidegrade progression i.e. new powers and abilities unlocked by the new content?

Not asking about ETA. Just asking about which path.

Thank you.

When patch 1.3 comes out we will be introduced to Group finder which is great news to help us find a group for FP's etc.

Will OPS be included into this group finder to make it easier for the casual player to join others at OPS.

Hello Bioware!

I was just curious about the character-server-transfer you answered last Q&A. I have two characters i'm playing on and they're on different servers but they got exactly the same name. What will happen if I transfer one of them to the other ones server? Will I be able to pick a new name or will it not be possible? They're on different allegiances. One of them are on Rep and the other one is an Imp. Pleae answer my question BioWare.