How angry would you be if server transfer cost you?

DarthNiktu

I'm "stuck" at a low pop server. At the moment a server transfer is the only thing that would make me able to play the game. We have no market, no pvp. Everything is booring and dead.

Do you think Bioware will force you to pay MORE money to be able to continue to play?

I would be very very very terribly much angry.

*disclaimer*

This thread is not about the low server population. Those conversations are as we all understand banned from the forum and hence would be moved or locked. This thread is about how angry one would be if you were stuck on an unplayable server with a character you worked on for months. And then have to pay even more money to be able to continue.

I think they should make it free for say the first 3 months that the service is in place. This will allow people to migrate until they find a new home.

The only problem with making it free is the service may become overloaded, charging a price would stop people jumping around on a whim.

Regardless of whether it costs or not, the sooner it is in place the better.

I would be angry if it even cost anything. We all know that its a automated service that only takes 1 sec after hitting the transfer button. Just have it set up like rift does free transfers and limited once per week on each character. The so called "server jumping" problem never exists in rift its just BS that other MMO devs say so they make you think you want paid transfers instead. Edited by MinkyMike

Not at all. My server isn't the greatest, but it's fine for what I like to do. Free transfers will make the problem of empty servers and queue times for full ones even worse, so I'd prefer there be some kind of limit.

That said, if they did free transfers to Bioware recommended servers (low pop ones that need a boos, from the high pop ones) then I'd be fine with that. Make people pay to ditch an already struggling server, though, as they aren't helping.

This thread is not about the low server population. Those conversations are as we all understand banned from the forum and hence would be moved or locked.

Stop lying and being dramatic. Those threads aren't banned, they simply consolidate them into one thread.

Not at all. My server isn't the greatest, but it's fine for what I like to do. Free transfers will make the problem of empty servers and queue times for full ones even worse, so I'd prefer there be some kind of limit.

That said, if they did free transfers to Bioware recommended servers (low pop ones that need a boos, from the high pop ones) then I'd be fine with that. Make people pay to ditch an already struggling server, though, as they aren't helping.

I would agree to this suggestion.

Look. They're not stupid. Well, sometimes I wonder, but they're not *that* stupid. Since they want to control things and make sure everyone and there mother doesn't try to transfer to The Fatman, people on low population servers will likely get free transfers to *selected* servers. I.e., medium population servers. Possibly later on they'll allow you to just transfer wherever you want, but I suspect they'll charge for that.

I think Bioware should take a page out of Rifts playbook. Make server transfers free with a seven day penalty period. Meaning If you select a character for transfer on a Sunday to a selected server, And you find you are unhappy with the selected server, You cannot transfer that same character again until the following Sunday. The transfer is free. But you must choose wisely. Nothing sucks more than having to wait seven days on a server you are unhappy with! You can also transfer as many characters as you want to any server of your choosing. The same penalty will just apply to each individual transfer. Transfers are generally instant (even though they say an hour), and seem to average most populations. It works great in Rifts, no one is complaining, and it helps players comfortably find a home more suited to their play-style/personality overall. It sounds crazy but it works well. Edited by badboynix

I don't care if it cost or not, but it cannot wait any longer... i don't think i can take another month of this low pop and by no means i will grind another character in Fatman to play, i cannot take any more grinding in this game or any other, BW, SERVER TRANSFER/MERGE NOW!!!

I have no interest in server transfer. I would support a one-time free transfer, followed by a nominal charge to cover costs for future transfers.

This thread is not about the low server population. Those conversations are as we all understand banned from the forum and hence would be moved or locked.

This is just a blatant lie and really damages your credibility.

well if they would of opened the servers so they had less que times in the beginning, instead of making so many new servers, this wouldn't be so bad now, transfer should be free but they should combine some low pop servers first. if someone has canx there account they should open the name. Edited by OriginalBold

IMO microtransactions should remain MICRO!

So many games have microtransactions at like $20 a pop or something.

If transfers cost like $1 per character, I'm fine with that. If they're freakin' $5 or 10 that's just terrible....

Microtransactions IMO should be like a dollar store.

I would be angry if it even cost anything. We all know that its a automated service that only takes 1 sec after hitting the transfer button. Just have it set up like rift does free transfers and limited once per week on each character. The so called "server jumping" problem never exists in rift its just BS that other MMO devs say so they make you think you want paid transfers instead.

^ This. City of Heroes gives you free server transfers too and there has never been an issue. I have never heard of an issue in any MMO that offreed free server transfers to tell you the truth. I think a free transfer every two months would be appropriate.

Edited by Nightspirit
spelling