Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

Just like to say that I'm loving the event. Sorry that some people are having a tough time with it, but I think it's a blast! I've encountered more cross-faction interaction today than ever before, been banked several times, had Sith help me kill rakghouls and complete quests, and helped out them too. It's been awesome. Well done, guys.

That's one of the best things about this event. Sure, the infection may be a tad annoying, but the cross-faction interaction has been truly awesome!!! I hope we can get more events like this one.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like to say that I'm loving the event. Sorry that some people are having a tough time with it, but I think it's a blast! I've encountered more cross-faction interaction today than ever before, been banked several times, had Sith help me kill rakghouls and complete quests, and helped out them too. It's been awesome. Well done, guys.

THIS!

On my lvl 50 Sorc, I'm always helping out lower lvl toons of both factions as have several others helped me on my lvl 34 smuggler. What's great about it is you don't have to get involved with this event if you don't want to. It's a game people. Enjoy yourselves.

Yeah, I'm having tons of fun. Logged in today (even though it's my wife's birthday,) enjoyed Tatooine for the first time since I left it intially, did some new quests, killed a world boss - and all the while looked forward to the next event they've got in store for us. Bravo devs!

THIS!

On my lvl 50 Sorc, I'm always helping out lower lvl toons of both factions as have several others helped me on my lvl 34 smuggler. What's great about it is you don't have to get involved with this event if you don't want to. It's a game people. Enjoy yourselves.

FYI, such 'help' is not always wanted or appreciated. When I was doing these quests on my 29 smuggler and fighting the triggered elite spawns, twice a level 50 (different ones) rode up and blew away my target, immediately removing any challenge and fun for me. I don't know if they thought they were genuinely being helpful, or were simply impatient to get their own spawn but it ticks me off.

This game should take a leaf from EQ2's book and implement an optional combat lock feature, so that when a player initiates combat (and currently turns the mob white to other players) that it would lock the combat and prevent any action by another player to the mobs or players involved in the combat. Whether I am solo, duoed, full group or operation that is the way I have chosen to play at that time and I do not want outside interference. (As I do not PvP I don't know if such a mechanic would be appropriate for PvP servers).

I just want to say thank you Bioware and bravo! This event is pure awsomness. I havent seen my server (Jedi Covenant) so alive since the 1st few weeks of launch. During prime time we have over 200 people on fleet while also having over 100 people on Tatooine, on the Republic side no less!

I'll also add thank you Bioware for not listening to the couple of QQ'ers on the forums trying to ruin everyones enjoyment of this event. I haven't seen one complaint at all on my server.

I'm looking forward to many more events from you guys.Cheers! :D

Is it possible to do this on my level 20 Sith Juggernaut? I have not yet reached Tattooine but would still love a chance.

Solo I very much doubt it as, although the triggered spawns will scale, the local and starter mobs will be 27+, but if you have some friends of guildmates to help you it should be OK.

Edited by Sambril

For anyone who is just starting the event or not sure what to do. I wrote a little guide that covers everything (I think ) about the event - items, dailies, infected companions, color crystals, pets.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/16/rakghoul-pandemic-dynamic-event-guideupdated-daily/

Also, this might be of interest - walkthrough for the scavenger hunt, fun quest ;)

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/15/how-to-get-tracking-the-origin-quest/

Overall, best event in a MMO so far imo :)

Thank you for making this guide! I knew about the event on Tatooine but I didn't know where to go to start it.

are there any bugs?

im a level 33 jedi guardian and cant play these quests cause they simply dont appear

pure virus sample

hybrid strain

newly infected

for the first and the third quest the terminals are inactive.i cant get the quests no matter what.for the second i simply dont get the drop that starts the quest.is there anything you have to do in order to get those?:confused:

or are they available only for level 50 chars?

dulfy in her blog says:"You might need to wait a day to pick up the new dailies if you did not do the dailies since day 1 of the event" is that the reason?cause this is day 2 for me

Edited by orangeman

are there any bugs?

im a level 33 jedi guardian and cant play these quests cause they simply dont appear

pure virus sample

hybrid strain

newly infected

for the first and the third quest the terminals are inactive.i cant get the quests no matter what.for the second i simply dont get the drop that starts the quest.is there anything you have to do in order to get those?:confused:

or are they available only for level 50 chars?

dulfy in her blog says:"You might need to wait a day to pick up the new dailies if you did not do the dailies since day 1 of the event" is that the reason?cause this is day 2 for me

Yes, the main series will only unlock 1 per day, per character. I don't realy like that mechanic, in my opinion they should have unlocked server-wide 1 per day since the start of the event.

...This event needs to go...

Something/someone needs to go, you got that right... definitely isn't this event or any future intended events though.

THIS IS A GAME... sounds to me like you have forgotten that, lighten up for god's sake.

Edited by Spemaralcol

One question that I have been asking myself all the time - why is it that virtually all event-related NPCs we have to kill start with some sort of absorb-shield? Not only makes it the fights a bit tedious at times, but also am I also worried that only the first actual damage might tag a mob, not just the first attack that hit. On the other hand it could be intended in this way as a sort of anti-who-pulls-first mechanic, but if that were really necessary I think there is some more underlying problem (for example too little mobs of a given type).

I've heard tell that this is a lvl 50 event, if this is true I'd like to give a big thx to Bioware for leaving out the lower lvl's once again. Guess I'm not valued

You heard wrong.

Inform yourself better next time.

bioware made a "mistake" with this event cause its so good that our expectations are gonna be really high for the next one!

i only have one complaint...the whole "new quests are unlocked the next day"...

i understand that by doing what they did with this event makes people come back and play everyday...me being a casual player ended up being hardcore since yesterday that i heard about the event.thats nice and i really dont mind not having a life for a few days since i imagine that later when new players will see my rakghoul stuff i'll brag about it.still i would have liked it more if i could grind through the event in one day than waiting the next day(what if i heard about it the last day?...i wouldnt be able to enjoy it)...yes mmo games require a level of commitment but still between leveling to lvl 50 taking a pause and grinding space mission for money and crafting/gathering there is only so much time the average person can invest in the game.just for one character!

i hope in future events that the Devs will find some way to balance that.

also i would like to remind the devs that theres another solution.the Star Trek Online "episode" system when each individual quest of an event comes every week and the event lasts about 5 weeks.by launching the quests in weekends they also give some bonus loot or gear for those who play the quest in the "launch weekend"(weekends are good cause most people are at home and not at their jobs) so if somebody plays it in the following week he/she wont get that nice extra.i think that this model could work really well.if you log in the last day you can play all the quests.cause each quest i being unlock every weekend.so you dont loose the experience.

p.s.it feels really bad to see so much hate from so many people...especially if you have to hunt them through the desert just to infect them...:p...lolz.hope in the next event they dont do something like that so that we,the people who liked it can avoid feeling bad...:p

Edited by orangeman

Enjoying the event. However, I didn't realize it was going to be one daily per day, per character. So, now myself, and a number of others I know, are a couple days behind. Please extend the event or allow people to do all the dailies.

Enjoying the event. However, I didn't realize it was going to be one daily per day, per character. So, now myself, and a number of others I know, are a couple days behind. Please extend the event or allow people to do all the dailies.

I agree, an extra day or two wouldn't hurt, besides people are having fun mostly.

On the side note i hope they will fix the ugly bug regarding title award, i have 8/9 codex entries and didn't get it.

I agree, an extra day or two wouldn't hurt, besides people are having fun mostly.

On the side note i hope they will fix the ugly bug regarding title award, i have 8/9 codex entries and didn't get it.

The title was fixed in todays patch. It fixed it for me as soon as i logged on

The title was fixed in todays patch. It fixed it for me as soon as i logged on

I wasn't as fortunate, the patch didn't help me. :)

I'm glad it's fixed for some people at least.

Edit: After killing Trapjaw again i got the title properly. :cool:

Edited by Vlacke