Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

I got a late start on this event due to RL, but today when I logged on to do the new unlocked daily, I was only given the same one I got yesterday morning, the Passenger List daily.

Has anyone else had this happen? Did the servers reset or something?

I have the same problem. Yesterday I did all the quests up and including Pure Virus Sample and got the helmet. I logged on this morning when the quests reset and I got all the same quests as yesterday. I didn't get the next stage, Newly Infected, which gives out the Belt/Chest.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem. Yesterday I did all the quests up and including Pure Virus Sample and got the helmet. I logged on this morning when the quests reset and I got all the same quests as yesterday. I didn't get the next stage, Newly Infected, which gives out the Belt/Chest.

Can you tell me what it was then.

BW please extend this event,a lot of people didn't know about the event (obviously your website was being redesigned) so are a few days behind.

Great work on the event itself and I hope to see more frequent events in future (maybe one ever patch or something).

Also good to see level scaling like I have seen in other MMO's so it gives players from level 25+ something to do and not make it too easy for the level 50's out there.

any chance the daily restriction can be lifted over the weekend and turn the quests into a chain?

a lot of people are being disadvantaged because of the lack of information regarding this world event especially after most people were still coming to grips with the epic problems with the 1.2 deployment and all the new changes.

I find it amazing that you encourage people to roll alts with 1.2 only to secretly introduce a world event that isn't available to alts until they see the cryptic message at fleet.

then they've got to grind to lvl 23, and get into the dailys all in the space of 2 weeks

I think turning these quests into a quest chain is the only logical solution

oh god im so tired just finished gathering another 150 dna smaples for today...any idea for how much the lvl 50 crystals will sell after the event ends in the GTN?

I would guess at least 250k unless there is a massive oversupply of them.

The reason I say 250k minimum is because that's how much the pre-order level 50 black-yellow one sells for on the vendor.

As for the top end price, that depends on the market and how long you hold yours before selling.

Quick question on this topic. I'm only lvl 18 and somewhat of a noob on TOR, but I have 20 Rakghoul DNA samples. Are they worth anything to me? Could I sell them?

Generally, there are about as valuable as the planet commendations - you can buy specific stuff with them. In this case, the stuff consists of green-and-black color crystals, two tiny rakghoul pets and new "infected" companion customizations. You don't really need any of it, but it's fun.

Thanks for making worst event in mmo history to launch ONE week event you need 4 days to complete at start of HUGE patch realy ****ed up noticing it with everything else to do with freaking news report ONLY in fleet (in game) thanks for total crap.

I agree.

Next to come are also Christmas trees, Easter Bunnies and Halloween costumes. If the player community allows

the developers to continue this way SWTOR will end up like WoW ..a game for 6-10 years old. Come on...having fun is okay...but sensible fun. Events that fit in with the lore and spirit of Starwars.

To have anyone spread the plague intentionally to earn a few credits ( or armor that is soon enough outdated, or a essentially horribly silly pet Rakghul) in my opinion childish. If the player community does not take objection to this..then it will continue. The 10 year old will rule the game and serious players will wander off.

Personally, I do not wish for another SW-WoW. Keep SWTOR up to KOTOR level.

Edited by LexiCazam
Insult - quote

The event is fun! They should make more events in the future. My only worry is I don't get the containment set, have only 2 pieces and 5 codex logs now. I hope this event come again someday. At least I got Crimson Rakling and one of the black-green crystals. :) It's been fun.

I agree.

Next to come are also Christmas trees, Easter Bunnies and Halloween costumes. If the player community allows

the developers to continue this way SWTOR will end up like WoW ..a game for 6-10 years old. Come on...having fun is okay...but sensible fun. Events that fit in with the lore and spirit of Starwars.

To have anyone spread the plague intentionally to earn a few credits ( or armor that is soon enough outdated, or a essentially horribly silly pet Rakghul) in my opinion childish. If the player community does not take objection to this..then it will continue. The 10 year old will rule the game and serious players will wander off.

Personally, I do not wish for another SW-WoW. Keep SWTOR up to KOTOR level.

I must disagree. For one, KOTOR was one of the main introductions to this virus. Comparing it to our societies holidays being added is just silly. As for calling people names or otherwise insulting people for standing near you, there is a daily for infecting 10 people. Don't want to be infected? Guess what... that's common. They wouldn't call it a plague if people wanted it! It is easy to remove and easy to avoid. Your not wanting a debuff that causes no in-combat issues (unless you hold it long enough to explode) except for maybe dismounting you is hardly grounds to rage out on the game or the developers.

Sounds like you're more of the child here than the people trying to infect you. Maybe the next event will have a plague whose infected will grow up, stop whining, and remove the ability to breathe from those who keep talking about WoW everywhere.

As for credits, no they don't really get credits at all for infecting you (except for that daily giving dna samples that people want to buy), but I personally want to get the +41 crystals, which are quite remarkable for fresh 50s.

Edited by Neptuno

Taking a step back from the debate, Is there any word on whether or not the Containment Officer social gear will be made medium/heavy depending on class at some stage? Seems a shame for it to be the centerpiece of the staggered daily rewards, but that the majority of classes will have no use for it due to it being the wrong armor type.

I'm tired of this event. Not quite sure what a "horror" genre event is doing in Star Wars, but whatever. At least it is ending soon.

If you have played KOTOR you would know that Rakghoul plague is very much a part of Star Wars.

Would love to see this event extended another week. I was unable to get in-game for personal reasons. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks! :)

Same with not being in game the first week, please extend or chain the quests, though at this time and day I think changing the daily opening of the quests is too late, So I ask that the event can be extended a few more days or maybe even a week.

Thanks

So there wasn't an additional mission for today? The final one was for chest/belt, yes?

I haven't been in yet, but there was not a new quest (to my knowledge) for a wrist item, so I assume the chest/belt choice is the last new unlocked daily.