Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

I would say one thing more in relation to the boss fights for the title: Please make these bosses NOT reset on distance from the spawn point.

You would not believe how ludicrous is has gotten to simply complete these guys due to both opposing faction and same faction players descending en mass to taunt the boss that you and your group have triggered "out of range" to force it to reset/de-spawn, then proceed to trigger it for themselves and put you right back on the four hour timer.

Oh, I'll also mention having single players trigger the boss spawn to ensure you cannot kill it as a delaying tactic while their group speeds over to kill it.

I have had this happen to my group four times in the last three days and, frankly, have now just given up on getting the "Containment Officer" title all together.

A better solution would have been to have bosses for each faction located in their respective areas, or to remove the area reset for them so that other players couldn't harass you this way.

I acknowledge this is more player gaming of mechanics than anything, but this is definitely the kind of thing that should be considered and planned for in future (as it really detracts from enjoyment, to say the very least).

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most childish event I have ever come across (been playing games for 30 years). You get infected

and die. To spread the misery you infect as many others as possible, so they die also.

The result? SWTOR, the game played with dead players Characters. What a freakish scenario!

The event fails any and every test of logic..and that even in the fantasy game world.

Oh..sorry...forgot. the PvP crowd play with dead Characters anyhow. Well, I would call the game

a death orgy. We all play with dead characters and those who somehow....through skill or pure luck.. avoid being dead

are killed off by the Developers. After all, it can not be that anyone is not dead.

SWTOR, the game of the Dead. It is time to rename the game. I suggest, 999 way of how to die.

Sense = You lack it.

These type of things tend to be boring and the effort taken to get it done doesn't equal the rewards you get, thats normally how it is with mmos.

Effort taken doesn't equal the rewards? Dude you're practically given a free level 56 crystal!

I paid 1 million credits for a level 48 White crystal o.O

For this and future Events, could you pls instruct and inform others to stay away from Rest Zones, Safe Zones, and the Markets.

I encountered at least two infected characters in the common area of Kass City on Drommund Kass, and thought Core worlds were off limits for such things. Even so, it sure ruins shopping at the mall to have some odorous indv trying to hurl on you while you price items.

Thanks!

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

I am loving the event and doing my best to write this post fast as the forums make me have insane headaches so any spelling mistakes plz forgive.

I would love it if you set it so that if one of your chars has unlocked the chain that it unlocks to that stage for all your chars as if you had informed your family of the impending distater as its unfolding and you have sent them to help ( just a bit of roleplay if you like).

Also could you please please please set the containment gear to bind on legacy, i would love this set on my Bounty hunter as it freaking rocks, but i have zero chance of getting my bounty hunter to the minimum lvl required in time to get the full chain completed on her. If it were Bind to legacy like the customization kits it would make it so these kits are usable for alot longer due to the possibility of it being used on future created chars.

i know that may grind some people up the wrong way but at the end of the day you have to have completed the full chain anyhows to attain the gear and its not like you can equipe it to every char and companion unless you attain that many armour sets via the daily quests.

Edited by Shingara

I'm worried I'm not going to be able to get the full armor set here. : /

Just completed scanning Jawas, but I think I lost a day since it was a hidden quest. : /

You're fine. Jawas is #3. You have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. That means you can get two full sets, including the belts if you do the pure sample tomorrow, then the dewbacks on Saturday.

I am loving the event and doing my best to write this post fast as the forums make me have insane headaches so any spelling mistakes plz forgive.

I would love it if you set it so that if one of your chars has unlocked the chain that it unlocks to that stage for all your chars as if you had informed your family of the impending distater as its unfolding and you have sent them to help ( just a bit of roleplay if you like).

Also could you please please please set the containment gear to bind on legacy, i would love this set on my Bounty hunter as it freaking rocks, but i have zero chance of getting my bounty hunter to the minimum lvl required in time to get the full chain completed on her. If it were Bind to legacy like the customization kits it would make it so these kits are usable for alot longer due to the possibility of it being used on future created chars.

i know that may grind some people up the wrong way but at the end of the day you have to have completed the full chain anyhows to attain the gear and its not like you can equipe it to every char and companion unless you attain that many armour sets via the daily quests.

Yes to all of this :)

I would love to be able to share the armor with my lower level alts who can't do the event (though I am already doing it with 6 alts, more would difficult :)) I also dislike the unlock 1 quest per day, per character. If an alt falls too far behind they can never catch up.

Love this event. My only grief is that the armor is all light. Would like it if they where some kind of kit so you can trade for either light, medium, or heavy versions in case I may want to play the actual game in this gear. Great for Inquisitors but sucks for Marauders and Bounty Hunters ect.

I've got to say, I've been enjoying the event a lot...but as the event is nearing the end rapidly, PLEASE remove the stupid restriction that forces a player to spread out the containment gear quests between multiple days.

Latecomers won't be able to catch up, no matter how much time they choose to devote to that.

I'm extremely concerned I won't be able to get all the gear thanks to me getting a late start on this event...real life intervened.

This is just bad form, Bioware. You guys introduce a surprise event, and make it waaaaay too short. The combination of surpise/brevity basically means "screw anyone who can't play every day thanks to scheduling and actual IRL responsibilities".

Had this event been announced ahead of time, more people might have been online to participate in it. As it stands, I think that it should be extended a few days. Especially to make up for the emergency maintainence days.

Edited by Ceiling_Squid

Love this event. My only grief is that the armor is all light. Would like it if they where some kind of kit so you can trade for either light, medium, or heavy versions in case I may want to play the actual game in this gear. Great for Inquisitors but sucks for Marauders and Bounty Hunters ect.
\

All social gear in the game is light armor :( I suppose it's intended for roleplay purposes for the most part (unless you're actually a light armor wearer).

They are? o.O
Sadly they're not...

I mean, there's the technicality where someone can log off and unsubscribe to the game to avoid it... but the person you're responding to is clearly asking for it to be optional while still allowing people to play the game.

\

All social gear in the game is light armor :( I suppose it's intended for roleplay purposes for the most part (unless you're actually a light armor wearer).

I know, thats whY i think it should be tokens, not actual gear, even if it's for roleplay. I actually like the way some of the gear looks. I just like as many customization options as possible. I don't see any reason why not. Either way, you earn the gear, you get what you want.

I know, thats whY i think it should be tokens, not actual gear, even if it's for roleplay. I actually like the way some of the gear looks. I just like as many customization options as possible. I don't see any reason why not. Either way, you earn the gear, you get what you want.

I agree, this would be fun :)

I've got to say, I've been enjoying the event a lot...but as the event is nearing the end rapidly, PLEASE remove the stupid restriction that forces a player to spread out the containment gear quests between multiple days.

Latecomers won't be able to catch up, no matter how much time they choose to devote to that.

I'm extremely concerned I won't be able to get all the gear thanks to me getting a late start on this event...real life intervened.

This is just bad form, Bioware. You guys introduce a surprise event, and make it waaaaay too short. The combination of surpise/brevity basically means "screw anyone who can't play every day thanks to scheduling and actual IRL responsibilities".

Had this event been announced ahead of time, more people might have been online to participate in it. As it stands, I think that it should be extended a few days. Especially to make up for the emergency maintainence days.

I agree as i also got a late start due to work and real life :( I would have liked to get the full set of Gear but looks like i just wont have the chance due to the daily unlocking feature. I did however love the concept of this event and look forward to more in the future. At least i will get the 2 Rakling pets. The plague spreading was clever yet some found it annoying :/ I agree with the post regarding staying away from populated ares till it blows over, i mean i think some gamers need a diaper change :)

Does anybody know if the vendor will stick around also AFTER the event has ended?

I think there is a lack of information (or maybe I couldn't find info myself) on the following 2 topics:

- is this going to be a yearly event? -> logic should say NO

- what will happen to the vendor? Just to know if we should dump all of our DNA samples

I just got to start the event.

On one hand, I'm loving it as far as the lore and the setting are concerned. Though it seems BioWare are hoplessly in love with the rakghouls and use them as often as they can :D

On the other hand, being a latecommer... I wish that there was no stupid restriction on the Dailies. I don't care for the gear that much, but I won't be able to do all the quests for the remaining four days and it's a bummer. Some of us don't play every day and we're not always hanging out at the Fleet. Actually, I didn't even found out that there was an event until I went to the Fleet to put a bunch of things at the GTN.

I just got to start the event.

On one hand, I'm loving it as far as the lore and the setting are concerned. Though it seems BioWare are hoplessly in love with the rakghouls and use them as often as they can :D

On the other hand, being a latecommer... I wish that there was no stupid restriction on the Dailies. I don't care for the gear that much, but I won't be able to do all the quests for the remaining four days and it's a bummer. Some of us don't play every day and we're not always hanging out at the Fleet. Actually, I didn't even found out that there was an event until I went to the Fleet to put a bunch of things at the GTN.

the one thing I'll say to this is this. The story line is fun and funny, some of the quests you do are so so. The equipment you get from the quests is social gear, so not really usefull to many classes (except light armour users, and then again not usefull for endgame) for combat. I think the last day to be able to pick up all the set pieces would have been on the 17th which i think is 3 or 4 days after the event started. I think that's a fair amount of time to let people realize what's going on and decide whether or not they'll want to participate in the event. Some people might think that's too long of a time to give people, and others not enough.

Even though you may not be able to complete the armour set if you've started late. You'd most likely still have enough time to gather enough dna samples to buy the items from the vendor. i've averaged between 25 and 35 dna samples/per day. Some are picked up as quest rewards from doing dailies and the rest from blowing up from the infection 5x dna samples each time. With these dna samples you can purchase the items from the vendor which some are social/vanity the pets/companion customizations and some that are usefull like the weapons crystals both lvl 31 and lvl 50 crystals. which cost 75 dna samples and 83 dna samples respectively.

By allowing people to do this it's almost like Bioware saying, "you know what for those that picked up the quest too late to get the full social gear armour set, we'll at least give you the opportunity to pick up enough of the quest currency to get yourselves something nice.

I think as far as the vendor is concerned. it'll probably stick around until the end of the month 7 days (1 week) to let people spend the rest of their currency. i personally will probably keep some around to show the new players in a couple of years what they missed :) [ and maybe a couple of high end crystals as "antiques" ]

the one thing I'll say to this is this. The story line is fun and funny, some of the quests you do are so so. The equipment you get from the quests is social gear, so not really usefull to many classes (except light armour users, and then again not usefull for endgame) for combat. I think the last day to be able to pick up all the set pieces would have been on the 17th which i think is 3 or 4 days after the event started. I think that's a fair amount of time to let people realize what's going on and decide whether or not they'll want to participate in the event. Some people might think that's too long of a time to give people, and others not enough.

Even though you may not be able to complete the armour set if you've started late. You'd most likely still have enough time to gather enough dna samples to buy the items from the vendor. i've averaged between 25 and 35 dna samples/per day. Some are picked up as quest rewards from doing dailies and the rest from blowing up from the infection 5x dna samples each time. With these dna samples you can purchase the items from the vendor which some are social/vanity the pets/companion customizations and some that are usefull like the weapons crystals both lvl 31 and lvl 50 crystals. which cost 75 dna samples and 83 dna samples respectively.

By allowing people to do this it's almost like Bioware saying, "you know what for those that picked up the quest too late to get the full social gear armour set, we'll at least give you the opportunity to pick up enough of the quest currency to get yourselves something nice.

I think as far as the vendor is concerned. it'll probably stick around until the end of the month 7 days (1 week) to let people spend the rest of their currency. i personally will probably keep some around to show the new players in a couple of years what they missed :) [ and maybe a couple of high end crystals as "antiques" ]

But hell, the gear is one of the only things I'm actually interested in! It's the main reason I started playing the event, and now that I found out it's once a day, I feel like I'm just wasting my time.

Why the heck does it have to have the arbitrary one-piece-a-day restriction? Especially with the event going through the early part of the week, some of us only have time to play the last handful of days as schedules get near the weekend!