OMG I am going BLIND with this new look! PLEASE REVERT!

Agooz

Other than the aweful colors it works fine on Firefox for me, version 11.0

I like the main site design but everthing just blends on the forum making me have to strain to read.

every time i see someone say the bolded about it i remember a old allakazam April fools joke when they made the site colors brite pink and purple. i couldn't go to the site for more than a few min at a time because it gave me a headache.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More evidence that people will complain about everything.

The previous forum design was one of the worst I've ever seen of a hundred-million dollar product. The new look is infinitely better than the previous version(s). If anything you should be allowed the option of how you view the forum--but the default should remain the new version. Of course you'll get use to this look as you did the other one.

You know, the overall design isn't that awful. The graphics are fine for the most part. The color scheme could have a little bit more contrast, but it's passable.

The thing that really destroys the readability and overall flow of this site is the exaggerated vertical spacing. It's like someone took the website, made a silly putty imprint of it, and then stretched the whole thing vertically 50%. It's extremely tiring to read.

Can you PLEASE ditch the narrow/light fonts, and tighten up the vertical spacing a bit?

I didn't even know there was 2 colors on the posts until i read it here. I should not have to adjust my monitor simply to read a forum page.

I agree that there is way too much vertical wasted space, i have to scroll down way too much just to read stuff that used to fit on screen. The font choice and reduced contrast due to color choice makes things harder to read.

On my system at least I get overlapping visual elements at the top of the forum and when reading threads.

Overall - 2/10. Send the creator back to Web Design 101

It´s painfull to read...organisation and order hasnt changed in any way...all that happened were minor tweaks wit new icons on the mainpage, giving it a new "look". It´s still the same as before with new colors, which don´t work nicely from a web design point of view.

A better soution would have been to give us a choice. Now all threads take more space, Sticky Posts are hard to see, in general another fail in design. Anyone being in graphic design could have done ebtter after their first 3 of practise period.

From my view as a graphic designer, this is not a big step forward, its just a minimalistic change with a change of colors. I hoped for e better organisation in the forum not just a change of colors.

But well i know...what does one opinion count. I am just not sure who made this and everyone said....oh wow it looks great...cause it doesn´t in the sleightest.

What the hec is up with the color scheme? It is HORRIBLE. PLEASE at least give is to option to view it in the old classic look. I cant spend more than 5min reading anything on this forum now.

If bioware gave you free gold, you'd complain that it's heavy!

If bioware gave you free gold, you'd complain that it's heavy!

No.

The new scheme looks fine on the website itself.

However the new scheme on the forums is basically giving me eyestrain and a headache, there's something very off about it (I think it's a lack of contrast between the 2 off-colours [black and greyish] with the main colour (the gold isn't bright enough) combined with some weird post and text sizing issues - it's horrible compared to the old look).

Edited by Goretzu

I don't mind the new layout, what i can't stand is the COLOURS.

I do a lot of work on computers, a lot of work for and on websites, and even when i'm not working and just surfing, going from dark backgrounds and light text, to white backgrounds and black text gives me a headache and makes it hard to read for any length of time.

I'm actively avoiding the forums a lot not because i can't go back and forth too much.

Just one thing to say about this new layout.

"It is Awful"

Whomever you are paying to do this webby needs a holiday. They are definately suffering from eye strain.

Regards

Dek

p.s. Next time Dev's , how about you put a test area up with the new layout then ask peoples opinions first. Would make more sense i think.

Edited by Dekurgan

I don't particularly like it...

The fonts are not very crisp and get blurry after a few minutes.

They layout is nice... it's just the fonts don't work too well. Maybe it's just the color combination.

Edited by FooBard

I created a similar post firstbthingbthis morning. A Dev responded promptly and there have been several new threads that have popped up, all closed with redirects to here.

Just like so many things so recently changed, the old forums were fine. I had no complaints other than the lack of server forums.

While I doubt I will get my wish, I would love to see them revert to the old design, the one in which there was actual contrast between terrible pale font and drab grey background. Yellow on black are visually more receptive. The current design will be sending readers to the eye doctors.

People dont like change.

I like change, but i like to be able to see when a post changes from the post to there sig to the next post. I mean in all seriousness what is so hard about putting blue borders around posts and a blue line that seperates the posters post,sig and quotes within posts.

Edited by Shingara

Hey, this new forum color scheme is really bad.

1. Its now really hard to tell "Read" threads from "Unread" threads. Old design made this much easier to see. Its virtually undetectable with this new skin.

2. WAY too much cellpadding/cellspacing between table rows. Old design could fit many more rows of data on the screen. New design has WAY too much padding and spacing between table rows, which makes the pages longer requiring WAY more scrolling than before.

3. Lack of contrast. The old system had more contrast between different elements, such as table rows. The new CSS background colors are black and ... DARK GRAY. This is barely any contrast, making everything visually merge with each other. In addition, the "dull gold on black" for text is abhorrent on the eyes. Text should be a brighter shade or color for more contrast.

I have light sensitive eyes, and it's fairly easy going on my eyes. I think the color choice is crap (pun intended) though. I would like some theme choices at least, because I really like the blue theme of the old forum.