Marauder/Sentinel: How to beat us

Yescek

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Gunslinger in BM set and i have no problem killing Mara's. Although after 1.2 BM is as good as wrapping a towel around my body for protection.

I had trouble in the beginning but once i adapted to my class i have no trouble anymore.

actually you wanted to prove that sents/maras are overpowered? i wouldn't agree that much, but your opening post reads like this.

avoid 1on1?

never knockback or fill the resolve bar? so basically just stand there and die? because you CANNOT run otherwise?

actually there are some classes that are fodder to a sent/mara. though these are not only fodder to this but also to most if not all other classes. the thing is only, the lose of a fight with these classes looks always more dramatically when against a sent/mara.

this is why sent/mara are if at all only a bit overpowered. the real issue is some classes having some very big issues by design.

but to get back to the topic, to the op: you didn't made your class a favour. you basically proved for all out there sents/maras actually ARE overpowered. only a few would know that most of what you write is, well....

just LOL...

it was like :

bounty hunters (mercenary) are too OP, do somethin about that Bioware or we'll unsub! ... they did

operatives are OP Bioware!!! what the heck Bioware??, do somethin about that or we'll unsub! ... they did

healers are veeeeery OP , cmon Bioware do somethin about that it or we'll unsub... they did

NOW maras are tooooo OP , Bioware cmon take one of their lightsaber away, and switch it with a wooden stick, yeah that should do... ooor we'll unsub...

I mean c'mon guys dont u think it might be something wrong with u instead of overpowered maras ? I am not saying they lack in dps or somethin but that's what they are made for, aren't they? i don't personaly find mara unbeatable in 1vs1 fight as well, its just a matter of encountering them with all the knowledge about their weeknesses... can't fight any class the same way what u obviously know, but maybe forgot...

I may be right, i may be wrong so dont flame me too much pls :p, but all im saying is that if u were beaten by a mara few times in a row doesn't need to make them SO OP

The only thing OP about marauders right now is the 80% predation buff in Carnage (this will break rated warzones). People focus so much on the damage aspect of marauders (which is probably the most preventable damage in the game (dispel destroys annihilation bleeds, carnage is countered by tanks and gore awareness, rage is very gimmicky--one trick pony).

this post is full of clueless and lies!

mara/sents is BY FAR NOT the most preventable damage in the game!

sages/sorcs damage is far easier to prevent

kommandos/mercs gunnery specc is also far easier to prevent!

actually nothing you worte above about preventing a sents/maras dmg is right:

dispelling does not really help against annihilation:

beside having 2 dots there is also a healing debuff and a slow. a dispel can only dispel 2 (random) effects every 12s.

the dots get reapplied very fast.

the few classes that can dispell can't dispell all others due to the cooldown.

they can'T perma dispell themself due to the cooldown and they either get some of the damage of or the slow. so they still get beaten meanwhile the COOLDOWN!

beside of this the dots do not make up for 100% of the damage.

you cannot prevent annihilations damage at all. that's totally bulls.hit!

carnage countered by tanks? lol?

since 1.2 you go through a tanks mitigation faster than the cd's of a tank helps him to stay alive. and you want us all to respecc tank? ***?

the most preventable damage? you have absolutely NO CLUE ABOUT this game and the other classes! NO CLUE!

you want to defend sents/maras? then shut up. you make it worse for this class than any whiner could ever do!

The only thing OP about marauders right now is the 80% predation buff in Carnage (this will break rated warzones). People focus so much on the damage aspect of marauders (which is probably the most preventable damage in the game (dispel destroys annihilation bleeds, carnage is countered by tanks and gore awareness, rage is very gimmicky--one trick pony).

The best post in this thread.

I was Carnage before 1.2 and buffed Predation coupled with new access to abilities boosting Fury generation has added an entire new dimension. I have scored 6 in Huttball several times since 1.2 came in, it gives a great headstart in Alderaan and Novare, and it's also great used at the right moments in Voidstar.

I'm not worried about our dps. 1v1 is one of our specialities - all classes have them. And dps geared tankassins are better 1v1 anyway. I think most of what people are complaining about here is the new gear gradient created by the changes to expertise budgets. If you are wearing champ and your opponent is in BM they have a much bigger advantage now.

But I am concerned over use of the group speed buff by Carnage marauders and Combat sentinels will lead to it being nerfed, I admit.

ok maybe its cause my guardian isnt lvl 50 yet but ive killed Marauders and Sentinels in pvp and even one on one.

my sniper never has a porblem with them either but im guessing since ive seen a similer thred that complained about tanks sucking in pvp that might be where your comming from.

Haha this.

Look, you went to the effort of typing that, and I applaud you for that, even though none of that information is new at all to me as I've played the class.

But really, here is the easiest way to counter something you don't have a solution for: just copy it. Either you've now learned the counter, or if there is no reliable counter, you're going to dominate.

Now there are some counters, but Maras are clearly the strongest class right now, so if you're a good player just use them because it will make you dominant. The majority are not actually good, so even if everybody played Maras if you're a good player you'll still win.

Eventually they'll nerf this class and a new good class will take over. When that happens you just play the next class. I thought pre-1.2 the balance was fine, everybody seemed to have options and when played intelligently would be dangerous. But for some reason people complained, and so the devs nerfed everyone and buffed Sent/Mara, under the impression that those classes were weak. Now everyone will ***** about Sent/Mara, so eventually they will get nerfed.

I suspect Snipers will be the next FOTM.

Nah, it'll be Shadows. Snipers are already good and Shadows are already good, but which one is a Force User?

Okay so, dont CC until you guys use Undying rage, got it.

After 5 tries to just get marauder to 50% before dying you finally manage to bring him down to a point of a maybe win:

*Marauder pops undying rage*

cast stun on marauder

*Marauder pops unleash*

err, a lil help pls?

Dear OP, youre attitude is arrogant and youre are blinded and if not arroused by the even more buffing changes you got from 1.2 and I suggest you try being in the receiving end first of a marauder encounter and then we can talk tactics :)

All i got from this is, do this when we does that but yea if he is this and this spec you wont stand a chance anyway.

Dont mind being beat by a dual wielding melee class repeatly as a sorcerer, thats the way of the rock paper scissor world and i accepted that when i chose my class, but i really cant stand that the ppl behind the class think thats its because they are very good at playing. Wtb dispersion anyone?

Edited by Steele_dk

Hey alright, something we can agree on =) I loved my class pre 1.2. Now I just have a bad taste in my mouth.

On a side note. How's come snipers aren't getting any attention? A well geared sniper can get you to 30% health just as fast. As it stands now if I see one look my way no matter what I am doing, I'm gonna leave my target and try to close the distance fast cause you can't lock down a healer or anything if you dead. I'm guessing because there aren't near as many of them?

Because snipers have the some of the worst defensive cooldowns in the game and you just los them or force jump (to the nearest non sniper on their team) force run etc into melee range and splat them. Or just run normally, 30m range is about 5seconds of move time.

In other words they do similar damage but are easily beaten unlike the maras.

Marauders are just obscene.

Let me describe what happened to me yesterday.

Focus guardian, sitting on ~ 900 expertise, mix of BM and champion modded gear.

I see a marauder, i pop everything, open on him, big numbers flying around. Immediate force push, another jump on him, more big crits flying. Force stasis, i release him, another big hit. So now he is on 5% hp. Guess what, after that he kills me in 1-2 hits max, while he didn't do anything special, he just looked at me and i died.

Many classes get the same beating as i do. Great survivability plus insane damage in one class is a design to fail.

To the topic OP - so, I , as a melee class, must run whenever i see one of you, right? Not because you are outplaying me, but becase BW gave you the iwin class, right?

OP is a Marauder.

>Don't knock us back.

>Don't stun us.

>Try to run from us.

Why do I smell a troll?

Because he is.

And i have to say his trolling is quite masterful consider how long his post is and how many people fell for it.

Run away from us?

I've got a better idea.

How about you stun us and focus fire the hell out of us so we have to pop undying and run away from you instead?

Edited by hyuplee

Because snipers have the some of the worst defensive cooldowns in the game and you just los them or force jump (to the nearest non sniper on their team) force run etc into melee range and splat them. Or just run normally, 30m range is about 5seconds of move time.

In other words they do similar damage but are easily beaten unlike the maras.

This is the problem. People have no clue how to counter a mara, and just whine on the forums. For snipers, they say los, leap to someone else to close the gap, etc. About mara, the average monkey says they are hard to beat, godmode, etc.

And if one mara takes 3 out of 5 and he is solo, buy the recruit gear. Its blue, but trust me, its better than your level 40 purples.

All things being equal(gear level, experience level, stim and medpack usage)

Pt =mara

Sniper > mara

Dps sin = mara

Tanksin > mara

Tank jug > mara

Op >= mara

Tanks have the cc and avoidance to beat maras. Tank classes have the taunts to fubar mara damage. Burst classes can bring the same amount of pain. However, people are used to the bad marauders, that still can only break 150k, and never bothered to learn the counters. Now that bad marauders are decent in 1v1, and the good ones(can be counted on one hand per server) are beasts that need to be taken down by smart cd and cc usage, people cry foul.

Insulting fellow players doesn't invalidate the fact that Maras are overpowered as a result of 1.2.

Only 1 Dps ability was buffed. And this ability is a 3 second channeled ability that if you are to lazy to move, you can cc us.

Definetly a learn to play issue.

I don't get ppl talking about ravage or w/e like it is some great ability, when they do it to me I just move out of range. The powertech/vanguard aoe (which more seem to be speccing these days) is the same, even though it snares you for heaps, it sucks, and only last tick hits very hard.

Perhaps I should be levelling a sniper in anticipation of mara being nerfed? (I was considering tankasin or vanguard but they are a little dull.) After all they've nerfed virtually everything else. I don't think I can though, levelling in this game so linear/same/slow.

This is the problem. People have no clue how to counter a mara, and just whine on the forums. For snipers, they say los, leap to someone else to close the gap, etc. About mara, the average monkey says they are hard to beat, godmode, etc.

And if one mara takes 3 out of 5 and he is solo, buy the recruit gear. Its blue, but trust me, its better than your level 40 purples.

All things being equal(gear level, experience level, stim and medpack usage)

Pt =mara

Sniper > mara

Dps sin = mara

Tanksin > mara

Tank jug > mara

Op >= mara

Tanks have the cc and avoidance to beat maras. Tank classes have the taunts to fubar mara damage. Burst classes can bring the same amount of pain. However, people are used to the bad marauders, that still can only break 150k, and never bothered to learn the counters. Now that bad marauders are decent in 1v1, and the good ones(can be counted on one hand per server) are beasts that need to be taken down by smart cd and cc usage, people cry foul.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. If you actually believe that, instead of trying to protect the OP class you play then you are a *********** retard.

The class is OP, once you get some decent gear, its faceroll easy as long as you can wsad towards your target.

Edited by da_krall

You're trying to teach strategy to the people on these forums? Better luck teaching it to a group of toddlers. If they can't kill Maras/Sents by button mashing, then they're overpowered.

True story.

Although I learned one thing though - I need to stop blowing my force charge just because I can build 4 rage with it against a fresh target if I'm already in melee range.

Thanks for that :)

I do not see why people still think mauraders/sent are OP now. Sure we do alot of damage but

1) we are melee

2) All skill trees are this Damage/Damage/Damage (so you expect us to heal or tank or cheerlead)

3) If facing a team with lots of range they can eat us up, a good sniper can put some hurt, or a stealth op can take down some HP quickly.

As the 1vs1 not everyone is good 1v1. There has not even been that many times in warzones these days were I find myself in a 1 v 1 fight without someone stopping by.

I maybe get that 1v1 metal once every 3-4 matches, and it is usually vs a BH or sorc type.

I love the fact that we should avoid a 1v1 situatiion is described as our counter. The fact that 1v1 maruaders **** everything is the problem. This logic is epic. I wish I could just tell people, well my class is ok you just need to bring friends to kill me.

100% agree. I can understand that one class is better then another, even few, on 1 vs 1 but not better then all. Like I will be ok if you could smoke healers or casters in 1 vs 1 but some other stereotype class should be smoking you to counter stuffs.

Right now looks like you are the KING of 1 vs 1 does not matter what class are you fighting.

does not looks right imho.