Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

I am happy for this change, i have legacy level 10 but no level 50's, i was kicking myself when i heard about it cause there was no way to get my level 43 to level 50 in time. this is awesome and thank you guys for looking into a more fair way to do this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played a lot of hours every day since February 14 and my highest level character is still only 31.

Having to jump from server to server because their populations are imploding does not unlock Legacy faster.

Go to that level 31 character and play it for a week. At level 31 you should have started your legacy or at least be very close. If you play a lot of hours every day (or even not that many) then legacy level 6 shoul take almost no time at all just from questing and leveling. As soon as you hit level 6 legacy, return to your normal server.

I don't really understand why you server hopped so much. I did it once...and all I did was check the server list at two different times of day and sort it by population. I went to the server that was in the top two at both times. Why did you keep going to different low pop servers?

You have just reached the top of my list for being the most absurd poster on these forums...and that's saying something.

BW: Hey guys, we're sorry. We are extending the free play time to a lot more people.

Poster: OMG BW, you all suck! I can't believe you treat us like crap.

Amazing what some people think.

Actually no, they did not apologize. The extension is a good but an apology would have made a bigger difference because it was never about the 30 days nor the $15 but purely the principle.

Please post where they said this, and didn't come across like they were doing us a favor.

Thanks!

Personally, I want to see an apology. I want to see them admit they goofed up, and more importantly, I want reassurance that something like this won't happen again.

Let's see if Bioware learned anything from this or not.

This ^^^^

I missed the actual apology. Honestly, I could care less about the free time. I'd just like an apology for how poorly the Marketing Team worded their original promotion.

A lot of people don't need the free time; they just want to feel as though they are a valued player, as well as supportive and loyal. There are countless ways we've shown our loyalty by our purchases, reporting bugs in beta and on the PTS.

I do, sincerely, appreciate the attempt (as misguided as it is) with this expansion of the promotion. Sadly, it is still too little, too late.

Those that are in my same position will likely agree.

The rest of you, please, flame on.

It's hard completing flashpoints and quests and doing some endgame to boot when there are usually two or three other people on a planet with you at the same time and the fleet population barely gets into the double digits at peak hours.

I took my SW from lvl 1 to lvl 50 and never grouped for anything. Total play time to get there was 61hrs and that was watching every cut scean they had. How you play is your choice but if you want the free 30 days i would recomend you hit up your highest lvl char and blaze him through story mode while staying cued up for pvp the entire time.

gotta love some people bioware opens up the promotion to many more people, and still people whine and complain.

Still plenty of ways to get it,

First, you need to have passed Chapter 1 to unlock your legacy. Examples of how to get to Legacy Level 6 include:

A pair of characters Level 45 and 42

A trio of characters of Levels 45, 32 and 32

A bunch of characters Levels 35, 33, 31, 29 and 20

A single 50th level character that has enjoyed the endgame for a brief time

Instead of wasting time here whining, if you want it, go try and get it.

This isn't a solution. I'm still being told that someone who payed less for the game, and has (potentially) been subscribed for less time is more important than I am as a customer. And right before subscriptions are due? I'm offended by EA's sheer stupidity here more than anything else.

I played WoW for 7 years at this pace. If you guys don't want 7 years of subscription fees from me, that's fine. I just don't understand why.

Actually no, they did not apologize. The extension is a good but an apology would have made a bigger difference because it was never about the 30 days nor the $15 but purely the principle.

This ^^^^, too.

What I don't get is why BW is insisting that the promotion be tied to (experience/legacy) levels. I mean, if their true intent was to reward "loyal and valued customers", wouldn't they tie it to something like, oh, I don't know, NUMBER OF MONTHS SUBSCRIBED TO THE GAME!?!

Because the community needs people to be playing the game in oder to build it... Active community bring more community.

If I sit on a sub, sure I'm spending money but I'm not contributing any building to the community.

Players want to see MMO's full of life and people out playing. This legacy promo fix was the right thing to do.

They addressed it in the way they saw fitting and for the fact that they even did so is a positive sign in my book. I did not end up with any possibility of gaining the free month even with the extension, but I applaud them for listening and adapting to the customers. Many companies do not even try. Nice work Bioware. :)

Because the community needs people to be playing the game in oder to build it... Active community bring more community.

If I sit on a sub, sure I'm spending money but I'm not contributing any building to the community.

Players want to see MMO's full of life and people out playing. This legacy promo fix was the right thing to do.

This ^

Did you see the part about April 22nd? Still over a week to get this...

A week if you are able to play constantly. I unfortunately can not, way too busy. One of the other reasons besides reolls I am not legacy 6 or 50. I am Legacy 1, however I have faithfully subbed since early access. It really should be for people who have subbed each month since release.

I'm afraid not. :) You'll get 30 days either for having a Level 50 character or for having Legacy Level 6 on your account. Thanks for your dedication though.

Ditto for you. ;)

Why bother even answering these no brain questions, you got trolled. Take a look around the forum and answer some real questions for a change, instead of picking the easiest and most simple to answer, that even my dog knows the answers too.

Edited by System_TOR

Nice job BW, collectively. Giving people some wiggle room with something as important as a free month is something that the other gorillas in the room wouldn't. I appreciate that.

Gives my friends some time to earn that for themselves, too. So it's very kind.

Thank you for extending a voluntary, and generous promotion to your customers.

A few of my friends have yet to get a fifty, but with this extra time I'm sure they can get some legacy exp in time. On behalf of them, thank you BW.

I usually don't post about this kind of stuff but I am kind of torn on this one. I guess I am not sure what the point of the reward is on this one? Loyalty? What is the gauge for loyalty? Is the only gauge for loyalty hitting level cap on a character or having enough high level characters to log in to hit Legacy 6. I must admit on this one I do kind of feel it is a slap in the face to those of us that can't log in and play for hours every single night (darn those jobs and families). I registered on this site in 2008 and preordered a $150 CE because I was stoked about the game and then paid for 3 months of game time which is not expired as of right now (no lapse in my subscription as of yet) for a game that had just released. I have a level 20 as my highest toon due to lack of playing time. So after taking all of my money up front for a CE and a sub based on my faith in their game just because I wasn't able to log in and advance my character to cap I am less qualified to get a free month of game time than someone else that payed the same amount and just got to play more. They didn't have to do this for anyone but giving level 50 players a free month to make sure they stick around and don't get distracted with other games because they are bored and banking on me continuing to pay because I still have level cap to look forward to is a pretty crappy way to do business to me.

Holy Bantha Poodu!

First, I see that I have 30 days extra added to my time.. and new options for other people to get the same thing..

Then I log in and while my game is patching, see that I'm awarded an extra day because of maintenance.

Heck, you guys already had my sub, but I think that's awesome that you're actually listening to the players!

I'm glad they are at least giving us a chance to hit either one. Might or might not get up that high, we'll see. It's much better than the original thing.

The main thing that got me upset is the "most loyal players" in the original promotion. Someone playing on day 1 that plays casually can easily be more loyal than someone that powerlevels to 50. I could care less what the reward was, just that it basically said that casual players are not valued customers even if they pre-ordered on the first day and have been subbed since release.

I was one of those who was prepared to stay for the long haul.

That being said, you all impress once more. The promotion terms on their own were a marked improvement, but I truly believe that the addition of the extra days' time to reach that goal makes a tremendous difference.

Most of all, thanks for responding with the message. As others have said, you could have easily just sat on your hands and most of us would have resubbed anyway. But you went the extra mile and made it right.

It would have been nice to see those who pre-ordered and were subbed from day one appreciated as well. Perhaps there is something else the management team can do to extend them a courtesy as well, and let them know that they are also appreciated as valuable and loyal (as recurring money ought to mean something as well).

If not now in this promotion, perhaps in the near future? I would expect of course that those who met this promotional requirement wouldn't be eligible for that one.

Anyway, the extension to a metric beyond just "level 50" is a great step forward. Now let's just make sure that word "loyal" is more carefully applied in the future.

Now I've gotta get crackin'... I still don't meet the requirements! LOL

But I have a chance... :)

____

For those who don't have a 50 yet, or a legacy 6, there are ways you can try to speed that process up. I'm glad they extended it, but I do agree with you that another element for the solid paying base should have been included.

However, there are 9 days left, and if you have a character of about level 25-30, you can probably make it without spending your life on the game for the next week plus.

I believe there are some tips and tricks on the net that will help with this. Although it may mean some spacebarring through content. Apparently PVP is also a good way to level up quickly. And PVP on empty servers may allow you to level up much faster than on more populated servers.

Also, make sure you are doing your space missions. The newer space missions are some of the easiest and fastest ways to earn XP.

Can anyone else provide some tips on how to level the fastest for those who missed or might miss the cut on this one?

Edited by Kubernetic