Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

So, I've paid for a few months and real life gets in the way. That happens, oh well. But, when I come back, what do I learn?

"Paying for the game does not equate to 'loyalty'. Since the customer didn't ignore their real life responsibilities and level quickly, we'll punish them by adding an extreme time limit so they can't possibly make Legacy 6 in time."

Really Nice. Is this how you intend to continue? Is that the kind of press that you want?

How can I flag you for awesome?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out my post history. Up until 2 days ago, I was considered Bioware supporter.

Yes I know the quote. You do know it was edited, right? It did not say "one of" at first.

So tell me, how do you know, with 90% certainty that they won't do something like this again?

To you, it's all about the "free stuff". To me, it isn't.

To me, it's about not getting so ridiculously offended at some percieved slight. I honestly don't care about the free game time. If Bioware said "Due to the complaining on the forum, we've decided that the fairest possible decision is to not give out any free game time at all", I'd be happy.

As hypocritical as it sounds coming from me right now, people need to calm the f down. The levels of entitlement are absurd. Anyone complaining at this point in time needs to stop, think and realise that it's just not a big deal. Or, if it is such a big deal, they can cancel their sub and stop whinging.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they'll do something like this again. People, even big companies, make mistakes. At least Bioware/EA have a good track record of fixing them in this game.

I don't understand what you want? They realised the community objected to a reward for 50s only, so they changed it. What do you want? They've given an incentive for all players to grab that reward if they don't have it already.

Oh.

That's it isn't it?

So do you want "Your playing our game, yes we messed up for a few hours today with a patch (I DIGRESS... A MASSIVE PATCH, PROBABLY THE BIGGEST I'VE SEEN AT SUCH A YOUNG GAME!), but you will all get a free month. Is that what you want? The game was down like 6ish hours. They've already apologised and given a free day sub.

Seriously...

I've been in MMO's a long time now. I've seen them screw up on updates, expansions, etc and honestly offered NOTHING except apologies for technical problems. We excepted that.

I understand BW are competing with new MMO's INC, but to suggest that's the only reason this stuff has happened is frankly MUPPETRY.

If people are gonna constantly object to update hiccups then they may as well shut down the forums and regulate them like SOE does (i.e. don't like your post - delete).

This a great MMO. If you can't see that, well just go on and troll. Personally I'm just gonna go enjoy my game. I suggest you go and enjoy yours.

Dude...you too, are awesome! :) I 100% agree.

Is there any group of people in the entire world that whines more than gamers?

Waaa we want a release date!

Waaa they released an unfinished game too early!

Waaa there's nothing new to do!

Waaa the game broke temporarily after they added new things to do!

Waaa they aren't rewarding long term players!

Waaa they're rewarding long term players!

Calling the waaaaahhhmbulance, got a bunch of patients for it.

To me, it's about not getting so ridiculously offended at some percieved slight. I honestly don't care about the free game time. If Bioware said "Due to the complaining on the forum, we've decided that the fairest possible decision is to not give out any free game time at all", I'd be happy.

As hypocritical as it sounds coming from me right now, people need to calm the f down. The levels of entitlement are absurd. Anyone complaining at this point in time needs to stop, think and realise that it's just not a big deal. Or, if it is such a big deal, they can cancel their sub and stop whinging.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they'll do something like this again. People, even big companies, make mistakes. At least Bioware/EA have a good track record of fixing them in this game.

That's the thing...you assume they made a mistake. I assume they made a mistake.

Bioware, has not in any way, shape, or form, showed that they think they made a mistake. That's kinda my point.

Edited by Skoobie

What are you even talking about? Bioware stuff up, they give away free stuff. People complain that they didn't get the free stuff, Bioware gives them the free stuff. People still complain on what, the 'principle' of the matter?

That 'matter' is entirely meaningless. Read the quote again. They wording was "one of our most valued customers". ONE OF. They didn't say 'we only value our level fifty customers, the rest of you can suck a sav'. They said that level fifty players are one of their most valued customers.

And you know what? I pointed this out yesterday. Three people responded with 'yeah, but actions speak louder than words'. Bioware corrects their actions... People still complain. There's a reason the SWTOR forums are widely considered the most vile, and I'm beginning to understand why.

But by all means, continue on your ill-justified Bioware hate-train. I'm sure if they mailed you a written apology signed by the entire dev team, you'd still find fault with that.

Yeah they consider someone who got to 50 in December then quit until April "most active and most valued", explain that away.

This is great, Im legacy level 30ish but Im glad they expanded the promo to every loyal customer regardless of their character level!

Hopefully they get that word out of there. It needs to be "for the most active players", which is who they are targeting. If that stupid loyalty comment is in there again after they change the page, I'm not sure this will mean much.

But I will give them the opportunity.

I can understand how the "most active" are the "most valuable". While paid recurring subscription from the start *IS* loyalty, if you're just paying your subs every month but not playing at all, that isn't doing much to help the community.

But those who are active, filling up the worlds, making them vibrant, filling up the auction, purchasing auction items, crafting and farming and fighting and teaming up are helping to make a direct impact on the game's enjoyment for others.

Paid subscriptions are important, and I hope they offer something to them in the future, perhaps a few free character transfers if the rest of us (outside the Aussie/NZ players) are going to be charged.

Those paid subs did get a founder title, and a vanity pet. And I suspect there might be some kind of veteran reward in the future.

Now if they can just clean up that announcement and learn to use that word "loyalty" a little more carefully in the future, I think we're back on the right path.

___

Oh and I do agree that some kind of mea culpa other than a simple expansion was in order. I'm not exactly pleased we didn't see that, but their reaction perhaps is as far as they can go for now.

They did admit at the Guild Summit to a number of mistakes made. They were pretty candid about it. I'm not sure they want a track record for having those kinds of things out there continually. They're kind of like the emotionally distant partner that never really wants to admit their feelings aloud.

I wanted an open apology. And I wanted some kind of message that reaffirmed their newfound realization that loyalty means something other than 50. But I'm not exactly shocked that they didn't pick up the talking stick and start weeping into their hands. Maybe that was never a realistic expectation in the first place...

Edited by Kubernetic

That's the thing...you assume they made a mistake.

Bioware, has not in any way, shape, or form, showed that they think they made a mistake. That's kinda my point.

So extending the deal to the people who were complaining isn't acknowledging the mistake? Riiiiight.

Actions speak louder than words, eh?

Yeah they consider someone who got to 50 in December then quit until April "most active and most valued", explain that away.

They made a mistake, they fixed it.

Explained.

Wait, no... Please, please don't tell me you're saying those people shouldn't get the free stuff? Please?

Please read the whole thread. I make it quite clear what I want. Your post has absolutely nothing to do, at all, with my remarks.

I'll skip to the first few pages of this thread to see I guess. But (as always, this is the internet) I read a post from you and responded. Sorry if it offended. I still stand by what I said at the time. Inc I guess (if I can be arsed! 2am here in the UK :) ).

If they simply described loyalty as those who pre-ordered and didnt cancel subscription since launch as "loyal"this wouldve gone smoother for them.

But who ever thought this idea was a good one couldnt even see the negativity coming?

Then you have to cram a game down your throat without tasteing it to prove your worthiness?

Bah I'll just play how I choose , maybe ill hit legacy 6 maybe not, but I usualy play games I pay for the way I want because thats what I paid for.

Edited by CygnusMX

They made a mistake, they fixed it.

Explained.

Wait, no... Please, please don't tell me you're saying those people shouldn't get the free stuff? Please?

No, they still haven't addressed the issue. They are just giving you a few days to rush their content to get a measly prize and their appreciation of being called a LOYAL CUSTOMER when months of dedication and careful crafting, play and exploring the breadth of their content, is apparently worth nothing to them.

If you have two level 30's and no Level 6, you still don't get a prize.

If you have characters that are played actively but on seperate servers thus annihilating the ability for legacy, still no prize.

If you don't rush their content to level 50 by the 22nd with a character or a few to get Level 50 or Legacy 6, you don't get a prize and a title of their appreciation.

In other words, they don't care about their userbase that plays this game like they did with Knights of the Old Republic, carefully playing through and enjoying the quality and massive content and quests available. These people who play this way are the people who truly enjoy and spread good word about the game. They don't rush to 50 and endgame and complain it is too easy and bail, they look at everything and enjoy the plethora of what is available and BioWare has effectively told this userbase that you don't matter, if you want to be valued by us meet this criteria by this point, the hardwork and content we put into this game over the years be damned.

Edited by jhartel