Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

No - as Greg's post mentions - everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT) to gain either Legacy Level 6 or a level 50 character.

That hasn't changed - every active subscriber.

Noooooooooooooo!!!! Furry Tauntauns everywhere on Fleet where I just want to stick my Jedi glow stick through them all... how will this affect FPS?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo Bioware, you have listened to your fans and given us an alternative solution that allows subscribers with non level 50 characters a way to obtain the free 30 days of time.

~Well played Ladies and Gentleman, well played.

Golly gee, thanks!

But seriously . . . this is unacceptable. Once again, you seem to be missing the point. Some of us have been here since release, some of us signed up for for the six month "discount", some have big boy/girl jobs and can't play on mommy and daddy's dime (college), and some of us are burnt out on a game that promised so much, but delivered so very little; so we're looking for a little understanding and appreciation here.

Instead, we're given a "If you played THIS much, you'll be rewarded." No, screw that. I've been playing since launch, I purchased six months, I'm bored out of my freaking mind at level 44, and playing this static, lifeless game is just a step above chewing on cardboard.

You've lost me as a customer. *insert "See you in-game", "So long" or whatever comments are currently in favor*

I tried. I really, really, really tried. I wanted this game to succeed so much. I loathe WoW and there isn't another, currently available, MMO that even has a chance of holding my interest, but without a doubt, SWToR is a horrible game.

I'm sorry, but it's not me, it's you.

Thank you EA for botching a game with untold amounts of potential. Thank you Lucasarts for continuing your abject spiral of mediocrity. Thank you George Lucas for becoming the Ahab of the Star Wars franchise - epitomizing poor judgement, a disdain for the fans, and tunnel vision "creativity". I'd "thank" Bioware, but I (naively?) want to believe that they gave (and continue to give) it their all. Sadly, they were saddled with the weight of two megalomaniacal entities - EA and Lucas.

Later.

I think it si you. Cause I just saw dozens of other people congrtualte and show their support. But hey! Im sure when mommy and daddy whipe your butt and feed you by hand they tell you that everything is done for you, and if somethings not perfect in your eyes, it's everyone elses fault.

LOL. What about those players who have been playing since day 1 or before that don't have a 50, or haven't gotten to level 6 in the legacy system?

Then you won't get this. I have been playing since beta and I only reached 50 about a week ago. I wanted to finally get one character to 50 and I did it. Guess that was good timing. Either way, some people won't have gotten to 50 or Legacy level 6. If that is the case, then it's bad for you but that's the way you wanted to play. But don't blame BioWare for it. Don't blame anyone. You play that way and that's fine. Just means you won't get the 30 days. Going slowly through the game can be nice. You get to fully explore and experience everything.

lol, everyone's tone has suddenly changed lol.

and you can say, "oh well thats because bioware fixed it"

sure, but its called faith. have faith in bioware. they are proly the BEST game developer in the industry right now judging by hit titles - yes they beat bethesda in that area. . .

have faith in swtor, have faith in bioware.

While good step, still does not address people who rerolled a couple times due to dead servers.

This!!! I have been playing daily since Early Release next to hubby who is a level 50 but I do not get bonus month b/c I have 4 characters I play equally and 2 characters on Public Test Server. Spread my time out to thin I guess. :rolleyes: I may be able to reach lvL 6 Legacy by the new deadline date.

Thanks for listening to the community on this one, happy to see that changes were made.

Edited by SabrosaRose

I think it si you. Cause I just saw dozens of other people congrtualte and show their support. But hey! Im sure when mommy and daddy whipe your butt and feed you by hand they tell you that everything is done for you, and if somethings not perfect in your eyes, it's everyone elses fault.

Your verbosity and wit are truly on an unparalleled level. *slow clap*

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

Outstanding! That's a more equitable policy, and it still recognizes those putting a lot of effort into the game.

OK.

Where to start.

1) Well done to Bioware for finally realising the magnitude of the impending PR disaster and admitting a mistake and addressing the issue.

I'm still staying unsubbed though. Why?

Well, like many of us said right at the start of the recent furore: it's not about the free 30 days.

It's about the attitude to non-capped players that the initial announcement of a free 30 day sub demonstrated.

The ONLY reason Bioware care enough to "expand the Legacy Promotion" is because enough people quit and the whole issue was getting enough bad publicity to seriously undermine what remained of the game's reputation.

I'll let you in on a secret: they still don't give a damn about non-capped players.

Add in the blatant lie about how legacy Unlocks will be unlocked "Legacy Level -OR- Credits, but NOT BOTH" which I assume hasn't been changed and it's still clear that Bioware don't care about casual players.

Now, I'm not deluded enough to think any of you care about my opinion, but my Sub still has 4 days to run and that affords me the right to express my opinion on the game forums.

But the main reason I'm staying unsubbed is two-fold. One, I have the courage of my convictions. Two, when it comes to customer service as appallingly bad as has been demonstrated here the last 48 hours or so you just don't get a second chance.

Which is a shame in some ways, because I was enjoying the game, and it has some great features.

To those of you who continue to traverse that far, far away galaxy I genuinely wish you nothing but great experiences.

Signing off for the last time.

All The Best

"You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT."

By that logic, you now appreciate me even less with this new development, if that were conceivably possible given the atrocious lack of "customer service" afforded to me in response to three (3) customer tickets. And by "atrocious lack," I am referring to the canned responses with absolutely no human follow-up.

I have been playing since the launch and read the forums since the begining, yet never posted.

Still I want to say a big Thank You for this.

I don't qualify yet as I have only two characters, with the main one on 47th but now I am determined to spend time and finish his quests to gain 50 (not that this hasn't been a plan since I discovered legacy let's me have a Sith Pureblood Consular)

The gesture is good and should be applauded.However,whilst some may get there ,a lot won't due to RL and other time restraints,inc me.I seek no favours but as I've been in from the start,payed the extra for an upgraded game,taken it slowly to get the full effect rather than take the rush glory hunter path,I feel a bit deflated.I've done the 7 year bit in WoW where the top end was catered for and sod the rest.I'd be happy if the Dr gives me an explanation why I should lose out.In context I'm 50 and still play games for fun and have played a few in my day.Therefore us Zimmer users need a bit more time to achieve the reward:D

Although I've been level 50 for a while and didn't have any probs qualifying for the original conditions, I must say this is indeed great news for all those who were at an disadvantage.

Top class move BioWare, thanks for the offer and for listening to the community on its requirements, greatly appreciated and my hat off to you guys! :)

SE

Everyone gets free stuff

Result: No one complains.

Oh mmo community

Actually, not everyone is getting free stuff (not including the Tauntaun).

Some people have been playing many alts and may not have completed Chapter 1 yet. That's they way they want to play but still, the amount of complaining going on when BioWare have listened to us and given us some nice rewards is ridiculous. Oh well. The internet is always like that.

"Here, have this!"

"But I haven't gotten to 50 yet..."

"Oh, sorry about that. How about legacy level 6 then?"

"No... I AM ANNOYED AND WILL COMPLAIN NOW SINCE I PLAYED THE WAY I WANTED TO AND AM NOT GETTING REWARDED FOR THAT"

"..."

Yeah. :ph_love_this:

Your verbosity and wit are truly on an unparalleled level. *slow clap*

Sorry, was kind of in a rush. Now I can make sure my grammer is perfect. Because everything must be perfect for you as I said before, and you have just helped to prove my point. Again though, if you really hate this game so much, why sit on the fourms? Cancel your sub and go do whatever it is spoiled children do. And with that, I'm going to log back in and have a good time playing. :)

So...

People have until the 22nd to get lv 50 or legacy 6?

Does the extended time also include resubs or is that ONLY for the leveling up part?

Basically, did you still have to have an active sub at the 12th for the gametime?

As for the Tauntaun, do you have until the 21th to have an active sub? Or is that also until the 12th? The flyer says "12th or 21th" which could mean both and everyone says different things.

I am wondering because I had some sub problems which unfortunatly caused me to be unsubbed the 12th of April but resubbed at the 13th... basically wondering if I still get to join the fun... >.>

(all other criterias are met)

This is going to sound really dunceheaded, but I thought I'd just verify first before I go running in to celebrate.

With this change, everyone who either reaches Legacy 6 OR levels up a single character to 50 (without necessarily taking part of the whole legacy business) by April 22 will be eligible, yes? I ask because my boyfriend and I have level 49 characters (our mains) that we've leveled strictly through warzones, so we haven't really even finished chapter one yet on our storyline.

So as long as we level up to 50 by next Saturday, we should be okay, right? Or would we have to level up to 50 AND do all the class quests, etc, as well to qualify?

Obvious question may be obvious, I know, but like I said - I just wanted to verify! Thanks guys!

Edited by Alyriah