Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Rest assured that after this unscheduled maintenance, your guild bank (and everything in it) will return to its normal state.

Pardon me if I believe it when I see it. After rolling out an unfinished, feature incomplete update to the live servers, paint me with not surprise that things are breaking this badly. Seriously someone (probably many someones) need to take a couple night computer science class at the local community college and learn how professionals do this stuff. This roll out is clearly beta testing on the live servers, that is bad form.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant compare to wow ,wow has millions of players ,yeh maybe on a slow decline but swtor is in a make or break phase and with gw2 around the bend this is not the time to mess up,im no fan boy of any mmo as such like them all but its common sense,they cant afford to push people away

Because having guilds lose millions of credits, ENTIRE SERVERS BEING ROLLBACKED, and players losing characters is "minor".

Servers, while they can be rolled back, likely won't be rolled back. BW knows if they roll back to prior 1.2 their going to cause every single one of us to start downloading a 12 GB download. As we will be forced to reload the game. That's what happened on Wednesday when BW accidentally released the patch early. After installing 1.2 and trying to log in people were forced to re-download the entire game.

^^this

Day off to play SWTOR. House is clean, friends are at work, and I already made the bald man cry...so yeah.

Right?

My boyfriend had work 10pm-7am and then school 8pm till 3pm.

I was all "YES I GET SOME TOR TIME ALL TO MYSELF WITHOUT HIM CRYING ABOUT WANTING TO PLAY!"

Then I find out the servers are down at 3am. Fine. Only four hours. I log off for a while. BUT NO! WAIT! They lied! Servers were really going down at 6am! Annoying... But I can deal.

I return to the forums to check my messages and the world has spun out of *********** control. Bioware can take the TOR away from me, but they can't take away my pointless ************!

Rest assured that after this unscheduled maintenance, your guild bank (and everything in it) will return to its normal state.

What about if someone got/done anything in the short time the servers were up, I'd guess they have lost that right? (as I suspect you guys have been forced to do a restore point on data).

Thank you...god this is why everyone hates us Americans

It is one hell of a sweet post. We begin with the traditional outer shell of a strawman argument before accusing customers who are unhappy with a provided service of being sheep following the conforming herd.

Within we find the apologetic nougat of Bioware fanboyism as we discover just how difficult it is for a software company with a multi million dollar budget to prepare a patch which avoids depriving their customers of the service they pay for.

Finally the flavour climaxes with a salty spurt by announcing the expertise of the poster, who has clearly experienced so many MMOs that he appreciates the commonality of such an occurance, clearly unavoidable with the resources available to one of the leading lights of a multi billion dollar industry.

LOL at the "Biggest patch fail in MMO history" people. Perhaps the most minor screw up necessitating a quick re-patch in MMO history.

biggest fail in history huh...... ok SWG and the NGE.... thanks and beseated

Welcome to EA Games. Everything they touch becomes tainted, so why should you be surprised that TOR is having problems? BW is owned by EA now, and is forced to roll out content before it's ready, without proper testing.

But I have great news for you - Guild Wars 2 beta starts soon!

Oh I know. We in the gaming community have known of EA's moniker of the "Kiss of Death" for MANY years now. NOTHING they do surprises me. They are a total anathema that should be wiped from the face of the planet.

EA = Nickle and Dime and Nickle and Dime

Forbe’s Paul Tassi writes, “I’ve been covering hate of EA for quite a while now, and understand why their brand is so despised among gamers. They have [a] habit of buying beloved gaming companies and either summarily executing them, or corrupting them to the point where they’re almost unrecognizable. Most recently, fans mourned the apparent loss of Bioware. The genius [developer] was behind Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect, but the way newer titles like The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 have been handled since EA took over has caused fans to lose faith. EA is at the forefront of some of the most annoying practices in the industry to date, such as restrictive DRM, seemingly abusive DLC and appearing to trade creativity for cash.”

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html

if bioware could be bothered to do a little thing called TESTING there would not be problems like this.

they also need to listen to the feedback they get from players on PTS. 99% of the good feedback was completely ignored while 1.2 was on PTS. when we did get a dev response, it was patronizing. dev team needs to shape up

Are you crazy? Fixing bugs that were reported? Pfft! (Couldn't agree more with you, reported a graphic bug with the jedi knight legacy armor, checked it on live yesterday and whoops! The bug wasn't fixed -.-)

They wanted 1.2 to be tested but didn't allow everyone to char copy, fail. As they wanted to test rated warzones there were less than 8 50s on the fleet yet they said the testing was fine?

To be honest, every ticket I've opened since the game went live was just some generic answer completely ignoring what I was saying. On the beta they at least answered regarding the topic, now it's all generic no matter how detailed the report is. Since the beta I've spent hours reporting bugs, by now I might as well give up.

yes but .. you are committing many serious errors in every patch process since the game has been launched.

No excuse , you should work more closely.

lol i knew this would happen and got shot down in taris chat il rei9terate "bioware knows what its doing the patch will have no bugs.... theve been working on it for weeks n weeks"

cha riight lol zomg im glad i didnt pay the overpriced 1.5 mill to play a miraluka nor the shafting 600k to open a guild bank when as a guild i should ya know have a guild bank.

il keep my 39.3 million split between my characters ta muchly:)

I have no idea what you just said but I feel like I should be offended.

Most of us are only slightly annoyed.

Most of us know that these things can and do happen.

Most of us have experienced the exact same kind of thing in other MMOs.

Most of us know everything will be restored.

Most of us recognize that BW is still new in this genre and is making the same kinds of mistakes most other MMOs have made.

Most of us just ignore threads like these.

For some reason, I'm being stupid and responding. I'm sure I'll regret it.

Just realized I did the stupid thing, too.

Brofist?

/brofist

/rant

It's a joke tbh, working in IT if my guys released a software or server patch to production servers and systems and it failed badly heads would roll. But then again, you'd expect QA and UAT to be done properly and signed off, not to mention going through change control approval and then having a very speedy roll back plan with timings, not just a 'um things are broke, lets take everything offline and leave people hanging'.

And just because this is a game it makes no odds, everyone is still a 'paying' customer - paying for something that they can't currently use or use properly, paying their wages working on this project. Unhappy customers and unsubbing customers = lost revenue = lost jobs. Oh and also taking every single server offline at the same time and downing the entire platform is just plain stupid, even if you have a crazy amount of engineers to patch each server at the same time (highly unlikely). Why not schedule the work on batches of servers like most sane people would?

Why is it no one can get these MMO releases right?

/rolls eyes /rant over

Beta testing (Which is what the PTS is) is NOT meant for implementation testing and checkouts. PTS is a beta feature test.

I would expect a company like bw to have a dedicated implementation process for testing the rollout on a dedicated system, including a basic checkout (which would have caught this) and regression test.

Not PTS stuff.

Finally someone talking sense. Agree 100%

similar to what I said earlier:

I wonder if BW has a QA team? :confused: I would hope they would have a large enough team to handle the amount of testing that is required. The sad thing is I bet BW relied on community testing rather than having robust QA processes in place.

BW might say ... "we will learn from our mistakes" ..."we will do better" .... in the end when you release something without a proper release plan, risk analysis and QA you're going to end up with situations like this over and over again.

How can you people ***** this much? MMO's have been around for a long time and NONE of them are ever without bugs or issues. No one is being screwed, but you are ALL being immature.

Stop trolling the forums and go do something else until you can play again. The ADD youth of America are why I will not be having kids.

OMG, People who logged off in the Corellia Black Hole area now cant log in.

IT DOESNT EXIST! LMAO.

EEEEEEPICCCC FAILLLLLLL!!!

I find it kind of bitterly ironic that it's titled "Black Hole"

It became quite literal. All your characters are in a black hole.