Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

I am cooking some bacon and making carne asada burritos...oh, and making horchatta.

I am going to see if I can blow up a balloon with my farts.

What are you doing while you wait for servers to come back?

Mate im cooking bacon too.. TIP: start on high heat.. then when the bacon starts to fry(that umm popping cooking sound) turn down the heat and have them cook slowly for long.. there are multiple benefits to this:

1. Your whole block will smell of delicious bacon, and your home for weeks!

2. But more important, this will insure that you bacon will be crisp(or "cremated" if you will)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reposting this... seems to be requires for those not reading the full thread.

Rest assured that after this unscheduled maintenance, your guild bank (and everything in it) will return to its normal state.
Edited by ProsaicProse

Because having guilds lose millions of credits, ENTIRE SERVERS BEING ROLLBACKED, and players losing characters is "minor".

Doesn't a rollback mean the state of the server is being reset to an earlier, more stable time? So wouldn't that mean that all of those lost credits would be restored to what they were at that earlier, more stable time? And those lost characters would be safe wherever they were in that earlier, more stable time?

Um yeah, thought so.

Beta testing (Which is what the PTS is) is NOT meant for implementation testing and checkouts. PTS is a beta feature test.

I would expect a company like bw to have a dedicated implementation process for testing the rollout on a dedicated system, including a basic checkout (which would have caught this) and regression test.

Not PTS stuff.

Because having guilds lose millions of credits, ENTIRE SERVERS BEING ROLLBACKED, and players losing characters is "minor".

And any of this has actually happened? Or that's simply your imagination of what you think WILL happen?

Owned heheh what a laugh this guys are, if this is true I think they wanna close doors soon, this game will be the most epic fail in mmo history!

Patch 1.1 and 1.2 hehehe.. so sad!

What if they closed up shop in shorter time than it took SWG to release the NGE. That was 2 years five months if I remember right.

Bioware office:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/Szan9jwD2tI/AAAAAAAAEiM/_U1hpaiWz5I/s400/Bedroom+home+office+storage+disaster.jpg

^ Lol

But in all seriousness. I'm starting to believe that 80% of you have never played an MMO. To be honest, from what I have seen, Trion and Bioware are leagues ahead of Blizzard in terms of the fluidity of dropping large content patches.

You all are whining about the first problem in this new content patch. 'I'm quitting and taking my guild with me." This is just a blind, retarded statement. I remember in wow when they were upgrading all the servers, people weren't able to play on their home realm for almost a week. I remember seeing the 35234562563 level ones in Durotar dueling and shooting the ****, waiting for the servers to come back online. Not to mention what happened with Zul'Gurub, plus the countless other bs.

You all waited for them to fix that without crying and threatening to leave. Why do it now? Because you are used to a quick fix and patch perfection? No such thing in the terms of MMOs. If you believe there should be, go try and be a dev. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Just have some patience. It's not like you can't replace all the **** anyways. I remember having to pay the original epic flight cost + all the respec costs + the original price for dual-spec in wow. Then they nerfed the costs. That's thousands of gold wasted. But am I ************ about compensation or threatening to quit?

No.

I'm not a *****. :)

Grow up, bro!

how this patch should have read:

- credit/comm awards in warzones returned to pre 1.2 rates

- random sounds, sound cutting out, etc fixed

- warzones will now repopulate when players leave them

- match-hue-to-chest will now work properly on helmets

- set bonuses now transfer with armorings from rakata/bm armor

instead we got random stuff that has almost no impact on gameplay. does bioware even listen to feedback?

Just taking a stab in the dark here.

But isn't that what PTS is for?

Actually, the PTS is designed to find bugs in the patch content. It doesn't not include what bugs the patch itself cause.

patching 1 test computer and patching 100 live servers are two totally separate animals. The history of MMOs and patch testing are proof.

It happens in every MMO and even multiple times in the same MMO.

Breath guys. It's okay. If the servers are down then they're fixing it. It was probably an unintentional bug, and in order to fix it they need to roll back the patch and reapply it. It's like you folks have never played an MMO before.

LOL at the "Biggest patch fail in MMO history" people. Perhaps the most minor screw up necessitating a quick re-patch in MMO history.

you sir have obviously have not been around long in the MMO scene

I remember content patch bugs that stuffed up and servers were down for 2-3days

M2 the game was basically deleted

1 game i used to play a patch opened sockets to private data files and peoples personal details inc credit card numbers were out in the open.

once again, **** will be fixed, stop the QQ, find a hill and GET OVER IT!

Nice strawman. Where did I say it was minor? I said it is not the biggest fail in mmo history and mentioned the most major screwup someone could make. So don't get your knickers all in a twist from withdrawal kid.

Most of us are only slightly annoyed.

Most of us know that these things can and do happen.

Most of us have experienced the exact same kind of thing in other MMOs.

Most of us know everything will be restored.

Most of us recognize that BW is still new in this genre and is making the same kinds of mistakes most other MMOs have made.

Most of us just ignore threads like these.

For some reason, I'm being stupid and responding. I'm sure I'll regret it.

Woot!! Only been playing 1 week and so far most of that has been watching patch screens during my play hours Uk time.

I love the rage in this thread its much better than any MMO i've ever played before!

Can someone make it into one of the bioware cut scenes with heartfelt critical response so i can at least pretend im still playing.

lol i knew this would happen and got shot down in taris chat il rei9terate "bioware knows what its doing the patch will have no bugs.... theve been working on it for weeks n weeks"

cha riight lol zomg im glad i didnt pay the overpriced 1.5 mill to play a miraluka nor the shafting 600k to open a guild bank when as a guild i should ya know have a guild bank.

il keep my 39.3 million split between my characters ta muchly:)

Oh my god the servers are down! Oh my god the content in the patch is crap! Ph my god the servers are up but I hate everything! Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

These forums are the equivalent of a sheep farm. You all mindlessly meander left and right, baaing, with no idea what it is that is upsetting you, only that you want it fixed and you want it fixed yesterday.

Server downtime is there to fix issues and keep things running. Their first major content patch went live 12 hours ago, if you didn't think there would be more maintenance within the first few days, then sorry guys, but you are clearly inhaling paint fumes.

Welcome to the standard world of MMo's.

This. Precisely this.

Having played every major MMO (and several not-so-major-why-the-hell-did-I-spend-money-on-this-crap ones, as well) at least for awhile in the last decade, having some downtime the day after a content patch is pretty much par for the course. I mean, seriously, does nobody here recall that stint in WoW right after Ulduar where a huge chunk of NA servers would crash every 1-3 hours, requiring a complete rollback and regular announcements of "We have now fixed this error", only to crash AGAIN in another hour?

That crap took MONTHS of going through that cycle before Blizzard admitted it was a serious problem. Hell, after the first round of "We fixed it" they refused to even acknowledge the problem until people started calling in by the thousands!

At least Bioware's being pretty open about this process and they're trying to make sure it's as stable as possible before bringing the servers back up, rather than just throwing a few quick patches at the servers and hoping it doesn't cause more problems.

In short: I need you all to pull up your frilly stockings, tighten your thongs, and stop acting like a bunch of pansies.

SO MUCH NERDRAGE! Guy come on chillout - Bioware knew there was going to be issues with this MAJOR patch; why do you think they gave you 30 days free game time. If your not paying, there not obligated to anybody.

It a game, it will be up eventually, let them work - Because id love to see you do any better.