Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Just taking a stab in the dark here.

But isn't that what PTS is for?

Think for a moment, what percentage of the player base do you think actually uses the PTS? It is IMPOSSIBLE to account for the same level of variance & usage on test that you get on release.

PTS is there to try and catch as many bugs as possible after internal testing, but no game in history has caught ALL of them before going live.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cooking some bacon and making carne asada burritos...oh, and making horchatta.

I am going to see if I can blow up a balloon with my farts.

What are you doing while you wait for servers to come back?

LOL at the "Biggest patch fail in MMO history" people. Perhaps the most minor screw up necessitating a quick re-patch in MMO history.

Yeah it's not even close to what happened to a Japanese mmo called "M2", they accidentally deleted the whole game.

Don't dodge the question of why the stock price fell when this whole rollback upset started.

This of EA's stock as a boat on the lake (the stock market). When the water level of the lake (the stock market) drops 3 inches, so does the boat (EA stock).

Are you saying that the servers going down affected the entire market?

I hope the patch fixed sound issues I and all my guild mates was having.

Anyone else getting that at least during raids?

yes! I thought it was just me. I also had the actual cutscene dialogue simply become mute. I reloaded and it was fine, but I had to do that a bunch of times.

Think for a moment, what percentage of the player base do you think actually uses the PTS? It is IMPOSSIBLE to account for the same level of variance & usage on test that you get on release.

PTS is there to try and catch as many bugs as possible after internal testing, but no game in history has caught ALL of them before going live.

Maybe if they let people clone characters to the PTS they would have more participation.

I had the same question yesterday, how do I check other players stats. I would also like to see deaths, losses, games players, Killing blows.

That well be in when we get the Ranked PvP in. As for now only you can see your Pre-Rank stats.

I hope the patch fixed sound issues I and all my guild mates was having.

Anyone else getting that at least during raids?

Y had sound issue aswell...sound of landing starship just ..stood there through all the zones..anoying as hell...only logoff helped.

Just taking a stab in the dark here.

But isn't that what PTS is for?

PTS is for testing but the 1.2a was not put onto the PTS

1.2a was a patch this morning to fix the issues/bugs last night or yesterday while people played 1.2 content. After it was put on there was more issues with shuttles/guild bank other stuff that was reported and found with in 10mins. They shut the servers down to fix the problems to make the game play better for the people that care for it. PTS is usually for content updates and major updates not small bug fixes that will only take 3-4 hours to fix.

A big part of this has to do with them offering free game time. The patch has nothing to really do with it and it would take weeks if it was because of the patch from people un-subing to make it happen.

Oh right!

Had completely forgot about that.

Anyway, I'll check the competitor compare at close, just for fun. :D

I agree, these people complaining are annoying. Just had a huge content update there is bound to be issues, they just had an issue this morning and BW shut down servers after 10mins them being up to fix this problem. I respect their hard work, not like these people who cry can do better.

These people complaining about others complaining are annoying. Just had an allegedly large content patch that has been tested for months, there is bound to be issues when you have monkeys do all the testing and ignore your player base. It only takes then forever to fix stuff by their huge team allegedly working on the game. I mean, what do people expect geeez, its not like they pay them money for all the hype videos that always falls short. I mean come on people geez, come on, EA......I mean Bioware can do no wrong!

All #SWTOR servers will be coming down in approximately 15 minutes for an unscheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

they didn't thank me for my patience!

now that made me laugh :) well done sir/madam