Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

This is why people like you are not in charge of things. Get some perspective and grow up. Reading this post made me sick.

Well don't read it, apologists like you are why this game is in such a state.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all fairness I have never in my life seen an MMO where they accidentally deleted all the guild banks.

This one included the guild banks and definately in a whole new league of fail then anything bioware has ever done to put it into some perspective. It seems you have lead a sheltered life

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11/15/hangame-mmo-accidentally-deleted-shut-down-forever/

Edited by corbanite

Get a clue to how online gaming works. A few hours of downtime is a non issue unless you are 15 and that few minutes is a significant part of your life. Go read a book.

Says the dude the lives in his mom's basement with "plenty of time" to kill. Others have jobs and small windows of opportunity to play.

"Rest assured that after this unscheduled maintenance, your guild bank (and everything in it) will return to its normal state."

Did anyone else read that and immediately hear the ship droid in their head????? :eek:

ahahahah really!!!!!!!

That wasn't the question ^.^

and guild banks are a relatively new concept. They existed in the most older games by "I'm the guildmaster, trust me to hold all your stuff in MY bank"

You mean that the concept is not new, rather it's only recently that games developers finally began to offer it as a feature.

Regarding SWG, they normally bought servers down in different batches to do the updates like any sane company would instead of patching everything at the same time and it being an epic fail.

Sad that SWG itself was an epic fail after the combat downgrade.....

/biofail

BW-Apologist are we? If I rent a car and paying them money, you bet I would be pissed if it stopped working in the middle of a drive. This has nothing to do with 'ADD' and the 'youths' of America. This is a business and we are the customers. We PAID for this crap. This isn't F2P. Stop apologizing for their F-up.

And this is why this community is what it is, intelligence is strong with this one /sarcasm

I have to say I believe if you are going to fail make it so hard and so spectacular that people will not understand how you even managed it.

I approve of this patch today Bioware.

Don't fire whomever is responsible for this debacle. You should make an example of him as a deterrent to other miscreants. Put him on the Art team who design the Jedi Knight gear.

That'll teach 'em

You mean the Department of Silly Hats?

Lol you post makes me feel sorry for people.

"Der der son, its ok to lose, we're all winners!!!"

Lose what? A few hours of online time? Reading this forum and all the crying just proves stereotypes that most MMO people are socially awkward and have lost their real world perspective.

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

ta-da

I'd love to see BW take all of the accounts of people in this thread ************ about how they "DEMAND to be compensated", and who think their $15/mo entitles them to be treated like internet royalty . . . and refund them their $0.30 for the downtime, and then ban their accounts.

"You think our game is so bad? Have fun not being allowed to play it anymore. We're sorry we couldn't provide you with the gaming experience you were seeking. Good luck finding it elsewhere."

Then watch as they all e-rage out about how they can't play the game they *****ed about so much anymore . . . the image in my head if immense nerd-rage makes me rofl

Edited by LawAssassin

Finally someone talking sense. Agree 100%

similar to what I said earlier:

BW does have a QA team, but according to the job ads I've seen, they are contract. Unfortunately testing teams are the redheaded children of the software world. When schedules get tight, testing is the first thing cut. When mistakes get into prod, it's not "why was this requirement missed?" it's "Testing missed it". Also, in the gaming world every 20 year old with a month old bachelors degree thinks they're qualified to be a tester, and they don't have a clue what software testing really entails, and I'm not even getting started with the misconception that "game testing" means "playing". These issues mean very low pay, low quality, and low retention.

IMO, a dedicated testing team needs to be just as funded and well-staffed as your devs and business analysts.

You mean that the concept is not new, rather it's only recently that games developers finally began to offer it as a feature.

^ yes this....i blame the vodka for the lack of eloquence and coherence in my typing...it sounded better in my head...my vodka soaked head

'UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.'

Ta-da 1 day without SWTOR.