The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, we have a legitimate reason to be upset. BW pulls this crap without warning?! What MMO does that???!!!! Why would you even tolerate this type of crap??!! And I think we, as the TOR community, need to stand together and DEMAND from BW to refund us time lost due to their continual incompetence.

And don't defend their horrible actions either. Tell me this. What's going to happen if they tell you they made a major error, like it would be the first time - right??, and all the guild banks with all your stuff and MONEY (including the 600K) was LOST - i.e., erased due to server error or file corruption. What are you going to say then? "Oh it's ok, I'm a biodrone and if BW lost my stuff, I still have faith in them, love them and worship the ground they trod upon... they can do no wrong...."

Aren't you ppl sick and tired of all these problems already by now??? We're WAY past the, "TOR just released, it's a new game phase." It's time that BW/EA start getting their act together. Because frankly, I'm sick and tired of having more downtime than playtime.

We need to DEMAND to be refunded game time or have them give us something ingame, mount, pet, something for all of these issues. When Trion (from Rift) screwed up they compensated up with a trinket that increased our ability to get 10% more money from mob drops. Yeah, it was a small trinket but guess what, it showed that Trion cared about their community, they fessed up and said they made a big mistake, we're sorry and here's something for you. When was the last time that BW did that for us besides price gouging????

Time for us to take a stand....

You are absolutely right. What i find absolutely mind boggling and hilarious is I just posted the same thing in another thread (in about one or two paragraphs, and completely respectful) and the response I get is "you talk too much". it's as if people are actually in love with developers or something. it makes ZERO sense.

How about we just stop complaining and thank BW for even trying to give us anything. Sheesh this generation of "I want my candy now...wah wah wah".

You people should remember what is was like to not even have an MMO to play and we had to sit around a table and play Monopoly for fun!

:D

I will own you right now at Star Wars Monopoly!!!!

Edited by Shadowmagus

lol,

so now people that unlocked stuff in legacy... how will that be solved?

what about people that invested cash in new items (which are now gone), what about some new items (like my augumented orange light saber) that's on GTN? will it still be anymore?

what about the time invested into those new dailies and, wadda ya know, the black hole commendations? will they be gone?

if people got to new content and took some new loot, what will happen to it?

guild banks (and the items stored in them)

all of this... pooof! if this is a rollback (and it seems it is) then :) just... just.. roflroflroflrofl...

this is so epic that rofl just doesn't do it justice...

Credits, items, etc should be fine - it's all stored in databases, whereas the problems we're seeing after the 4hr patch is something with the world layout/terrain.

How about we just stop complaining and thank BW for even trying to give us anything. Sheesh this generation of "I want my candy now...wah wah wah".

You people should remember what is was like to not even have an MMO to play and we had to sit around a table and play Monopoly for fun!

Giving? My God.

I can't belive people think that their money and guild stuff is lost ect. If they didn't even bring the servers on line for 45 minutes no one would even have a clue they goffed something up. Once they are back up and running the things taken away will be back and all this nerd rage will have been for nothing. Edited by Strahdv

Cut them some slack! It's an awesome game and a HUGE task to get things going. They'll be professionally at it within a year or so. ;)

Also: I fear that someone is going to get fired anyways because of this. Hopefully not.

I have made so many stupid mistakes in my life, I find it refreshing to have others make them. :p

And now - please give us 1.2 back. I liked it.

you are sooo wrong. they don't "give" us anything, it's not *********** free. my ****in' candy - i pay for it, so it better be good.

we PAY them to do a job, they do it poorly, end of story.

P.S. what's even funnier is that this is the biggest ****-up they did and everyone is "ROFL/LOL/LMAO" about it. It's so abysmally ****ed up that people can only "LOL" about it...

lol

This looks similar to the threads in the last MMO I played after the last patches of said MMO, and the MMO's I played before that, and after their patches.

Is the SWTOR forum community really that new to MMO's? explains a lot.

Actually most of us have been around for a long time. Which is why we came to expect a certain degree of features to be released with an mmo of todays date. Also, one would hope that developers of todays day/age would have learned lessons from those prior mmos. There's a reason why a lot of games are F2P now. Regardless, I don't want to stray from the enjoyment of this thread. We can debate this after this comedic event blows over.

The true story: Bioware Employee is a tad tired from his night shift. Walks to coffee pot to find it is empty! Goes back to his computer not realizing he had all of the 1.2 code highlighted. Starts typing over it for this mornings patch.... and /facepalm. Woops....:eek:

@ Torcer

I'm sure they tested the patch beforehand. However when apps are run in a "test" and "safe" environment the bugs are not apparent. Take a look at BF3, beta was beautiful, release was a disaster.

Either way, they have all the time they need.

Hey, at least with board games, the server can't crash or you get price gouged :D

I’m not a game developer, but shouldn’t changes be tested before being pushed to live?

Actually 1.2 was tested on PTS for like 3 weeks. Guess it wasn't long enough. Though its possible to miss stuff during testing that doesn't show up till after it goes live.

lol,

so now people that unlocked stuff in legacy... how will that be solved?

what about people that invested cash in new items (which are now gone), what about some new items (like my augumented orange light saber) that's on GTN? will it still be anymore?

what about the time invested into those new dailies and, wadda ya know, the black hole commendations? will they be gone?

if people got to new content and took some new loot, what will happen to it?

guild banks (and the items stored in them)

all of this... pooof! if this is a rollback (and it seems it is) then :) just... just.. roflroflroflrofl...

this is so epic that rofl just doesn't do it justice...

Obviously you have not played MMORPG's often enough. From my experience, I never buy, mod, use anything thats new in a patch until a week has gone by. For specific reasons like this, something always goes wrong and then you end up losing those new items, or something. It's like buying a car, never buy a redesigned car the very first year, there is always issues that are resolved the next year round.