Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the ice thinner could be used here, and then use the jerky once the Taun is out? I'm not sure but maybe worth a try? Maybe everyone thinks the taun to find is on Hoth, but maybe it's actually Ilum? I would go find out but none of my toons are old enough yet.

The plot thickens!

Tauntaun vanity pets can now be acquired on the planet Hoth, though the exact means of acquisition are a mystery.

Tauntaun vanity pets can now be acquired on the planet Hoth, though the exact means of acquisition are a mystery.

Well yes, they did say that but heck, it is a mystery, right? Maybe they are misleading us here and we should try the Ilum thing anyway. Like I say, I would if I were at levels with Ilum.

I ask what I see fit to ask. Only you felt annoyed because of my question... Keep yourself from replying like that to people. Is utterly useless.

Not only that poster and it serves the purpose of pointing out you are unobservant.

Well yes, they did say that but heck, it is a mystery, right? Maybe they are misleading us here and we should try the Ilum thing anyway. Like I say, I would if I were at levels with Ilum.

I highly doubt they are misleading us.

This whole thread is ideas about where this thing could be and you come in and ask if we have any clues. Read all 98 pages. These area all ideas.

Well, we're really don't know if is that particular NPC we're after. It's the most obvious at this point but still, we're not sure. I was just cheering things up a little bit. Sarcasm is too strong a word in this context. Just relax.

Could anyone confirm if these steps have been attempted yet? I know a few people asked but I wasn't sure if anyone has yet tried:

1) Down Snowblind for the Jerky or Schematic.

2) Craft / Use the Jerky for the buff.

3) Down Gargath, let the Jerky buffed member get the final hit.

4) Search nearby areas for "Tauntaun Mother" or "Frightened Taunlet"

Bumping because I didn't see a reponse. I'd try this myself but our guild hasn't gotten the jerky OR the schematic just yet. We got the crate to drop from Gargath, though.

I really think we are just missing some event trigger. I think the whole get the liver, fern, etc. and make the ice scrabbler jerky to lure the tauntaun in range of the NVCCS to capture is right but the area or NPC trigger that will make the tauntaun appear is the real mystery.

uhh isnt the name of the pet we get Taunlet as well? someone find this thing now lol

Trust me....we are working on it :p

I really think we are just missing an event trigger at this point, or a particular spot etc. I know we have ALL run around hoth with the jerky but we must have missed one small spot or clickie or something.

We need a hit. :(

uhh isnt the name of the pet we get Taunlet as well? someone find this thing now lol

'Frightened Taunlet' would refer to the NPC you click on AFTER the final trigger, to use the NVCSSC on. You're not gonna stumble across a level 1 baby TaunTaun on Hoth just chilling there.

The hard part is finding said trigger, and what you need for it.

Edited by TheCeleb

'Frightened Taunlet' would refer to the NPC you click on AFTER the final trigger, to use the NVCSSC on. You're not gonna stumble across a level 1 baby TaunTaun on Hoth just chilling there.

The hard part is finding said trigger, and what you need for it.

yes, however GZ said someone already did "stumble across" it.. or he said that they said they did.

yes, however GZ said someone already did "stumble across" it.. or he said that they said they did.

He said they found the "tauntaun" no telling if that was the taunlet or another tauntaun that is the trigger to get the taunlet to appear.

I've scoured every blog post google has given me from page 1 to 32 and checked the 'comments' sections. Nothing. :(

Combing the internet for a comment of someone hinting that they found it is not panning out very well.

You guys have to realize that Bioware isn't going to just flat-out give you the answer. Georg is being vague because they want US to find it for ourselves. You're not going to find some post that someone made where he commented stating that the person was correct, so searching for an answer is not really going to provide you much. Your best resource for how to get this vanity pet is this thread.

but just to be clear this is a different tauntaun then the one we are searching for.

Correct, Taunling is an animal crate that Gargath has a chance to drop. . .this thread is discussing the Taunlet, the mysterious vanity pet that we've ye to figure out how to obtain.

Edited by NRaySI

I really like a suggestion someone brought up a few pages ago.

We are assuming that the Jerky and the NVSCCS are the only items involved. However, there are 3 other special items that can be purchases on Alderaan and Hoth: MGGS, ice thiner and the explosive. Perhaps they play a part.

The MGGS is used for a datacron at the house of Thul on Alderaan and the Ice thinning gun is used for a datacron frozen in ice on Hoth. I'm pretty sure we can cross those off the lost for capturing the taunlet.