Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

I don't like the idea of handing the bowl of candy to a person and say ENJOY I like giving a piece of candy and letting them enjoy the sugar rush of discovery.

I wish you all luck in your search, and I will try to help you along without ruining it for the gamers that love that aspect of the game. May you all stay warm in your search for the beloved taunlet.

AKA:Boisha

I think for some people, it's a sugar rush either way. Just knowing doesn't really take away the excitement, I think. I know a lot of people have been trying really hard, even since the test server, so I don't think it'd ruin it for people. It's why spoiler tags exist or why people offer to let others know in PMs--so then if a person doesn't want to know, they don't have to, but those who may just want the search to finally end can know too. Afterall, there's also plenty of people who just don't have as much time as they'd like to search too.

I know where that is!

I was running around there just before 1.2 hit exploring the map and looking for any possible quests etc.

no - not going to say. It was several hours of riding till I found it.

Except we don't know if she actually found it there or moved before taking the screenshots

Edited by Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes the area would be nice, but If she gives the area, anyone who has the buff will simply go there and take it giving them enough time to search that whole area.

And if the buff lasts a good amount of time and you can make so much of it? why not use it all and search that entire map of hoth?

Thus there must be something distinguishable that only a sharp eye like hers could catch (:

And heres another crazy analyzation from me:

Perhaps she thought way ahead! Imagine you want to give clues about where not to look, she posts a pictures not

wanting to give away the location, and yet people are able to recognize the location still. Thus maybe she posted teh picture as a clue in itself, if you know the location, perhaps that rules out that location and you can move on?

Haha like i said, another crazy analyzation.

She didn't reveal anything in the screenshots

So, expanding on her post.. It's probably right outside of a cave, and I know the PERFECT location. Testing now.

It's the background. I've seen it.

If they've moved well then I'm SOL... but I know that location.

Edited by VicHardy

Except we don't know if she actually found it there or moved before taking the screenshots

No it is not in that spot I was up there for the codex kill of the cat that was mentioned by OP when my guildie came up to me wanting the shot of me with my tauntlet to post

oh and if anyone knows me (Thayde Astraeus on Tarro Blood)

I would like help getting the jerky.

After 4 kills of snowblind and gargath i would expect the schem haha

On pub side because i know already that the empire had the drop.

Sigh since we are so overwhelmed by them, it would have been nice to gotten the taunlet before them

I can't imagine that a frightened animal would approach someone driving around in a car (or sitting in an idling car).

A lot of the problem with the search may be that people have been buffed, but have been moving around on speeders or staying on their speeders.

I also wonder where on Hoth you can go to get warm. ;)

I can't imagine that a frightened animal would approach someone driving around in a car (or sitting in an idling car).

A lot of the problem with the search may be that people have been buffed, but have been moving around on speeders or staying on their speeders.

Yeah...I'm thinking you have to stay in a certain location for a while in order to properly Lure it.

I really wouldn't use logic here my friend. It kind of hurt me when I was on the PTS lol.

How does getting refreshed and walking up a high mountain turn into water?

How does have that water and fighting a champion turn into a crystal mat?

I still think it's a cave entrance? Perhaps its a small one with nothing much inside? cant imagine a taunlet running out of a cave filled with wampas without dying.

Then again im using logic...DAMN YOU LOGIC!!! haha

Edited by JPYAGAMI

AS one that has spent every waking hour almost on Hoth since 1.2 came out, I congratulate you.

I would ask one simple thing. Is it a big cave or a small one?

I keep thinking about one I ran around in with the buff that has some dead tauntauns in it, that was fairly large with many wompas.

I really wouldn't use logic here my friend. It kind of hurt me when I was on the PTS lol.

How does getting refreshed and walking up a high mountain turn into water?

How does have that water and fighting a champion turn into a crystal mat?

I still think it's a cave entrance? Perhaps its a small one with nothing much inside? cant imagine a taunlet running out of a cave filled with wampas without dying.

Then again im using logic...DAMN YOU LOGIC!!! haha

Isnt this game but logic?

Who would think to hatch an egg from one planet you need to go to another planet, drink some water, then travel across the desert, stand in a focused solar panel to hatch an egg for a pet... then to know where and what to do to accomplish said goal....

Or to get said Datacron you need to sit on a balloon for an hour or find some friends to assist you to said location...

AKA: Boisha

Good job to an outside person (:

Looks like the outside the cave worked. Seems he knew the cave right off the bat which means its a pretty distinct cave?

Maybe it is the wampa cave where all the dead tauntaun are? It would kinda make sense? Maybe it's "frightened" since it is in there and it smells teh jerky and goes outside?

Haha im just being silly now. I should really sleep

Here we go: HINTS:

You can be on your speeder.

It is NOT A CAVE, but is a dead end (and you have to go inside of it)

THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO KILL.

Good luck boys, hope the pet gets you all warm and fuzzy.

PM me if you just want coords.

Edited by Dragonbgone

Looks like my ideas are being torn down haha.

Well still thanks for giving hints.

Hmm a dead end? I know lots of those haha.

If you dont have to kill anything then does that mean the area is empty or you don't ahve to kill anything to get the taunlet (which i figured already)

I bet its the very first spot I thought to look but I have no damn jerky! :-(

Had pm you ;) waitting for respons!