Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

Gonna put this in the first post, but to be honest, part of me thinks it may be a glitch as it is technically a consumable item and just might have an extra purpose for a pet.

Yes this remind me the "gifts" for our partners, the jerky could just be a gift/food to be given, AFTER his capture, to make him like us more and more...(i posted this on my french forum too^^).:)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the devs hinted earlier saying "they dont smell bad only on the outside", which refers to what han solo said when he put luke inside his dead taun taun.

I think people need to look for a dead body somewhere

I thought this was a hint a while before the patch came out on what pets would be available? I don't have the source either just from memory.

One of the devs hinted earlier saying "they dont smell bad only on the outside", which refers to what han solo said when he put luke inside his dead taun taun.

They also smell badly, when they are alive;)

Yes this remind me the "gifts" for our partners, the jerky could just be a gift/food to be given, AFTER his capture, to make him like us more and more...(i posted this on my french forum too^^).:)

This would be a much different mechanic from all the other vanity pets we have, as you cannot give them any gifts. It would be a nice touch, but I don't think it's the case. Since it drops from the world boss, I have to believe its the lure for the vanity pet.

Cesarean birth?

This is a good idea. Let me know if you need any help. Yea It was bothering me that I couldnt find it so put one up to see how its listed. It being listed under pet and selecting the green quality is indeed important and solidifies it imo as a way to get it.

I got to post 322, then gave up. It does get worse without doubt, but these are the numbers I gathered to that point.

Here's my data if you want to continue. Ill make a chart out of it still if you give me numbers. Good luck.

-New data/new theory/On topic

-Posts that have been stated answered, and posts answering reposts / non-relevant posts.

-Posts that arent relevant

-Posts that pertain to Jerky crafters on different servers.

0 (didnt get That far)

-Subscriptions

I think its fairly clear that roughly 1/3 posts are actually effective. :\ This thread needs a trim. Ill post an updated theories/leads/known list shortly just for a checkpoint.

-W

I got to post 322, then gave up. It does get worse without doubt, but these are the numbers I gathered to that point.

Here's my data if you want to continue. Ill make a chart out of it still if you give me numbers. Good luck.

-New data/new theory/On topic

-Posts that have been stated answered, and posts answering reposts / non-relevant posts.

-Posts that arent relevant

-Posts that pertain to Jerky crafters on different servers.

0 (didnt get That far)

-Subscriptions

I think its fairly clear that roughly 1/3 posts are actually effective. :\ This thread needs a trim. Ill post an updated theories/leads/known list shortly just for a checkpoint.

-W

A couple of updated theories would be really useful. Might give some of the people with access to more Jerky, liver, etc. the ability to just run a theory all the way through and say yes/no/unsure

OK - new spot, new tactic.

I have been reluctant to share it the past 2 days because I think I'm on to something. Now after 12 hours I need some help. On Hoth, go to the ledge at -1767 681, and tell me what you see. YES, I see it too. I can't describe what it is: 1. Because I haven't seen anything like it. 2. It was put there on purpose and it is obvious. I spent about 8 hours trying to get down to it from every angle. I have Grapple, Jerky, etc.... and yes this is on the slope of TaunTaun mountain.

Please help and share your thoughts or ideas with me.

... and YES I do see that same brownish/reddish smoke around in spots, but only in specific areas. almost like an aura of a smell... next to the Wampa and Lost TaunTauns...

It was in an interview on Inquisitor's Roadhouse (I believe that's the name), however, that was a hint as what kind of pets may come--not how to find them.

I have been reluctant to share it the past 2 days because I think I'm on to something. Now after 12 hours I need some help. On Hoth, go to the ledge at -1767 681, and tell me what you see. YES, I see it too. I can't describe what it is: 1. Because I haven't seen anything like it. 2. It was put there on purpose and it is obvious. I spent about 8 hours trying to get down to it from every angle. I have Grapple, Jerky, etc.... and yes this is on the slope of TaunTaun mountain.

... and YES I do see that same brownish/reddish smoke around in spots, but only in specific areas. almost like an aura of a smell... next to the Wampa and Lost TaunTauns...

Do you have a screenshot?

I'm there, i dont see anything. just the cliffside. is it something in the cliffside opposing the ledge? on the ground? to the left? right? above?

Look over the right side of the cliff you're standing on if your at that exact coordinates. It is at the bottom of the cliff on tauntaun mountain.. on a peek standing on it's own, it looks like a cave

when you mentioned those quotes I noticed a ledge yesterday that had something on it, but it was too small to click or even make out, I tried getting too it, only to die. but ill look for this "cave"

Look over the right side of the cliff you're standing on if your at that exact coordinates. It is at the bottom of the cliff on tauntaun mountain.. on a peek standing on it's own, it looks like a cave

colud u discribe it exactly?

im at the exact place, but still see nothin...

Are you talking about that metal door in the ice?

Pretty easy to get to, but I couldn't interact with anything there, nor did I get any hover-over indications. Didn't have the jerky buff though.

Are you talking about that metal door in the ice?

Pretty easy to get to, but I couldn't interact with anything there, nor did I get any hover-over indications. Didn't have the jerky buff though.

Do you have the ice thinner thing?

I believe he is talking about the giant spaceport-style ship landing/bunker thing in the side of the mountain. I've tried unsuccessfully to get there for an hour before. I've gotten to right above it where the fall wouldn't kill me but it does that "teleport away while falling" respawn thing. I might not have tried hard enough though.

I believe he is talking about the giant spaceport-style ship landing/bunker thing in the side of the mountain. I've tried unsuccessfully to get there for an hour before. I've gotten to right above it where the fall wouldn't kill me but it does that "teleport away while falling" respawn thing. I might not have tried hard enough though.

no thats further to the west. (I also cannot get down there, pretty sure you can't)