Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

you guys were talking about someone on the test server finding something he could click but now its walled/door'ed off? Did anyone try the explove stuff that the vendor who sells the animal trap has? Maybe its used to blow open a spot in the wall or a door now? Or that weird looking piece of ice in the canyon a couple pages back? use the melter or the explosives there maybe?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys were talking about someone on the test server finding something he could click but now its walled/door'ed off? Did anyone try the explove stuff that the vendor who sells the animal trap has? Maybe its used to blow open a spot in the wall or a door now? Or that weird looking piece of ice in the canyon a couple pages back? use the melter or the explosives there maybe?

The explosive that you buy on Alderaan is very specific. Its says "It works great in underground cave structures, especially those built by Killiks. This actuator is specifically built for detonating red detonite blast packs."

looking at the cached PTS thread I saw this

"Originally Posted by dipstik

in the deralict space port i found a clicky that didnt do anything. you have to get up on the right broken metal walkway."

Anyone know where this spaceport is?

This turned out to be the box you click for the datacron back there.

im thinking of this,

get nvccs

kill snowblind

find mother

use jerky

?kill mother?

?taun taun comes out?

There is no mother. Only one poster has EVER seen this mother and it has never been independantly confirmed. If we can get a conformation on the Mother, then i'll investigate, but until then i put this in the false info column.

To all new posters:

Many of us have already tried standing in/by/near every type on Tauntaun with the buff on. Nothing has happened.

but "undomesticated" take me to the idea it COULD be domesticated...

maybe it is THE taun taun we´re looking for and just didn´t found the solution to catch it?

Edited by mrphstar

I think we need to stop making up new locations. As stated by George Zeller, somebody has actually found the tauntaun in question. I'd suggest making a list of locations visited in this thread and go over them again. I'm pretty sure he meant that somebody in this thread managed to find it but not capture it.

I have been trying emotes as well, with all the elements needed. I have kneeled, I have even tried "pet". I have kneeled for 5 minutes trying to see if it would come.

I have /hug 'ed /love 'ed /beckon 'ed and just about every other emote on taunton's all over hoth for days. Some with the Jerky and some without

I think we need to stop making up new locations. As stated by George Zeller, somebody has actually found the tauntaun in question. I'd suggest making a list of locations visited in this thread and go over them again. I'm pretty sure he meant that somebody in this thread managed to find it but not capture it.

He said in internet, not in this forum. It was clear.

looking at the cached PTS thread I saw this

"Originally Posted by dipstik

in the deralict space port i found a clicky that didnt do anything. you have to get up on the right broken metal walkway."

Anyone know where this spaceport is?

99.99% sure this refers to the spot where you use the power cube from the Probe droid to spawn the Data Cron. That's what the clicky is.

I have an idea I want to test, but don't know where the ice ferns are...my map is broken. I don't even know if they are on Alderaan or Hoth, even!

They are on hoth, one is in the whiterock Wastes, go far north a bit to the left u see a giant generator, to the right are 2 rocks, behind the furthest one is a fern.

If you want to share ur ideas, other ppl can check

but "undomesticated" take me to the idea it COULD be domesticated...

maybe it is THE taun taun we´re looking for and just didn´t found the solution to catch it?

This type of Tauntaun is found all over the Starship Graveyard area and i've tried everything with the buff.

I have /hug 'ed /love 'ed /beckon 'ed and just about every other emote on taunton's all over hoth for days. Some with the Jerky and some without

um..can we keep all this loving and hugging of Tauntons between us please...

They are on hoth, one is in the whiterock Wastes, go far north a bit to the left u see a giant generator, to the right are 2 rocks, behind the furthest one is a fern.

If you want to share ur ideas, other ppl can check

The one I discovered is in the same zone at the top of Dour Mountain. You have to come towards it from Aurek base and there is a spot to the right to begin the climb up..when you get near the very top..its a little down on the right.

Read the NVSCCS. It say it is designed for safety. However, you all are assuming that is for the safety of the Tauntaun pet.

Could it be taken the other way around and these devices are for your OWN personal safety? IE, if you tried to get close to said Tauntaun using normal methods, some big nasty mob could come and attack you.

It also mentions spaceport maintenance crews are who use the items.

I bought 5 of them, as I'm quite curious as to why they are apparently expendable.

Lastly, in the lore I read up on, it states that Tauntauns hate droids: "It was discovered that the ultrasonic frequencies given off by certain droid models irritated the mounts, and they would use their tail to swat any of those droids who happened to wander too close."

Perhaps we all need to have our crafting droid out for a portion of this to irritate the tauntaun (in some specific location obviously), causing it to get irritated and come attack you, which you can then grab it with the NVSCCS....

ok, I don't know if I'm geting paranoid or not.

-1569, 782, the local area is called tauntaun ridge, there are roming untamed tauntauns. At the given coords there is a dead tauntaun behind a elite "boss"'s tent. I have the buff active and 2 in inventory but nothing seems to happen.

Edit: I dont know if it's all of hoth but u hear the occasional howl/cry

Edited by SnipeAlott

ok, I don't know if I'm geting paranoid or not.

-1569, 782, the local area is called tauntaun ridge, there are roming untamed tauntauns. At the given coords there is a dead tauntaun behind a elite "boss"'s tent. I have the buff active and 2 in inventory but nothing seems to happen.

Take out your droid ship companion and see if it makes them mad, per my previous post...lol.