Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

Ice Scrabbler Jerky

Unique in smell and texture, not even a tauntaun could resist a flavor of this magnitude.

Use: Increases out-of-combat health regeneration by 60 health per second for a duration of 60 minutes. This effect is not removed when defeated in combat.

Mmmmm... When / where would a player need a huge OUT OF COMBAT health regen buff?

Exhaustion zones, maybe?

The exhaustion zones have been exhausted... I know 90 pages is a lot to read, but it would be so much more beneficial if things already said weren't repeated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think the whole Schematic thing is kind of unfair. I have been playing this game for 4 months now and apparently I am on a low pop server. How can we take down Gargath when at any given time, we have trouble even find 4 people for a Heroic? There are never more than 6-8 people on Hoth!!! I have several chars (one of which is lvl 50 and the others near 50), so I have played Hoth MANY times .. never enough ppl for a big group to take him down :(

Make it a quest, I'm all in, but one that everyone can complete even on their own?

This is something I agree with. I know a lot of people who are kind of lone wolves in the game and the fact that pretty much all the random drop pets require a group (Flash Point, Operation, World Boss) is kind of infuriating, to be honest. :( I mean, there's not really a nice way to ask a group of people to do something in order for you to get something.

The exhaustion zones have been exhausted... I know 90 pages is a lot to read, but it would be so much more beneficial if things already said weren't repeated.

And you are repeating what the above poster said.

Edited by Pirindolo

Maybe we can ride that one some day. ;) In Cademimu there is an attack dog biochemists can unlock, "Fang", he fights for you once released from his cage, maybe something was triggered in this video we didn't see.

he taunted ive done it before they just follow you around since they really dont have an attack.

This is something I agree with. I know a lot of people who are kind of lone wolves in the game and the fact that pretty much all the random drop pets require a group (Flash Point, Operation, World Boss) is kind of infuriating, to be honest. :( I mean, there's not really a nice way to ask a group of people to do something in order for you to get something.

True! I'd rather go through a longer process alone than having to rely on group stuff for a pet. Note that this is personal opinion. This game is an MMO so they'll try to push the group stuff into the game but is unfair when something we need to drop doesn't drop most of the times or only drops for one person. The "luck" factor is too much into it on that kind of situations and it can be really bitter.

Also, the out of combat health regen isn't anything extraordinary for the jerky, most of the games cantina vendors sell a food item that will do this. (IE Bantha Steak) However, none of them contain the "irrestible to Tauntauns" on the item notes.

I keep saying i'm quitting, but I want to find this dang tauntaun! Speaking of looking at other planets, I thought I would check the Imperial Fleet for some kind of critter to capture. I checked all the way to the museum on Ziost Shadow. However, no go. My logic was they said 2 planets, but a fleet/ship is not a planet! I thought I was smart until I found nothing... lol.

Also, since maybe checking other planets may be smart, darth hater has this: http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/search.aspx?search_text=taunlet#npcs

Now I KNOW to take this data mining stuff with a grain of salt, but others have came up with Corellia and thats listed. As for Balmorra, it says imperial so thats probably nothing. I have barely searched all of Corellia and i'm not sure if I wanna spend another 10 hours searching that place. In hoth I at least was familiar and had the whole place explored. I agree though, you may only get rewarded the pet on Hoth, but completing the task may be elsewhere.

Edited by SillyTurtle

I can make jerky on Assassins of Sion. BYOL. Character Name: Phyneas

Speaking of which. I'm about to give up. On April 24, everybody and their mom is gonna have a tauntaun ram following them.... so whats the point.

Bioware has successfully gotten me to waste my time running around on an ice cube. I consider myself duped.

Edited by Kimchewie

Ice Scrabbler Jerky

Unique in smell and texture, not even a tauntaun could resist a flavor of this magnitude.

Use: Increases out-of-combat health regeneration by 60 health per second for a duration of 60 minutes. This effect is not removed when defeated in combat.

Mmmmm... When / where would a player need a huge OUT OF COMBAT health regen buff?

Exhaustion zones, maybe?

There is a new fp on Tatooine that is completely surrounded by an exhaustion zone.................

The out of combat health regen in interesting but know this: it only increases the rate by 60. There are plenty of other higher leveled items that increase the rate by 75 and 90. The interesting part about the item is that it persists through death.

A theory can be created from this that closely resembles the +10 stats Datacron: Run into a certain exhaustion zone with the buff, make it a certain distance, die, get teleported to a new Medcenter (perhaps in an abandoned spaceport), find baby Tauntaun with the buff still intact.

However, I think Zoeller's comment was extremely interesting. That someone found the baby tauntaun but couldn't capture it. This makes me believe that someone stumbled upon it completely by accident since they were travelling around without the NVSCCS. Perhaps they didn't even have the Jerky on them either. Or perhaps the other way around. Thus, it would be possible that people who don't have both items are still able to find the spawn point.

And you are repeating what the above poster said.

Because I was typing as he posted? I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it. I was only trying to help. Please don't be a smart allic.

Also, there would have been no need for either of us to say anything had you actually read before posting.

Edited by StampMango
Additional information

The out of combat health regen in interesting but know this: it only increases the rate by 60. There are plenty of other higher leveled items that increase the rate by 75 and 90. The interesting part about the item is that it persists through death.

A theory can be created from this that closely resembles the +10 stats Datacron: Run into a certain exhaustion zone with the buff, make it a certain distance, die, get teleported to a new Medcenter (perhaps in an abandoned spaceport), find baby Tauntaun with the buff still intact.

However, I think Zoeller's comment was extremely interesting. That someone found the baby tauntaun but couldn't capture it. This makes me believe that someone stumbled upon it completely by accident since they were travelling around without the NVSCCS. Perhaps they didn't even have the Jerky on them either. Or perhaps the other way around. Thus, it would be possible that people who don't have both items are still able to find the spawn point.

The thing here is, if I'm understanding correctly, no one here has came across the mini/baby tauntaun yet. Where is it? We are running out of ideas and this is reaching the point of turning from an interesting challenge into an annoying thing!

Edited by BrunoLogan

has anyone tried to get back into this area?

i have tried today and apparently its been fixed or blocked off

yes, I tried last night and it was blocked off for me as well. unfortunate, because I had a pretty good idea for back there.

The thing here is, if I'm understanding correctly, no one here has came across the mini/baby tauntaun yet. Where is it? We are running out of ideas and this is reaching the point of turning from an interesting challenge into an annoying thing!

I believe the contrary actually. Zeoller alluded that the baby tauntuan was found but not captured (please go read his comment).

I believe the contrary actually. Zeoller alluded that the baby tauntuan was found but not captured (please go read his comment).

I know he said that but I don't remember anyone else saying that he or she found it. Also if you read Zoeller post it says he saw "somewhere on the internet" which doesn't clearly states that it was someone from this thread. I already googled around for this but I couldn't find anything that may add something to what's being discussed here.

Edited by BrunoLogan

Has anyone tried looking in between all rocks and cracks and underneath boxes and such? Baby Tauntaun might be hiding

i've looked around the ice for small cracks ETC. I found a few (which just viz error'd me out). I'm wondering about this. Also, I'm wondering about the door that has no clickie to open. Its near the "mini tauntaun" ilum/hoth map, jsut follow the path down to the cliff, then go right.

Also, not that I expected it to be, but hes not on the top of the giant ship crashed at a 45 degree angle. went up there last night :D kind of sickening to stand so high... and jump off :p

True! I'd rather go through a longer process alone than having to rely on group stuff for a pet. Note that this is personal opinion. This game is an MMO so they'll try to push the group stuff into the game but is unfair when something we need to drop doesn't drop most of the times or only drops for one person. The "luck" factor is too much into it on that kind of situations and it can be really bitter.

Yeah... I mean, the magenta adegan crystal or whatever requires a group but EVERYONE gets it. So nobody really loses out. Rather than everything else with luck and random drops.

Jinxblog - That's exactly what I got from it. If only we knew who he was talking about :/ (

I think opposite:D

It doesn't says they didn't have it. What if they had both of them (buff and the NVSCCS) + jerky intact in bag, and still unable to capture...?

We're just too much stucked in this theory i bet;)

I think opposite:D

It doesn't says they didn't have it. What if they had both of them (buff and the NVSCCS) + jerky intact in bag, and still unable to capture...?

We're just too much stucked in this theory i bet;)

From now on I believe in everything as odd as the solution for this thing can be...

Assuming that the person who saw the mini tauntaun was being truthful, that person wasn't actually looking for it, which means that he probably didn't have the jerky or the jerky buff when he found it.

That would indicate to me that the baby is either rare and on a path, or that it is summonable by some sequence of events.

This in turn leads me to think about the HIghmount Ridge Wampa some more. Other than the ice ferns, is it the only significant thing that has been added to Hoth in 1.2? Surely there must be a reason. If the wampa is not directly involved, maybe it's just intended to show us that such summons exist?

I know that all of this has been considered before, but it seems like we're at a point where we're wondering what needs to be reconsidered the most. It seems like we're close, which means we probably don't need to reinvent the wheel just yet.

I've read through this entire post and the only thing that hasn't been confirmed is the frightened tauntaun that runs away. An earlier post said they found it, but it ran away and didn't give coords. Zoeller said someone found it but didn't capture it.

Could someone please post coordinates for the frightened tauntaun?

Let's get someone with a jerky buff out there and see what happens!