Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

its a drop that you loot from the mob, not bioanalysis. I've got on to drop off of a NOT silver mob in the ice wampa cave

I also got this drop an hour or so ago from a mob in the top right of spaceship graveyard (the jedis and republic troopers or whatever)

Could you give me the coordinates to said cave? Starting tomorrow I'm going to have a lot of free time, and am looking to farm them for awhile.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried some areas wiht the buff but what if its like the tat quests and like, its not clickable unless you have the buff on? I dunno I think at this point we are Definatly missing a step, maybe two buffs are involved. Im going to go and check vendors on alderaan for anything else that could be purchasable.

There should at least be a tool tip saying what it is even if you can click on something. I didn't see anything that looked like it wasn't part of a quest in the Starship Graveyard area.

I think any decision to look elsewhere than Hoth is a HUGE mistake, for several compelling reasons.

1) The teaser/patchnotes said that the Tauntaun can be acquired on Hoth, not using materials from Hoth or involving Hoth. ON Hoth.

2) We also know it is a 2 planet job, and we are quite certain that the NVSCCS is a part of this, so we know Alderaan fits in that way. That leaves Hoth for the capture. On top of this, Alderaan has long been the "hub" for special acquisitions by means of using items from that vendor elsewhere.

3) The Dev said that someone had already been able to capture the Tauntaun, they just didn't realize it. Now everyone has been exploring Hoth almost exclusively, along with Ilum. This means that it has to be on one of these two locations where the Tauntaun is found, BUT it's supposed to be a two planet task, not three. That seems to exclude Ilum.

We're not saying we're looking on Alderaan for the Tauntau itself. We're looking for another step in the chain. A buff, a cage item, and NPC to talk to gain special tauntaun hunting skills, etc.

We're not saying we're looking on Alderaan for the Tauntau itself. We're looking for another step in the chain. A buff, a cage item, and NPC to talk to gain special tauntaun hunting skills, etc.

Yes we are missing a buff...step in the chain something...

but what?

ARRGGGGG

And what about the Wompa on Highmount Ridge? Why put it in the patch notes if it's just a new mob?

Very suspicious.

I have been wondering about this as well. Supposedly he can drop the liver, but is there more?

I am very intrigued by the map from Ilum: http://i42.tinypic.com/1gj13o.jpg

I think it may indeed be a hint, but I also don't think the characteristics line up precisely between the two. The body, in particular, is at a different angle. Now there is a body by that Wampa on Highmount, so might it be related? The body also almost looks like it should be clickable, if unlocked somehow.

Was it there before the patch, though? I don't remember.

No. That is from torhead or dearth hater that have been data farming. It's not in game.

Actually, this is incorrect. There is ONE Tauntaun pet that does drop off of the worldboss Gargath, but it is not the one we are looking for.

Are you sure that that has been confirmed?

I'm almost positive that in the first few pages of this thread someone posted confirmation that they had actually received this tauntaun. I have seen it elsewhere, too, IIRC.

Actually, this is incorrect. There is ONE Tauntaun pet that does drop off of the worldboss Gargath, but it is not the one we are looking for.

yeah gargath is the one,some guilds have been farming him for the tauntaun

Any Fatman Server people here trying to solve this mystery? I find it hard to believe the busiest server isn't in on this. I ask people on my server constantly and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. What if they only drop one schematic per server? Because I havent heard of a single person that has it. Please let me know if someone on Fatman has it? I have been farming supllies. I'm ready to craft.

Sefen

Edited by BarabbasSiley

I have been wondering about this as well. Supposedly he can drop the liver, but is there more?

I am very intrigued by the map from Ilum: http://i42.tinypic.com/1gj13o.jpg

I think it may indeed be a hint, but I also don't think the characteristics line up precisely between the two. The body, in particular, is at a different angle. Now there is a body by that Wampa on Highmount, so might it be related? The body also almost looks like it should be clickable, if unlocked somehow.

Was it there before the patch, though? I don't remember.

The body, along with the security crate was there before the patch. I know 'cause I've been there many a time.

As for Tauntauns, I've found Lost, Untamed, Wild Roaming, Undomesticated and Roaming. Some were killable, but none reacted.

And the NVSCCS keep saying Target signature mismatch. So either it;s been preloaded with the Taunlet specs, or we need to re-spec it somehow.

Killed snowblind and gargath again, still no drop. Also tauntaun dropped from gargath and I assumed everyone was

going to choose greed and so i missed out on the roll, plus the group I did it with started while my friend was

disconnected so he didnt get to roll/get credit either.

Anyways, I have seen this Illum map since I was testing on the PTS and It just doesn't align right. It's sloppy and

frankly its a crude attempt. I'm working on a better version, because I find the tiny tauntaun intriguing.

I admit that Illum isn't part of the 2-part planet, but I'm curious why they would put this here. This won't be my only

lead, I'll follow other ones as soon as I can get time/get the jerky schem and some livers, which still have yet

to drop for me.

As for theories on My part, I don't believe this is a buff puzzle like the bird. I think the only one we need is the jerky.

Not only that, but I don't think anyone should be afraid to use their jerky. Now I don't mean to waste it, I mean that

since the dev said someone came close, it means its an area where someone explored, they simply didn't have

jerky buff. I strongly believe you need to find the area, tauntaun will stay because of jerky, then use alderaan

device.

Now I'm thinking that if you go to area, tauntaun will run away (i.e. frightened tauntaun) because you have no buff.

Most of us have probably passed it numerous times without realizing it. That is why you should be looking for a tauntaun that runs away as soon as you get near. mark the area, come back later with buff and try.

I know this is very obvious, but sometimes it needs to be stated.

Sherlock Holmes always said "you see, but you

do not observe". I think this is the problem with some of us; we are going through the map without truly

observing our surroundings.

Hope this helps anyone until I can effectively join the search

Edited by JPYAGAMI

Any Fatman Server people here trying to solve this mystery? I find it hard to believe the busiest server isn't in on this. I ask people on my server constantly and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. What if they only drop one schematic per server? Because I havent heard of a single person that has it. Please let me know if someone on Fatman has it? I have been farming supllies. I'm ready to craft.

Sefen

My guild now has 2 people that can craft the Jerky. I got mine from Kaon HM and other guildie got it from Gargeth drop.

Killed snowblind and gargath again, still no drop. Also tauntaun dropped from gargath and I assumed everyone was

going to choose greed and so i missed out on the roll, plus the group I did it with started while my friend was

disconnected so he didnt get to roll/get credit either.

Anyways, I have seen this Illum map since I was testing on the PTS and It just doesn't align right. It's sloppy and

frankly its a crude attempt. I'm working on a better version, because I find the tiny tauntaun intriguing.

I admit that Illum isn't part of the 2-part planet, but I'm curious why they would put this here. This won't be my only

lead, I'll follow other ones as soon as I can get time/get the jerky schem and some livers, which still have yet

to drop for me.

As for theories on My part, I don't believe this is a buff puzzle like the bird. I think the only one we need is the jerky.

Not only that, but I don't think anyone should be afraid to use their jerky. Now I don't mean to waste it, I mean that

since the dev said someone came close, it means its an area where someone explored, they simply didn't have

jerky buff. I strongly believe you need to find the area, tauntaun will stay because of jerky, then use alderaan

device.

Now I'm thinking that if you go to area, tauntaun will run away (i.e. frightened tauntaun) because you have no buff.

Most of us have probably passed it numerous times without realizing it. That is why you should be looking for a tauntaun that runs away as soon as you get near. mark the area, come back later with buff and try.

I know this is very obvious, but sometimes it needs to be stated.

Sherlock Holmes always said "you see, but you

do not observe". I think this is the problem with some of us; we are going through the map without truly

observing our surroundings.

Hope this helps anyone until I can effectively join the search

True, the map doesn't quite line up. That said, there is a pack of lost tauntauns in just about the spot of the X on that map.

The tiny tauntaun is a red Herring imo. Dragonbgone posted way back that he went back to Ilum, found the body and tiny tauntaun, fiddled with the camera and angle, and tried to match it perfectly to the "human body" on Hoth. We narrowed down the suspected area to Tauntaun Ridge in Imperial Territory. The "exact" location of the tiny Tauntaun was at the entrance to a cave for questing Imperials. The cave had some Talz and Wompas and some dead Tauntauns but nothing interesting to see.

Frankly, I don't want something on Ilum to distract us from the two planets of Alderaan and Hoth.

I think any decision to look elsewhere than Hoth is a HUGE mistake, for several compelling reasons.

1) The teaser/patchnotes said that the Tauntaun can be acquired on Hoth, not using materials from Hoth or involving Hoth. ON Hoth.

2) We also know it is a 2 planet job, and we are quite certain that the NVSCCS is a part of this, so we know Alderaan fits in that way. That leaves Hoth for the capture. On top of this, Alderaan has long been the "hub" for special acquisitions by means of using items from that vendor elsewhere.

3) The Dev said that someone had already been able to capture the Tauntaun, they just didn't realize it. Now everyone has been exploring Hoth almost exclusively, along with Ilum. This means that it has to be on one of these two locations where the Tauntaun is found, BUT it's supposed to be a two planet task, not three. That seems to exclude Ilum.

The Dev did not say that the Tauntaun was captured. Only that it was seen and not captured.