Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

What about killing the ice cats surrounding dead tauntauns, and then activating or doing something with the buff to lure out a frightened tauntaun which was hiding after its parent was killed by the cats?

Do we have coordinates for dead tauntauns?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have coordinates for dead tauntauns?

All over the jagged ice plains area to the east of the Jagged Plains Republic Outpost, which is at -2709, 37.

Lots of packs of ice cats and dead tauntauns, the one that stood out the most was 3 cats prowling around one very close to the outpost.

All over the jagged ice plains area to the east of the Jagged Plains Republic Outpost, which is at -2709, 37.

Lots of packs of ice cats and dead tauntauns, the one that stood out the most was 3 cats prowling around one very close to the outpost.

This has been discussed already numerous times, people who've had all of the elements we assume are needed to get the pet had no interactions with the dead tauntauns found throughout Hoth.

What about killing the ice cats surrounding dead tauntauns, and then activating or doing something with the buff to lure out a frightened tauntaun which was hiding after its parent was killed by the cats?

I've considered this as well, but heres the problem with that, then its just "go around with buff and hope you get lucky killing the right mob" this is not a "fun" way to get it, its just random. Look at the egg quest, its VERY thought out, its not random at all. Look at the adgean quest too, same thing.

I've considered this as well, but heres the problem with that, then its just "go around with buff and hope you get lucky killing the right mob" this is not a "fun" way to get it, its just random. Look at the egg quest, its VERY thought out, its not random at all. Look at the adgean quest too, same thing.

I don't know if I'd call waiting for 4 hours and repeatedly losing at the last second from being gangked "fun."

And in any case, why does it have to be super convoluted?

Edited by Skolops

I don't know if I'd call waiting for 4 hours and repeatedly losing at the last second from being gangked "fun."

ok fun was a poor choice of word. Involved/Interesting, would be a better one.

It's been said, but I really don't think that the buff is needed to discover the right spot (much like the water buff isn't needed to find the incubation spot for the egg). If someone already accidentally found the baby tauntaun (as hinted) that person wouldn't have had a jerky buff.

Have people been trying to use emotes at all? It occurred to me that whenever I deal with a frightened animal, I always crouch, kneel, etc, or that animal won't approach.

I think human corpses are more likely to lead us somewhere than tauntaun corpses, and that a wampa will be close by. I've also been almost knocked to the top of the mountain by the Highmont Ridge wampa, but I purposely avoided it so he wouldn't reset (might be worth trying to get to the very top on purpose).

I know it's not a very high pop server, but can anyone on The Maw make the jerky? If so, please PM me or post; I'd really like to be able to try some things myself!

Because complexity and difficulty in acquisition is what gives the item value. Vanity items are just that, for displays of vanity. Rarity is important. There's nothing special about showing off, for instance, Recruit armor. But War Hero? It visually represents the effort put into acquisition. This principle applies as well to something like the Orobird.

I know it's not a very high pop server, but can anyone on The Maw make the jerky? If so, please PM me or post; I'd really like to be able to try some things myself!

Hello from a fellow Maw-ite!

I've been passively following this thread over the past few days. I'd like to get out there and look around, but I just haven't time since I started following the thread. I'm a Jedi Shadow named Tekas, part of the guild <It Came From Behind>. If you're on the republic side, I'd be willing to get together and do some searching when possible. I'm sure that I could get some guildies interested in working on this as well.

I am on the Swiftsure Imperial side, character named Labiche. I am about to start Hoth on my tankassin so I will keep my eyes peeled as I usually am pretty good at observing and not just seeing.

After reading the first 91 pages of this thread, I had an idea.

Has anyone tried killing the new wampa that the patch notes mentions and THEN using the jerky in some way, either eating it after the wampa is dead or maybe you can use it on the wampa corpse to lure out the tauntaun?

I am on the Swiftsure Imperial side, character named Labiche. I am about to start Hoth on my tankassin so I will keep my eyes peeled as I usually am pretty good at observing and not just seeing.

Has anyone tried killing the new wampa that the patch notes mentions and THEN using the jerky in some way, either eating it after the wampa is dead or maybe you can use it on the wampa corpse to lure out the tauntaun?

honestly, I dont think the wampa has anything to do with the pet. I know someone has killed it with buff up, but as far as "giving" it to something, I just don't see how thats possible. you can't open up a trade window with something other than another player. And theres NO clickies near it. (its out in the middle of nowhere, just snow around it)

Edited by Kaisies

Due to SWTOR's mechanics, using anything on the Wampa's corpse would be impossible since he has the ability to be skinned for Bioanalysis. This makes right clicking unviable, and if any object is dragged to somewhere on the screen, it is assumed for deletion.

Personally, I don't think the Wampa has to do with anything, it simply explains the dead soldier that was next to the chest before (pre 1.2). imo, they wouldn't put a huge clue to a vanity pet within the notes either, its not like you see "Incubator placed in the Dune Sea"

Edited by TheCeleb

I had started wondering if instead of having the buff on we would need to eat the jerky at specific place and time to get the tauntaun to show up.

But i wonder if this one person who said they found it even had the jerky at the time to trigger an event.

looking at the cached PTS thread I saw this

"Originally Posted by dipstik

in the deralict space port i found a clicky that didnt do anything. you have to get up on the right broken metal walkway."

Anyone know where this spaceport is?

I was looking this brownish fog since the begining too, and now with the jerky nohing happend, and couldn't get another liver, so can't go on with the buff anymore, until i find a new drop - sad because tonight i would have gladly tried on the coordinates, i'm linking.

There you can see not a brownish smog , but a greenish small one....

Could someone check with the jerky? Thanks :)

The link, with coordinates on the screen:http://nsa21.casimages.com/img/2012/04/19/mini_120419012232763143.jpg"]http://nsa21.casimages.com/img/2012/04/19/mini_120419012232763143.jpg[/url]

I was looking this brownish fog since the begining too, and now with the jerky nohing happend, and couldn't get another liver, so can't go on with the buff anymore, until i find a new drop - sad because tonight i would have gladly tried on the coordinates, i'm linking.

There you can see not a brownish smog , but a greenish small one....

Could someone check with the jerky? Thanks :)

The link, with coordinates on the screen:http://nsa21.casimages.com/img/2012/04/19/mini_120419012232763143.jpg"]http://nsa21.casimages.com/img/2012/04/19/mini_120419012232763143.jpg[/url]

that is the smallest screenshot i have seen this decade.

looking at the cached PTS thread I saw this

"Originally Posted by dipstik

in the deralict space port i found a clicky that didnt do anything. you have to get up on the right broken metal walkway."

Anyone know where this spaceport is?

yes, It was in spaceship graveyard, and the OP of that said he had gone back and they had changed it around and walled some spots off.