Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

-While I do agree you should be able to target yourself or a friend with the Training droid, it's not a big deal. It was never promised to be a pet.

-Yes, it would be nice if the STAP "upgraded" itself whenever you buy a faster Speeder. This is common in pretty much all MMOs with variable-speed mounts, so I agree with you here. But, at the same time, they didn't lie to me about anything.

-I do agree they need an "appearance mod slot" for weapons, and some equipment as well. It wasn't entirely a bad idea to tie stats to color, since every stat level of crystal has all colors available... except the pre-order color. Alternatively, they could allow you to "mix" the pre-order crystal with a higher level crystal to effectively give the stats to the pre-order crystal. But regardless again, it's a minor bonus item.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay to win! Pay to win! Pay to win! Pay to win! How do I open the in game shop to buy BioCreds so I can buy winning? Oh btw, just in case you didn't know, it's just a PET. You're raging over a VANITY PET not lasting the whole time at your side. I think I'm going to go impale myself on a lightsaber because the pixels on my screen only last for 30 seconds. Raging about pixels = WINNING. They obviously said it was a combat pet so your assumption that it should be out always is your own fault, build a bridge, get over it, it's 20$. You spend that much on your breakfast at Mickey Ds every morning.

-While I do agree you should be able to target yourself or a friend with the Training droid, it's not a big deal. It was never promised to be a pet.

This is a factually incorrect statement.

From the website -

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

Click the ? next to the words "Training Droid"

Pay to win! Pay to win! Pay to win! Pay to win! How do I open the in game shop to buy BioCreds so I can buy winning? Oh btw, just in case you didn't know, it's just a PET. You're raging over a VANITY PET not lasting the whole time at your side. I think I'm going to go impale myself on a lightsaber because the pixels on my screen only last for 30 seconds. Raging about pixels = WINNING. They obviously said it was a combat pet so your assumption that it should be out always is your own fault, build a bridge, get over it, it's 20$. You spend that much on your breakfast at Mickey Ds every morning.

Learn to read.

I have to agree.

I feel like I paid extra for almost nothing.. I use the holodancer girl more than I use anything else.. hell I stopped using the color crystal at 10.

The camera is completely stupid. takes a picture from your character's perspective? Yeah i can do that anyway it's called zoom the camera in and press print screen.

The training droid is NOT as advertised. I was under the impression that it would just follow you around and highlight your target for you, I thought if nothing else that would be a good idea for tanks if other players could see it, that way it would highlight the mob the tank is targeting. Nope just a pointless ability item., I mean it could still be used for that but it's not how Bioware made it sound.

Oh then we get access to the VIP lounge, for what? There's absolutely nothing to do up there, we don't get access to the CE vendor so what's the point?

Over-all very displeased with the DDE's items, really feel I was told one thing and given another. I'm actually sorry I upgraded to it, should have just stayed with the standard edition.

This is the exact reason I've always just ordered standard edition before because the crap you get it exactly that. CRAP.

The only reason I order any sort of collector's edition, ever, is for the early start. Luckily, I was actually one of the first ones into the game, right on the 14th, so I'd have to say I'm happy with my choice.

For those who aren't getting very much early access time, or any at all, the value of their special order comes from the extra items offered to them, and that's the true nature of the issue, I think. Players are a little bitter about their lack of early access, and look to the other parts of their pre-order to make up for it. Then find those items to be lackluster. I suspect that if everyone had a full 5 days of early access, the lackluster bonus items would be more forgivable.

I have to say I'm fairly underwhelmed with the entire VIP area. It looks more like a graveyard than a booming lounge area. BioWare certainly didn't put a lot of time into it's design. BioWare didn't put a lot of effort into designing any of these items or bonus areas. I will literally never set foot in the VIP area again, now that I've seen it once. Not only is there no reason to mechanically (I might make one more trip to buy the special mount, if/when I have the money) but the visuals don't even draw me in. Why take 3 or 4 loading screens to get back to the space station to sit in an empty room? I won't even be able to talk with players my own level, who are likely on a planet and not the space station. It's just poor planning and implementation overall.

I think BioWare may have forgotten that people did pay extra real-world money for these things. Fluff they may be, but more effort should have been put into these things if BioWare is going to charge more money to their customer in order to gain access to them. Players have every right to feel ripped off, because while the game itself is decent enough, the extras they paid additional money for are poorly designed and implemented.

-Macheath.

-I do agree they need an "appearance mod slot" for weapons, and some equipment as well. It wasn't entirely a bad idea to tie stats to color, since every stat level of crystal has all colors available... except the pre-order color. Alternatively, they could allow you to "mix" the pre-order crystal with a higher level crystal to effectively give the stats to the pre-order crystal. But regardless again, it's a minor bonus item.

Weapon that have an orange quality can be kept for level 1 to 50. By changing the hilt for swords or the barrel for blasters. So in a way there is an appereance mod. Just keep the orange quality weapon you like and change the hilt or barrel to a higher rating and that will make the min max DMG goes up accordingly.

I honestly dont care too much i only preordered so that the CE woudnt run out the trinket with the crystal is a bonus i hope i can just strap it one blade that i may not use that much but can carry around just to have for fun. The lower run vehical? i think it will be cool for a while but honestly at higher levels i want a landspeeder or something cool like that. I dont mind it as your first vehicle and i "assume" "Hope" you can pull it out whenver you want even if you get another one so you can always just use it ..go a bit slower but ride it a little just to show off that you have it. :-)

I have to agree. The DDE are mostly nothing like what I expected.

The mount: As expected so no complaints there.

Flare gun: Pointless item but it's amusing.

Camera: Rip off.

Holo-dancer: As I expected, I'm happy with it.

But the droid... lord the droid. Pointless item that does not do what it was said to do on the DDE advertisements. No benefit in combat, doesn't follow you around, and has to be activated every combat. This really irritated me and should be changed.

I agree +rep to you.

BW should make the CE and deluxe version all the same for in game. CE's only difference should be that it has actual physical items where the deluxe has only the digital ones. After I redeemed my registration code they asked me If i wanted to pay 19.99 to upgrade. I almost said yes and am willing to even if they change the price to 29.99 I just want some of those CE digital features!

honestly i like the two CE only items makes me feel special the only people who gripe about it are the ones who didnt get it :-)

First of all, I agree with many of the points raised and feel that BioWare should respond to these legitimate concerns. I do want to mention one thing that seems to have been overlooked regarding the CE store.

The game hasn't officially been released yet (with the exception of Europe, and that was a last minute change). Keeping that in mind, technically no one should have had access to the CE vendor until the 20th because it requires a product code to activate. I'm almost positive that come launch, the vendors on both factions will be more in line with each other and contain many more items.

Even though the DDE codes have already been sent out, I wouldn't be surprised to see an update to those vendors on the 20th as well.

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

~Ivy

Nope :)