Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

It isn't about an advantage, I don't believe any of us have said that :) We are disappointed in the quality as well as items not being what we were promised. Just reread the posts if you missed that.

Sorry. Functional items are needed. However they want to make them. Just make it do what you say and make people want to keep it around and not trash it.

LOTRO does a great job at this.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Functional items are needed. However they want to make them. Just make it do what you say and make people want to keep it around and not trash it.

LOTRO does a great job at this.

LoTRO's stuff isn't all that great. I had a ton of cloaks too ugly to ever use and stats only good for a few levels.

I beta tested, launched and up to a year ago played LoTRO. F2P drove me off.

LoTRO's stuff isn't all that great. I had a ton of cloaks too ugly to ever use and stats only good for a few levels.

I beta tested, launched and up to a year ago played LoTRO. F2P drove me off.

This.

LotRO offered no combat items worth mentioning as a bonus. Titles, gear that lasted until level 10, cosmetic items and mounts. Even the store items are largely cosmetic (or were last time I played) which was right before Isengard released

I am extremely happyy with the Game. I, however, agree with the OP. The DDE extras were not worth the extra $20. They felt like they were an after thought and then they were hyped. The little training droid would be cool if it was a cast and forget and all it did was float around you. The 30 second thing, and only on enemy players... that is a waste.

No comment on the STAP yet.

I would like to see the mount scale, but I am enjoying everything else. Sure the crystal becomes useless pretty soon but whats more amazing than that is you can buy the same exact crystal for 10 credits on the fleet lol. Oh well, such is life. The flare gun rocks!

I am disappointed as well. The only reasons I got the DD edition are:

1. to have a mount for all my new chars and save some credits, but it turns out that training the ability is the big cost

2. To have the Training Droid assist at early levels in case I struggled to figure out a class

Too many complains about everything in the game. When have edition exclusive items ever been more than cosmetic? If they were game changing then that would be dumb and unfair. I got DDE and the items were what I expected. In response to the STAP I'm pretty sure that a 90% increase to your movement speed is way faster then walking around the map.

That's one piece. That's not a set. Also those sets aren't unique. You misinterpret the term unique. Unique meaning very few in nature. Unique is something that not many others have. The social gear is available to anyone. The CE gear is not. Therefore the social gear is not unique. The CE gear is

So you basically feel jipped because you can't walk around like a rooster strutting the fact you paid an extra $90 on a video game?

Really? Reallyreally?

Also, did you miss the part where they said the CE store would be updated regularly with new items?

[Edit] Also, how unique is it when every CE owner in the game can use the items? Keep in mind that the CE was sold out...

Edited by Mazikeen

(Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

THIS THIS THIS!!!

Colors are COLORS, attaching stats to them is one of the worst things this game has done to us. I don't want my color choice to be determined by what crystal will give me a better stat bonus.

THIS THIS THIS!!!

Colors are COLORS, attaching stats to them is one of the worst things this game has done to us. I don't want my color choice to be determined by what crystal will give me a better stat bonus.

artificers would have a problem with this (/raises hand). as an artificer i can make any color crystal that is in demand, all with the same stats.. my only concern is end game crystals, but im guessing we will have those in the GTN at some point when raiding becomes more prevalent.

thus, IMO, this is a non-issue.

I bought the DDE for the STAP and the pet, I would pay 10 bucks a piece for them, I like vanity items, so I figured the rest would be a bonus. The pet said pet. It's not a pet. It's utter garbage and a waste of inventory. Make it a pet.

Copy pasted from http://buy.swtor.com/us/ ( this site )

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

Don't care about the - for combat assistance. - part, what I cared about was the

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side

The first time I seen Star Wars, A New Hope- I was a boy, and the scene with Luke the training droid and the blaster shield down... long story short I want my freaking training droid as described - PET, throwing around the phrase PET to a player base who would refer to that as a novelty creature/droid/demon/dog what-ever that follows you around and if it does anything it's strictly novelty, and then giving them something that does nothing but hover around a target is not anything we thought it was going to be.

On a side note, if and when ( <- when- I hope. ) you make it a PET, it would be cool if you go idle for a few seconds the droid starts firing and your character starts deflecting it with his/her Light Saber. If your a jedi/sith at least. Other classes should try and swat it down shoot it down or something.

I am happy with my purchase, but I want the pet as the description lead us to believe. Or a down grade option, no refund, just the extra money going towards game time or something in return of the vanity items. If these were physical items I would demand a refund for misleading/false advertisement, I would not have been pissed or anything, just firm. With that money I would still have bought a standard version of the game.

Edited by JobaFat

Yeah I found the CE gifts very disappointing.

I certainly wasn't expecting anything that would confer a number bonus but off the top of the my head there are certain "no brainers" that i think would be reasonable to expect...

Training Droid - allows you remote access to a trainer perhaps?

Stap Speeder - can be retrofitted (at the same cost as any player buying a 110% speed mount) to go at 110% like the fastest mounts so that it doesn't become obsolete.

Colour crystal - seriously ? black and yellow? i honestly thought i would have a choice of colours, no stat plus just a choice of colour would have been great.

the rest of the items were not particularly unexpected but i have to say that i was also surprised that the items all took normal inventory spots because they are now sitting in my bank...

by taking up inventory slots they actually become a hindrance.

not too impressed with this.

The game is outstanding but the CE items are far from it and I feel a bit ripped off if I'm honest as my expectations have not really been approached, let alone met.

Edited by Shai-Huluud

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

100% Agree

/sign

They are just fluff, nothing more. The flare gun is pretty nice being it's reminiscent of the Hope trailer where they all fire their flare guns in the air at the end. The cam is a nice addition. The vehicle was never promised to be good because that would make it an "advantage". Overall it's not a bad bundle all things considered.

- I agree the "Training Droid" dosent behave as advertised. I have used it mabye once. I would use it all the time if it acted as advertised.

- I do like the holocam, it automatically removes the UI form the screenprint.

- Holodancer? Meh.

- Flare gun is pretty cool.

- Havent got the 40k for the riding training yet.

What I think is extremely important to point out... if BW is even paying attention...

I think the majority of people are not looking for anything to give them an advantage in game. All of it is just cosmetic, and the reasonable people understand that. That is what I wanted anyways.

What is being asked, is that our nice and neat unique stuff, can be used all the way to 50 without being obsolete to normal in-game items.

Again, I don't want any advantages, I just want me CE items to have equal ability to easily bought or acquired items.

I would love to ride my STAP all the way to end-game. I would love to have my little droid flying around. (and as a bonus when I 'rest' and recover instead of shooting a coin, I am shooting at it?). I would love the CE store to have orange slotted clothing, that has just a little more detail than others.

When I got the CE, what I was hoping for in it all, was just a bit more attention to detail. All just cosmetic, never anything that gave me a real in game advantage.

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

I agree with everything but vendor access. There is just no way I can agree with paid for access, as that then diminishes what I paid for.

I like how they got another vendor you can buy access to that will have stuff, but not the same stuff.

For me, in 5 years and maybe few have CE. I will value very much being unique looking. That for me was one of the main selling points.

If you give paid for access, I would have bought the DDE and not the CE.

Edited by Aberration