Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a handful of relatively minor fixes could make players happy.

The STAP really does need to scale with riding speed. Especially for a special Deluxe/Collector's edition mount, it really shouldn't be so limited. This is easily in line with most other MMOs.

Holodancer could have a handful of dancer options. At very least the twi'lek female model could have multiple dances selected randomly, but how about adding a male twi'lek for those inclined as such? Heck. put a Wookie in there doing "The Monkey"! Put a Gamorrean doing "The Running Man"! Have some fun with it!

Training Droid...I'm not sure what to do about this exactly but other suggestions are viable.

Flare Gun should work indoors without passing through the ceiling as if it wasn't there; it would also be neat to have multiple color flares. Sell some colored flare "ammo" from the VIP vendor for cheap - white, red, blue, green etc... that when used makes the next 1, 5, or 10 shots from your flare gun that color instead of the default. The ability to fire grounded smoke flares would be helpful too, for raid positioning planning.

I like the cut of your jib.

Like many of the other posters, I completely agree with everything the original poster said. I honestly wish I hadn't spent the extra 20 dollars and had just gotten the basic edition of the game. I don't think it's an unfair assumption that MOST people who purchased the digital deluxe version feel this way.

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

So if you train for the second and the Third speeder licence that STAP is not useable? Or could you still use it but at 90%?

To be fair I never bothered with the 85k second licence in beta as it's such a small increase.

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

I've used the colour crystal since I got my light saber, I keep swapping it out when I upgrade and have used it 90% of my gameplay.

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

Does the training droid do any damage? I would use it if it even did a little damage?

I knew the items would be trash but hope the CE Store continues to be unique, when it comes down to it I paid £130 just to have items you don't have! Sorry if that sounds bad :D I was a little disappointed with the way the music was given as mp3 and the CE Soundtrack came in a little flimsy paper tat packet.

I'm now really just hoping the explorer's guide will be good (I know the datacrons are everywhere on the internet) I want something nice to keep that the CE didn't really fulfil :(

The mount may give you crappy speed as you say..but it is a collectors item and something only special people have ( definitioin of collector) but more importantly they GAVE you the mount..so no lie there

people seriously need to stop with the they lied ********..they didnt lie.they gave you stuff that you didnt really want its not their fault you dont like the yellow/black. *i personally do. i wish it wasnt the practice saber colour.. but meh*

but BW didnt lie..they gave you those things. shrug

Congratulations - you have failed the Internet. You, those who are incapable of processing the point of the OP, and those simply trolling because they got beat up in school a lot and find the Internet a safe place to get payback without repercussions, should sign out of TOR and go play Hello Kitty with Butters.

Look, I love the game, and though some of the products sold under the advertisement of Deluxe Edition are not what they claim, I'm not going to do anything about it. However, to say to others, "har har welcome to the free market/capitalism" (and those people need to OCCUPY a classroom) exposes you're absolute ignorance.

Technically, the OP is correct. In fact, Origin has violated the Lahan Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a) and the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act. You -cannot- advertise one thing and provide something completely different. That is fundamentally against the law in at least 44 states.

Also, the people suggesting the OP and others are whining that they didn't receive "god" items have also failed the Internet and must cut their DSL lines and go stand in the corner till after Christmas. They wanted their VANITY/FLUFF item - not some uber piece of gear. So what if the "pet" droid only did .0001 damage to the mob every 300 seconds? Some people just want that image on their screen of that li'l robot zapping their enemies.

Try actually reading next time... it's FTW.

Edited by jaimieeb

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

I agree with everything in your post except for this. I'm sorry, but you chose not to get the CE, knowing that it would have an exclusive store. If the store was a priority to you then you could have bought the CE, but you chose not to make it so. It's no more reasonable for you to get the CE items than it is for buyers of the standard edition to get the DDE items (less so, considering the comparative price of the CE); if you want them, you just have to pay the extra and buy that edition in the first place. We're not entitled to everything in life. :) You get what you pay for.

Aside from that, I think you made an excellent post. It's by no means a deal breaker for me, I love the game and I think the items are a sweet bonus, but I would really prefer it if things could scale to be useful at maximum level. I get that it's a low priority request, but if they could get around to tweaking this when launch issues die down then I think it'd be a very nice gesture.

While I agree that the items are meh, I am confused about your color crystal issue.

I started using mine in stuff at lvl 7 through 20 ish. You must be doing it wrong.

I think you can get a better crystal with around 100 artifice skill, but that also may have a level restriction. My brother is an artifice and I asked for a better coloured crystal with the same stats at least as the pre-order one, and he said he can do it at 100 skill.

I too wish that I would've gotten the standard verson. I thought that one of the DDE items would be kool, but they are not. I then thought that atleast I get a mount and it saves me a bunch of money, but it didn't because it cost a ton just to train in a skill that allows me to ride the speeder. Speeders are unexpensive, so a free speeder didn't save me very much time or in-game money.

I sure do get pissed when I'm lied to via semantics.

Advertisement "You get to change the color of your bolts" (Shows Crystal)

Reality: Crystal is useless in the game, and is one ugly black/yellow color that is unchangeable.

Mount: Advertised as a digital/collector mount.

Reality: Give it crappy speed so it becomes obsolete making the mount worthless.

Agreed. I was really ticked off about the crystal thing. I feel cheated.

The STAP is the best piece as the other mounts are just plain ugly.

And honestly, I plan on using it until I can afford the Dark 5 mount because 200kish credits for 10% faster is just not noticeable or worth it.

Although, would make me happy if it scaled with your riding skill......

O and Flare Gun owns!

I bought Dragon Age's Collector Edition. I bought Mass Effect 2's Collector Edition. I would have bought the first Mass Effect CE if it was available in Canada. I will buy Mass Effect 3's Collector as well. I buy them because They gives nice stuff for each games.

I will not upgrade my account to DDE. Few useless items and a cheap yet good looking mount for 20$ ? Thanks but no thanks.

Anyone that got the more expensive versions for the digital goodies either knew what they were getting and are happy with it or needs to think before they buy

No MMO I have ever played has ever given combat-improving items for purchasing a more expensive version. The few items you get that help only assist the lower levels and are minimal improvements anyway

And in what games has a virtual pet assisted you in combat? Combat pets have never been offered in any MMO I have played as a 'bonus item'. Color crystals... did you look on WoWHead? Did you ask anyone that played Beta? Even if you waited until the last week, the NDA was lifted and WoWHead has had info for a while now, you could have looked (or asked) and been told that it would be out-leveled

If you feel jipped, it's your own fault. Learn your lesson and move on

It's truly sad at the level of reading comprehension exhibited in our youth. I read the offer and got what they said was being given. I honestly feel sad for others who for some reason seemed to think otherwise.

• Flare Gun - Fire a dramatic and inspiring flare high into the air. (Check)
  • Training Droid - A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance. (Check)
  • HoloDancer - Portable entertainment system to project your own holographic dancer. (Check)
  • HoloCam - Keep visual records of your in-game adventures as you travel the Star Wars galaxy. (Check)
  • STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform) What is this? The STAP is a sleek and unique in-game vehicle you will acquire during your journeys (Check)
  • Exclusive Mouse Droid What is this? - A little Mouse Droid to join your adventures. (Check)
  • Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store - Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition. (Check)
  • Color Stone (Virtual item) - Change the color of your Lightsaber blade and blaster bolts. (Check)

Next time click on the [?] which details the info before you order. Saves you and us a lot of grief if you read.

Anyone that got the more expensive versions for the digital goodies either knew what they were getting and are happy with it or needs to think before they buy

No MMO I have ever played has ever given combat-improving items for purchasing a more expensive version. The few items you get that help only assist the lower levels and are minimal improvements anyway

And in what games has a virtual pet assisted you in combat? Combat pets have never been offered in any MMO I have played as a 'bonus item'. Color crystals... did you look on WoWHead? Did you ask anyone that played Beta? Even if you waited until the last week, the NDA was lifted and WoWHead has had info for a while now, you could have looked (or asked) and been told that it would be out-leveled

If you feel jipped, it's your own fault. Learn your lesson and move on

This isn't quite true. There's light armor modifiable armor that'll be useful until the end of the game with a nice look. There are no medium or heavy armor variants. I would like for them to include them. Most stuff in the CE store are light armor which is only useful for half the classes. :(

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'm pretty much a Bioware fanboy, but I sure do get pissed when I'm lied to via semantics.

Advertisement "You get to change the color of your bolts" (Shows Crystal)

Reality: Crystal is useless in the game, and is one ugly black/yellow color that is unchangeable.

Mount: Advertised as a digital/collector mount.

Reality: Give it crappy speed so it becomes obsolete making the mount worthless.

And don't forget the holocam:

Advertisement: "Record your in-game adventures!"

Reality: No video recording at all. Instead, it takes a screenshot. (which can be exactly duplicated by zooming all the way in, hitting Alt-Z, then hitting PrintScreen).

To all those who are inexplicably trying to defend Bioware/EA on this whole issue: face it, we were lied to. They used deceptive marketing practices with phrases designed to evoke a certain understanding in the reader which was different from the actual product being sold.

This has "class action" written all over it. :mad: