Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

This may or may not have been asked, but when we start to see more "Legendary" items will they be items along the lines of "Freedon Nadd's Lightsaber", like we saw in KOTOR and KOTOR II? I think it would be pretty neat to be one of the few running about with a legendary piece of Star Wars history.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a clarification on how interceptions in Huttball work? Currently, it seems to be mostly random, with a somewhat increased chance of intercepting if all the allied receivers are stunned. Does the number of allies vs enemies factor in? Closest to the center of or edge of the passing zone? Edited by Aikiyc

Yes, I would like to second the one question dominating this thread so far: What, if anything, are you planning to do about 'dead' servers? Recently I simply re-rolled on a busy server leaving my 50's and their legacy behind. Not an optimal choice but preferred over not running flashies or ops - ever.

Two of the most posted suggestions are for more playable species and explorable worlds. Species such as Rodian, Wookiee, Zeltron, Bothan and others; and the worlds Yavin IV, Endor, Ziost, Csilla and Taloraan are regularly requested to be added. Could we possibly see any made available in the future through either major updates or a possible expansion?

Species such as Zeltron, Teevan, Kiffar, Falleen, Echani, Arkanian, Muun, Cerean, Biituian and Pantoran appear to be simple recolors of humans and feature minor to zero anatomical features. Can we assume that they'd be much easier to implement than compared to say a Kel Dor?

Edited by Vitas

Will we be able to unlock the rest abilities of other classes via the legacy system in the future (be it as actual rest abilities or as a compromise simply animated emotes if that's easier to implement)? Some of those are really nice and may fit our characters better than the default ones used for the class.

Any plans to be able to change the name of existing guild ranks in Game Update 1.2 or later? This would be useful especially for pre-defined ranks like Guildmaster for roleplaying guilds that want to call their Guildmaster "Jedi Master", "Grand Admiral" or whatever fits the theme of the guild. Also, will we be able to define more than the current 9custom guild ranks and display them as our title (at least to the other guild members, if not to outsiders)? Edited by Stubacca

After testing the PTS and playing with GUI I quickly realize there was no way to edit applied debuffs on targets/raid frames. Bioware commented pretty in depth about wanting to implement the opportunity to customize your raid frames accordingly to help healers cleanse.

My question is, is there any concrete information yet on decisions for only showing your debuffs on a target? This is very helpful during raidand pvp to be able to track only your DOTs versus 7 other players +yours... Even if you want to track everyone else's the ability to change the size of specific buffs/debuffs maybe? Everyone else's smaller and yours bigger?

Can you explain the reasoning behind disallowing companion use in operations? Honestly, there are some instances where my companion would be able to fulfill a missing role more reliably than some PuG's. Also, it's nice to know that we have a plan B on some specific / easier boss encounters if someone disconnects or has to drop out of an operation run.

I would like to know when the server population will be addressed will there be a server merging soon?

I would like to know when you will stop avoiding this question!?

I might as well be playing a single player game here on Trayus Academy (EU) and from what I have read, a lot of the other EU servers are the same. Everyone is re-rolling on to the two high population servers (Red Eclipse and Tomb of Freedon Nadd) but why should we have to re-roll and what is going to happen when the two high population servers find themselves with long login queue times!?

Are there any plans to implement visual cues for ability procs (i.e. abilities lighting up on the action bar, icons around the player's avatar) in the near future? Possibly by game update 1.3? :D Edited by Ashuraman

Will we see anything related to companion options?

the ability to talk to them whenever you want for example?

i'm married to jaessa, had a relationship with vette for 90% of the time, but she just forgot or never spoke to me when i married jaessa (wich was also just a simple :yes lets get married option, nothing more)

More random companion stuff going on instead of the system based on X amount of affection.

Do you have a plan to reduce the abysmally long loading times?

You said at the guild summit that you will add more objects to the world like animals and stuff to address the complaint that worlds are 'static and lifeless' but won't this make loading even longer? The time it currently takes to load large worlds would be bad even for a console, it is insane for a PC.

Social Points -- any plans to create more content with greater amounts of dialog that award them? As it is, even grouping, I find it difficult to build many Social Points without grinding the Esseles (or Black Talon, Imperial side) flashpoint. IMO, the issue is that you put all the cool dialog/interaction into these starting FPs, and left the rest rather plain combat-fests. (IMO, and all.) Very much want to see more dialog/interaction in more places in-game!

Through out the game we get companion gear on each planet.But you only can fully equip one companion at a time.So basically by time you reach level 50 you have one companion with good gear and 4 with crap gear.Can we get a companion gear vendor on the fleet? Or make the companion gear automatically level with your character?

Small scale PvP is surprisingly well balanced. Ony my server (and many others) we have weekly interfaction PvP-events in the Tatooine Arena concentrating on 3v3, with the occasional 2v2/4v4 and duels and are enjoying it very much. Some servers are cappning the population for tatooine with such events.

Will we ever see Arena PvP in this game? It works fine already - but it would be nice to have a queue system and some kind of incentive for the non-hardcores to do it (no gear, just wz comms, credits, titles, pets, mounts, etc.). I'd be good with 4v4 deathmatch, it would suit that power of 4 design philosophy you have there. 3s seems to be working better, though, while 2s and Duels are horribly broken, as is expected. 2s would be great to play, but there's too much balancing issues atm (double burst stomps everything, healers have no place there).

There's no harm in implementing 4v4 Deathmatch - there are no balancing issues on that scale, we don't want better gear and the people, who don't want to, don't have to. As you might know, the players will qq about anything anyway.;)

So, could you just give some kind of statement on that matter, even as little as 'don't know', 'never', 'probably sometime', 'surprise feature of 1.2' (<- personal favorite) please?

Don't pretend you've never thought about it - the perfect arena, you've built in Outlaw's Den certainly didn't get there by accident.:D You probably have it in mind for a future expansion like 2.0, but it would be nice to hear something official.

I know it is a very delicate topic and spawns many a flamewar between the two camps, but there is a way to appease each and every complaint delivered by the Naysayers and many threads dealing with said arguments.

If it gets implemented the right way (i.e. different than rwz with ranked premade vs unranked pug:p) your awesome PvP will be even more awesome!

Edited by wtfnonamefree

How about improving character creation with new body features (from make up color to new haircuts and dyeable tattoos) and the much desired 5th body choice down to in game advanced image designer?

Why? Because we all look alike and keep looking at our characters in full screen for hours during cutscene.

My Republic guild deployed on Keller's Void. Due to the 8 character slot limit, we formed our Imperial alt guild on Crevasse City. With 1.2 we find out that our Republic characters & Imperial characters will not be able to benefit from each other's Legacy unlocks AND that we will be able to increase the number of character slots per server. So...

Is there any way we can move our Imperial guild over to Keller's Void to benefit from these new features? Or should I just expect to be lynched for separating my alt guild now that there is no reason for it?